Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mayogirlie1

coolerboy wrote: »
    I got -14 for k what answers in the back of the book

Its 9 :/ Edco exam papers btw :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

On my way ill give it my final try

On my way ill give it my final try

I have to say that question is worded very unusually.... is that honours lc or something??

I have to say that question is worded very unusually.... is that honours lc or something??

Yup its honours lc! Our teacher insists that we do the papers as we do the topic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

The only good thing about Geography is getting to draw a nice diagram... Otherwise it's work work work!:pac:

LSjrzR9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

The only good thing about Geography is getting to draw a nice diagram... Otherwise it's work work work!:pac:

LSjrzR9.jpg

Tell me about it, I'm on regional geography.

Any help???? Its question 10 by the way:)

Edit: Sorry I took a picture of the wrong question instead the actual question is "When the two digits of a two digit number are added together,the answer is 12.The two digit number obtained by swapping the digits around is 18 more than the original number.Find the two digits."

• Advertisement

Any help???? Its question 10 by the way:)

Nice picture of the question ... :rolleyes:

Nice picture of the question ... :rolleyes:

Why whats wrong??

Why whats wrong??

When I open it, the first two sentences of Q10 are not visible.

When I open it, the first two sentences of Q10 are not visible.

Ohh I am sooooo sorry my mistake ill type it instead

When the two digits of a two digit number are added together,the answer is 12.The two digit number obtained by swapping the digits around is 18 more than the original number.Find the two digits.

When the two digits of a two digit number are added together,the answer is 12.The two digit number obtained by swapping the digits around is 18 more than the original number.Find the two digits.

The answer is 57.
    5 + 7 = 12
    57 + 18 = 75

Don't know how to work it though using algebra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

You have such pretty handwriting :P

The answer is 57.
    5 + 7 = 12
    57 + 18 = 75

Don't know how to work it though using algebra.

Thanks yep the answer is 57:) Ill give my last try....haha I cant rest until I solve maths problems

Anyone else do after school study

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Anyone else do after school study

Yep. 2 hours everyday - great to get your homework done!

I hate non uniform days!!! :(

• Advertisement

I hate non uniform days!!! :(

How so? The student council organise it in my school, and we usually get people to pay (very little) so we can have funds for prizes and smart investments :pac:

How so? The student council organise it in my school, and we usually get people to pay (very little) so we can have funds for prizes and smart investments :pac:

The pressure of finding something good to wear and what others will think of you always gets me worked up :( we had to pay €2!!! But my school raised 1600 for the local cancer support:)

My friends brother appealed 3 of his grades in his L.C and got all of them upgraded!!!! Just heard now.... he now has 590 points he got a C2 in maths upgraded to a A2 and a B1 in english upgraded to an A1 and a A2 in ag science upgraded to an A1 goes to show many mistakes that can happen in these exams.... :):)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My friends brother appealed 3 of his grades in his L.C and got all of them upgraded!!!! Just heard now.... he now has 590 points he got a C2 in maths upgraded to a A2 and a B1 in english upgraded to an A1 and a A2 in ag science upgraded to an A1 goes to show many mistakes that can happen in these exams.... :):)

C2 to A2 is a very odd upgrade - was that a mistot?

spurious wrote: »
    C2 to A2 is a very odd upgrade - was that a mistot?

Yeah a huge one :) On the marks sheet

That moment when you're convinced someone broke into your house and ONLY stole your geography copy and notes.... Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

That moment when you're convinced someone broke into your house and ONLY stole your geography copy and notes.... Seriously.

Seems legit :P

Does anyone else watch the 100? It's sooo good

Beca19 wrote: »
    Seems legit :P

I've SEARCHED everywhere.

I guess my notes are just that good :pac:

Did anyone watch any of the chucky movies??? Haha its soo scary and funny at the same time ;)

• Advertisement

Anyone do some study or anything over the midterm?

I brushed through regional geography and some Italian and irish vocabulary.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

I've got - And still to do - a S**t load of homework. 4 Full Long Business questions, 3 English Essay questions, A sraith Pictuir, A full chapter of maths questions and a German Oral on Monday? #:)

The 100? What's that!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

Nope! Had midterm exams last week so taking a bit of a break :)

Yep, I have midterm exams in a week so I its time well spent:)

I had a few exams before midterm so thankfully got no homework.

The other English class have to write a speech though!

I didn't study at all during midterm, midterm is a break, doesn't need to be all school stuff haha :pac:

I've got - And still to do - a S**t load of homework. 4 Full Long Business questions, 3 English Essay questions, A sraith Pictuir, A full chapter of maths questions and a German Oral on Monday? #:)

I wish i got that much homework! My teachers are taking it too easy.

The 100? What's that!

TV show! Season 2 is only out now so not that many people have heard of it :) it's on E4 and Canadian Netflix (for some random reason) but I'd highly recommend it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭pvakelly

Heard some good stuff about, haven't seen it though. Spending my TV time on American Horror Story at the moment :D

• Advertisement

pvakelly wrote: »
    Heard some good stuff about, haven't seen it though. Spending my TV time on American Horror Story at the moment :D

Give it a try ;) I watched the first season of that, it's good but really creepy ahah

pvakelly wrote: »

Have you seen Jessica Lange perform Lana Del Rey's Gods & Monsters?

I streamed 1 episode after having 2 recorded so that may be in the episode Tuesday coming.

Jessica Lange sounds amazing....

Is anyone else tied down between two or more colleges?

I don't know if I should go Trinity or DCU. The possibilities are so huge, I don't know how to decide. I'm just reading through the course details for both and they both sound awesome...

Excited for the open days. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭kb98

Is anyone else tied down between two or more colleges?

I don't know if I should go Trinity or DCU. The possibilities are so huge, I don't know how to decide. I'm just reading through the course details for both and they both sound awesome...

Excited for the open days. :)

What course? They are all good in their own areas but trinity would be seen as better.

kb98 wrote: »
    What course? They are all good in their own areas but trinity would be seen as better.

In what aspect?

I think Trinity lacks a relationship with modern industry, I don't know. I've got told it's more for academic than real industry applications.

In what aspect?

I think Trinity lacks a relationship with modern industry, I don't know. I've got told it's more for academic than real industry applications.

As I say,depends on the course. For example if you were interested in banking the top investment banks only hire from Trinity and UCD. Internationally trinity is much more respected that any other irish university

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 moorewaltz

. For example if you were interested in banking the top investment banks only hire from Trinity and UCD. I

Source?

moorewaltz wrote: »
    Source?

Not sure, i read before the top investment banks only hold hiring events in TCD and UCD. Also trinity is more recognised aborad etc due to its much higher rankings

Not sure, i read before the top investment banks only hold hiring events in TCD and UCD. Also trinity is more recognised aborad etc due to its much higher rankings

I understand you, and one of the reasons why my heart tells me Trinity is because it is internationally renowned, and employers will be impressed (if they're that type of person.)

The international status is a huge plus.

I would love to study abroad, perhaps in Germany or another Eastern Europe country.

Their fees are a lot cheaper than outs too and the points requirement is basically negated!

I don't really bother thinking about that stuff as it's way too far in the future.

I would love to study abroad, perhaps in Germany or another Eastern Europe country.

Their fees are a lot cheaper than outs too and the points requirement is basically negated!

I don't really bother thinking about that stuff as it's way too far in the future.

Had an interesting talk today, it seems like people would be better studying abroad in some sense. Medicine in Italy... you hardly need any points and requirements very low, plus you need to do their version of the HPAT.

Heard Netherlands is very good for Irish students, best do some research :D.

• Advertisement
Advertisement