Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We go again. Liverpool v Southampton Sun 17th Aug KO 13:30 SS1 - Mod post in OP

• 15-08-2014 10:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Life without Luis Suarez begins on Sunday, as Brendao Rodgers' Liverpool side welcome a hugely depleted Southampton to Anfield to kick off the 14/15 campaign.

The summer transfer window saw Rodgers raid the Saints for defender Dejan Lovern, midfielder Adam Lallana and journery man striker and former Reds trainee Rickie Lambert.

The Northern Irish man didn't stop there however and has also signed Lazar Markovic, Divock Origi, Javier Manquillo, Emre Can and Alberto Moreno. Last years runners up and Christmas champions are hopeful they can sign a first team forward before the window closes.

Liverpool will be without Lallana, Agger, Flanagan and Markovic who are all injured, Origi loaned back to Lille and Moreno who's paperwork wasn't submitted in time.

Having beaten Liverpool 1-0 at Anfield last season, Southampton will field an unfamiliar team on Sunday, picked by new manager Ronald Koeman, who took over from Mauricio Pochettino following his exit in June.

Apart from Lovern(who scored the winner at Liverpool last season), Lallana and Lambert, Southampton lost Luke Shaw(Man U), Calum Chambers(Arsenal) and Danni Osvaldo(Inter). While Morgan Schneiderlin still remains a Southampton player, his mentality will be in question as he has pushed for a transfer to Spurs and his old manager.

Koeman understandably has also been busy in the transfer market by signing Shane Long, Graziano Pelle, Dusan Tadic and Florin Gardos.

New signing Gardos will join last seasons top scorer Jay Rodriguez on the bench who is still recovering from an ACL injury picked up towards the end of the previous campaign and Schneiderlin may not be selected due to lack of fitness.

Prediction: Nervy 1-0 to the home team.

Mod Post: Remember folks, the EPL are clamping down on any footage, be it gifs, on vine etc, of any goals or incidents from ongoing games, so please do not be putting them in match threads. It falls under the copyright rule for the forum, and we would prefer if neither the site or any posters got into trouble over it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Thanks Super-Rush :D

Let the madness begin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Its Back !

JimCarrey.gif

Lovren to get serious abuse from his old fans and have a stormer of a game.

Reckon Liverpool will win by 2 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Liverpool to win 4-0, Sturridge and Sterling to score and a new SAS to be born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

A left right headed hat trick from Sterling and Real Madrid on the phone!

Given the knocks the starting 11 must be pretty much the same as against Dortmund which was

Mig
    Manquillo--Skrtel--Lovren--Johnson
    Gerrard
    Hendo--Can
    Sterling----Coutinho
    Sturridge

Maybe Allen for Can and maybe Enrique back with Johnson at RB (not sure I want that!)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Liverpool win, but not straightforward at all.

3-2 win with a nervy last 5 mins after Southampton pull it back to 3-2.

• Advertisement

Southampton with a two nil win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

shock southampton win for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

7-0 win
    The Count will run riot and Dani will score a hat trick
    Lambert free kick
    Gerrard Pen
    Skrtel Header
    Stirling tap in from 5yrds out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

I think we might continue in the vain we left off and a load of BBC ***** will remember that Brendan Rogers got us 2nd not Suarez

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

2-1 Liverpool, Soton to give a good display. Nervy last 10 minutes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

2-0 ht 5-0 ft. Or any kind of a win will do. 3 points to start the year off nicely anything else would be a downer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

But how can Liverpool play themselves? :P

*Runs and hides in a bush, waits till the coast is clear, gets into car starts driving and never f*cking stops, finds shelter for the night, tomorrow is another day*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Southampton will win, this game has been bugging since the fixtures were released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Predictable 1-0 win for Southampton. Liverpool to break 30 shots on goal barrier and beat last seasons woodwork tally in first 45 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lets all take a moment to remember the saps that can't be here with us and hopefully Rodgers dedicates the win to them.

Expect a win for Liverpool but expect it to be a close call and a nervy affair which will see someone having to purchase a new couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Lets all take a moment to remember the saps that can't be here with us and hopefully Rodgers dedicates the win to them.

Expect a win for Liverpool but expect it to be a close call and a nervy affair which will see someone having to purchase a new couch.

tumblr_msdoe1LVPF1rhe069o1_500.gif

Shout out to TNA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Whats the over/under on Liverpool hitting the post:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Liverpool to be winning 2 nil before lovren scores a hatrick of own goals, he'll also pull off his top and reveal a Southampton Jersey, Lambert and lallana will do the same and rejoin their former team. Final score 3 - 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Liverpool to be winning 2 nil before lovren scores a hatrick of own goals, he'll also pull off his top and reveal a Southampton Jersey, Lambert and lallana will do the same and rejoin their former team. Final score 3 - 2

Arguably the greatest post you've ever put up on the soccer forum. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

3-0 Liverpool. Cannot wait for the season to begin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Hard to see past a Liverpool win. More interesting to see how some of their new players gel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

There isn't much competition,in fairness.

There isn't much competition,in fairness.

Ah now, in fairness, I quite like his response.

Ok, first and last of an old sap tradition.

Saps assemble!

guardians-2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I find it hard to look past a Liverpool win and I think it could be a big one.

Sturridge to net a couple.

