Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

coolerboy wrote: »
    Yeahh hopefully ....whats gpa

Sorry, autocorrect. Was meant to be HPAT.
    GPA is the American high school and uni grading system btw, like a courses requirements would be a GPA of 3.5 and if u have 3.5 or above you get in and so on, same as points kind of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

:-) :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Fairly sure it was because 10 or so questions weren't marked because they appeared in a certain practice course actually :pac:

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    There's a lot of talk about scrapping the HPAT so you'd never know :o Hopefully it might be gone by the time we get there!

I think I'd rather the HPAT than the old way because the points would shoot back up to 600+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

kb98 wrote: »
    I think I'd rather the HPAT than the old way because the points would shoot back up to 600+
    I think it should be a bit more like the UK. Like interviews and personal statements. They would tell if a student's suited for medicine or not much better than the HPAT would.

• Advertisement

With the hpat you can still get in to medicine with 480 points but it would we incredibly hard to score 250+ in the hpat

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭FifaPlaya

Lucky you im the smallest in my year even some 1st years are taller than me

Dont worry u'll grow as long as you dont lift heavy weights

Are youse going to start studying when we get back or only for exams.
    I plan to look over work done in class at home and study 2 hrs a day after easter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    Dont worry u'll grow as long as you dont lift heavy weights

That is bs sorry, I've lifted weights since like 2nd year and I'm a normal height (5'10/11) :p

I plan to look over work done in class at home and study 2 hrs a day after easter
    I'm gonna try to come up with a good way of making notes. I've been taking notes in 4th year but I think they might be too bulky for revision. I might try flashcards or something this year. I think studying for exams and tests is probably the best way to go in 5th year tbh!

• Advertisement

Im doing after school study, although most of that time will be spent on hw...

Im doing after school study, although most of that time will be spent on hw...

Sames

Im goin to study every night when i go back to school

Sames

Can't wait

Can't wait

Me2

Does anyone wish to study abroad

Me2

Same

That depends

I think I'd like to :)

FifaPlaya wrote: »
    That depends

What u plan to do in college
    I think I'd like to :)

Yeah me too scotland or uk

What u plan to do in college

Probably something in computer maybe business or some science. I hear business is taught brutally here from my friend who went abroad to study

• Advertisement

I'd love to go the America but the fees are just way too crazy! :o

Scotland is free and england is very expensive maybe consider sweden as it is free also

If i don't get medicine in ireland i will consider going to eastern europe

If i don't get medicine in ireland i will consider going to eastern europe
    If I don't get it I'll probably just go for general science or something else and apply for graduate medicine afterwards!

If I don't get it I'll probably just go for general science or something else and apply for graduate medicine afterwards!

That's my option 2 along with repeating, but grad costs like 60k or something :(

That's my option 2 along with repeating, but grad costs like 60k or something :(
    Yeah I don't know tbh! I'm just praying I get into undergrad!

Yeah I don't know tbh! I'm just praying I get into undergrad!

Same, I know if i work hard i can get it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Not long now...

May try on my uniform :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Imaginary Friend

I'm going back on the 26th. Every other year I looked forward to it, this year ... not so much. Mainly because this has been such a fabulous summer. Before that I'm going (from Louth) to Dublin on the Saturday and Galway on Sunday and Monday. So it'll be busy. I'm doing English, Irish, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, History and French. Considering picking up an 8th but I really don't know which I'd like to do so... Used Boards a bit coming up to the Junior Cert but yeah.

• Advertisement

Not long now...

May try on my uniform :pac:

I just realised this morning I never bought school pants :eek: Had to get express delivery :P
    I'm going back on the 26th. Every other year I looked forward to it, this year ... not so much. Mainly because this has been such a fabulous summer. Before that I'm going (from Louth) to Dublin on the Saturday and Galway on Sunday and Monday. So it'll be busy. I'm doing English, Irish, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, History and French. Considering picking up an 8th but I really don't know which I'd like to do so... Used Boards a bit coming up to the Junior Cert but yeah.

I'm not really looking forward to going back either if I'm honest :p

Advertisement