Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

We go again. Liverpool v Southampton Sun 17th Aug KO 13:30 SS1 - Mod post in OP

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I thought the heads did drop tbh, we were a shambles after Soton equalised and they could have easily put us to the sword before fortune shone kindly on us.

I always said that 3 pts was all I wanted from this game regardless of how it was achieved, but that performance has me worried. We looked absolutely clueless in the 2nd half and at times Soton seemed to have twice the amount of players on the pitch.

Normal for teams to have tails up after scoring and to play with confidence.

If heads had dropped completely they would have lost the game.

Southampton tactics of packing midfield paid off and we found it difficult.

I would not read too much more into first game.

However after last season how we destroyed teams we can expect more teams to play like Southampton did today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

murpho999 wrote: »
    Normal for teams to have tails up after scoring and to play with confidence.

If heads had dropped completely they would have lost the game.

Southampton tactics of packing midfield paid off and we found it difficult.

I would not read too much more into first game.

Hiowver after last season how we destroyed teams we can expect more teams to play like Southampton did today.

Well Southampton beat us last year at Anfield so as far as I'm concernced we're definitely on course for ~87 points for this season. That'd be sufficient for top 4 I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Enjoyable game for the neutral.

Liverpool still playing too open and making too much of a game of it, like last season. Great to watch, but a problem if you want to win the biggest prizes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Pro. F wrote: »

Liverpool still playing too open and making too much of a game of it, like last season. Great to watch, but a problem if you want to win the biggest prizes.

Like the Guinness International Champions Cup? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Augmerson wrote: »

cringe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

ush wrote: »
    Well, we're stuck with Lucas now.
    Hardly, the window is still open. He could be off to Napoli with any luck!

If anyone from Napoli was watching today, Lucas is staying put.

Augmerson wrote: »

Why the fúck are you still making that shít joke? It's like you have developed a grudge for the most pathetic reason in history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Why the fúck are you still making that shít joke? It's like you have developed a grudge for the most pathetic reason in history.

Jaysus ye ' re a sour bunch when ye loose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I'm sorry if that's pissed you off but it's only a joke. I have no grudge at all. I apologize and won't make it again, I don't want to antagonize anyone.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Jaysus ye ' re a sour bunch when ye loose.

My comments on the Liverpool Southampton game have nothing to do with United.

Your inability to take objective criticism of your club's performance is sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

Lads the knee-jerking on here after we lose or perform poorly is always so ridiculous. Players have bad games every now and again. There is no need for the "should never play again" or "sell him" stuff after one bad performance. I remember people were saying the same about Sterling and Gerrard early last season. It's like people don't realise that players can just be out of form.

Lucas wasn't at the races today but some of the comments here are OTT. It was a terrible team performance. Just because Lucas or Johnson are seen as the worst players at the moment they seem to get all the criticism.

There is no way we will be as lethargic against City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Neutral. Are you sure?. This kinda football nearly worked last year. With better players why can't it work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

Lads the knee-jerking on here after we lose or perform poorly is always so ridiculous. Players have bad games every now and again. There is no need for the "should never play again" or "sell him" stuff after one bad performance. I remember people were saying the same about Sterling and Gerrard early last season. It's like people don't realise that players can just be out of form.

Lucas wasn't at the races today but some of the comments here are OTT. It was a terrible team performance. Just because Lucas or Johnson are seen as the worst players at the moment they seem to get all the criticism.

There is no way we will be as lethargic against City.

I think if BR persists with Gerard/Lucas together Man C will have a party going forward. Neither of them have pace, and although they can read a game, need a pacier player to assist/cover/back them up. It should really only be one of the two of them on the park at any one time, perhaps subbing each of them at half time in the games.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Neutral. Are you sure?. This kinda football nearly worked last year. With better players why can't it work.

Yes I'm neutral for that game. I'd rather see United competing with Liverpool and Arsenal at the top of the league than City and Chelsea. And if United aren't going to get into the title race this season I'd still rather see Liverpool and Arsenal fighting it out than the other two.

This kind of football nearly working with Suarez in the team is not something that would change my mind about its effectiveness. Playing such open, end-to-end football might work, but I think it has much less of a chance then if you could control the games a bit.

Advertisement