I won't be feeling half as confident come kickoff, but thinking about it rationally and leaving fan fear to the side I would expect a comfortable win

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Your loss is our gain :pac:

We're like the Hydra. Some of our heads may have been cut off but new ones have grown in their place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

We're like the Hydra. Some of our heads may have been cut off but new ones have grown in their place.

Better looking ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Cant see us beating Southampton.
    In fact, with the signings we've made, less Suarez, i'd be surprised if we mange to avoid relegation.
    An awful season ahead for us.

:(

Ninja edit - Our Year

You're a big meanie! Some of the losses are only temporary and I'm going to tell on you.
    Fescue wrote: »
    Better looking ones.

With even better hair.

Fescue wrote: »
    Better looking ones.
    You're a big meanie! Some of the losses are only temporary and I'm going to tell on you.

With even better hair.

4117c14223b2717592e2c95aedb3522d920208080b651cb40fd3cbc724d8b8c6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭larrymiller

Our year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With even better hair.

Even temporary relief is something :)
    I'm just thinking of our match threads, I might start posting in them again.

• Advertisement

Even temporary relief is something :)
    I'm just thinking of our match threads, I might start posting in them again.

Had you stopped posting in mach threads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Morzadec wrote: »
    I find it hard to look past a Liverpool win and I think it could be a big one.

Sturridge to net a couple.

I won't be feeling half as confident come kickoff, but thinking about it rationally and leaving fan fear to the side I would expect a comfortable win

I am ridiculously optimistic about tomorrow's game. Have far too much by way of new season giddiness going on, and it is probably having a blinkering effect on me with regards to the fact that Southampton, despite the players they have lost, have the potential to put out a pretty useful starting XI.

But I am going to stick with the giddy side and say that Liverpool will score four or more goals and get their first three points of the season.

Do hope that after tomorrow that Southampton have a solid season as I have hopes that they will be as enteratining to watch under Koeman as they were under Pochettino.

Had you stopped posting in mach threads?

Steered clear of them for the most part. It was Groundhog Day stuff after a few weeks.

Steered clear of them for the most part. It was Groundhog Day stuff after a few weeks.

The results probably had something to do with it ;)

AF3J5.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

3-0 Liverpool. Cannot wait for the season to begin.

Clean sheets, I like it.
    article-2057910-0EADC1F700000578-622_306x423.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

We go again. Again. Again. Again? Again.

Again.

Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Draw written all over this. 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Life without Luis Suarez begins on Sunday, as Brendao Rodgers' Liverpool side welcome a hugely depleted Southampton to Anfield to kick off the 14/15 campaign.

The summer transfer window saw Rodgers raid the Saints for defender Dejan Lovern, midfielder Adam Lallana and journery man striker and former Reds trainee Rickie Lambert.

The Northern Irish man didn't stop there however and has also signed Lazar Markovic, Divock Origi, Javier Manquillo, Emre Can and Alberto Moreno. Last years runners up and Christmas champions are hopeful they can sign a first team forward before the window closes.

Liverpool will be without Lallana, Agger, Flanagan and Markovic who are all injured, Origi loaned back to Lille and Moreno who's paperwork wasn't submitted in time.

Having beaten Liverpool 1-0 at Anfield last season, Southampton will field an unfamiliar team on Sunday, picked by new manager Ronald Koeman, who took over from Mauricio Pochettino following his exit in June.

Apart from Lovern(who scored the winner at Liverpool last season), Lallana and Lambert, Southampton lost Luke Shaw(Man U), Calum Chambers(Arsenal) and Danni Osvaldo(Inter). While Morgan Schneiderlin still remains a Southampton player, his mentality will be in question as he has pushed for a transfer to Spurs and his old manager.

Koeman understandably has also been busy in the transfer market by signing Shane Long, Graziano Pelle, Dusan Tadic and Florin Gardos.

New signing Gardos will join last seasons top scorer Jay Rodriguez on the bench who is still recovering from an ACL injury picked up towards the end of the previous campaign and Schneiderlin may not be selected due to lack of fitness.

Prediction: Nervy 1-0 to the home team.

Mod Post: Remember folks, the EPL are clamping down on any footage, be it gifs, on vine etc, of any goals or incidents from ongoing games, so please do not be putting them in match threads. It falls under the copyright rule for the forum, and we would prefer if neither the site or any posters got into trouble over it.

Brendaõ wants his tilda back. Good post otherwise mate, well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Liverpool to BELIEVE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Currently living in Melbourne so going watching the match in the supporters bar in the City which is the Imperial, anyone here ever been their for a match? Whats the crowd like? Been their a good few times on nights out drinking and for the world cup but ive heard from some people that it's mental in their for LFC matches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Currently living in Melbourne so going watching the match in the supporters bar in the City which is the Imperial, anyone here ever been their for a match? Whats the crowd like? Been their a good few times on nights out drinking and for the world cup but ive heard from some people that it's mental in their for LFC matches
    Is it on there already? Whats the score?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Seen on twitter that the team will be the sames as it was Vs Dortmund. Except Lucas in for Can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

MD1990 wrote: »
    Seen on twitter that the team will be the sames as it was Vs Dortmund. Except Lucas in for Can.

Dissapointed if Lucas starts, he's been a liability for some time now IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

Dissapointed if Lucas starts, he's been a liability for some time now IMO.

I thought he was quite good when he came on against Dortmund. People are too quick to forget what a good player Lucas was before his injury. Who is to say he can't get back to that level.

• Advertisement
Advertisement