Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equine Transport

Options
  • 15-08-2014 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of reasonable horse transport companies who do transport within Ireland? I can only seem to find companies who transport internationally.

Looking for transport from Dublin to Limerick, and back again a few days later.

What costs would I be looking at for this type of transport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mothoin

the way it is worked out in Ireland by most companies is on a mileage basis, plus a charge for waiting time if there is any,

if you want a number of a chap that does Irish runs drop me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Got quoted €370 each way for a trip from Dublin to Limerick! If anyone can recommend a cheaper place, that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭TinaOT

Have you considered hiring a box short term? Equi port in Dublin hire boxes & also sometimes will drive for you - I think they are on facebook or Westwood in naas hire boxes - €360 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

TinaOT wrote: »
    Have you considered hiring a box short term? Equi port in Dublin hire boxes & also sometimes will drive for you - I think they are on facebook or Westwood in naas hire boxes - €360 a month

Unfortunately I don't have a jeep, or a licence to tow! Good suggestion though.

Advertisement