Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China Import Shipping Fees

Options
  • 16-08-2014 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a definitive answer for shipping costs & fees for small loads - LC L. There are lots of items readily available from China at very very good prices, but shipping fees, insurance and port fees are a mystery. I have a lot of items I would like to import, each are around 3 square M. Suppliers are happy to provide goods on a FOB basis.

How much is LCL shipping from major Chinese ports to Ireland per square meter?

On top of VAT & DUTY, I understand there are..
    Shipping fees, per m (LCL)
    Freight insurance
    Irish agents fees
    Customs (payment charge)
    Devanning charge

But, including all the fees and shipping charges (excluding vat & duty)... how much would it cost for a square m from china to Ireland?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Have you tried searching the search facility at the top right of this forum home page. lots of stuff about shipping rates etc from Asia. Pricing is based on the cubic metres or weight whichever is the greater using a standard formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

househero wrote: »
    I'm looking for a definitive answer for shipping costs & fees for small loads - LC L. There are lots of items readily available from China at very very good prices, but shipping fees, insurance and port fees are a mystery. I have a lot of items I would like to import, each are around 3 square M. Suppliers are happy to provide goods on a FOB basis.

How much is LCL shipping from major Chinese ports to Ireland per square meter?

On top of VAT & DUTY, I understand there are..
    Shipping fees, per m (LCL)
    Freight insurance
    Irish agents fees
    Customs (payment charge)
    Devanning charge

But, including all the fees and shipping charges (excluding vat & duty)... how much would it cost for a square m from china to Ireland?

Hello Househero,

Please be advised that freight costs are charged on a per cubic meter basis or 1000 kgs, which ever is the greater. In order to be able to answer your questions and give you a definitive answer, can you please provide the following information ;

1) Port(s) of shipping in China
    2) Place of delivery in Ireland
    3) Commodity / Commodities you intend to import
    4) Gross weight of the shipment(s)
    5) Cubic measurements or Length x Width x Height plus number of pieces
    6) Value of the goods

Based on the information submitted it will be possible to give you a detailed quotation for shipping and insurance and also look at the duty / VAT elements of your transaction(s).

Feel free to post the info or PM me.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Thanks for the posts guys, but im looking for a general cost base for future reference for everybody, excluding DUTY, which is variable anyway.

There is no clear information source on the shipping costs in to ireland based on a per cubic meter/1000kg basis. And I believe if people were aware of the shipping costs they would be MORE willing to import from China and use Irish agents. Secrecy only puts people off.

So... If you could clearly state the shipping cost from say Ningbo Port (China) to Dublin Port. Per Square Meter. PLUS associated fees and charges (excluding the actual duty cost which is variable and can be found out on http://www.dutycalculator.com/ )

Or maybe, if there are too many variables you could post a few examples...

1 Sq M, Ningbo to Dublin Port, 60kg $200

3 Sq M, Ningbo to Dublin Port, 200kg $400

10 sq M, Ningbo to Dublin Port, 4000Kg, $2000

1 FCL, Ningbo to Dublin Port, 15,000Kg, $12,000

All quotes EXCLUDE VAT & DUTY. But include associated fees and charges (including remittance of Duty)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

househero wrote: »
    Thanks for the posts guys, but im looking for a general cost base for future reference for everybody, excluding DUTY, which is variable anyway.

There is no clear information source on the shipping costs in to ireland based on a per cubic meter/1000kg basis. And I believe if people were aware of the shipping costs they would be MORE willing to import from China and use Irish agents. Secrecy only puts people off.

So... If you could clearly state the shipping cost from say Ningbo Port (China) to Dublin Port. Per Square Meter. PLUS associated fees and charges (excluding the actual duty cost which is variable and can be found out on http://www.dutycalculator.com/ )

Or maybe, if there are too many variables you could post a few examples...

1 Sq M, Ningbo to Dublin Port, 60kg $200

3 Sq M, Ningbo to Dublin Port, 200kg $400

10 sq M, Ningbo to Dublin Port, 4000Kg, $2000

1 FCL, Ningbo to Dublin Port, 15,000Kg, $12,000

All quotes EXCLUDE VAT & DUTY. But include associated fees and charges (including remittance of Duty)

Hello househero,

A couple of points to consider ;

1) Rates change on a monthly basis.
    2) There are at least 15 points of origin in China, different rates per origin apply.
    3) Groupage / LCL rates are expressed on a "per cubic meter or 1000 kgs" (NB : Not per SQ meter) basis for the Ocean freight. Handling costs are per 1000 kgs or 3 cubic meter
    4) FCL can be ; 20' container, 40' container, 40' hi cube container, 45' container.
    5) I would counsel against paying import duty / VAT to an agent, I always recommend that the duty / VAT is paid directly to customs (you can do that by bank transfer)

Then there is the issue of posting commercial information in a public forum. It could be considered advertising, which is against the rules of boards.ie.

I will send you a PM with some figures on the basis of the sample inquiries you posted above.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement