Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlow College - Humanities

Options
  • 15-08-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I've a strong feeling I'll get offered this course on Monday and have a few questions: 1. What's Carlow like in general, I'm from Galway and have never been 2. Obviously I want to know about the college? is it a good college,social,atmosphere,easy to make friends etc..? 3. Anyone done humanities? It's pc402 that I'll be doing. 4.Any advice re getting used to the place? This is my first time being independent and away from home so should I move down a few weeks earlier to settle in? Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I've a strong feeling I'll get offered this course on Monday and have a few questions: 1. What's Carlow like in general, I'm from Galway and have never been 2. Obviously I want to know about the college? is it a good college,social,atmosphere,easy to make friends etc..? 3. Anyone done humanities? It's pc402 that I'll be doing. 4.Any advice re getting used to the place? This is my first time being independent and away from home so should I move down a few weeks earlier to settle in? Thanks! :)

Hi, i ll be going to St Pats too but doing applied social studies. Carlow town would be fairly aimed at students especially with the I.T. and the large student population.

As for the college its much smaller that the I.T. with roughly 700 students. The college itself is a former seminary and from those i ve spoken to has a very good reputation but everyone will have their own opinion of the place.

As for the social atmosphere and making friends that ll be up to you, just make sure you enjoy the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 KeenTeen10

Lollipop95 wrote: »

See you there lollipop hahaha

Advertisement