Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second IEC Visa

Options
  • 16-08-2014 4:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

I've done a bit of trawling online in relation to this and responses have been somewhat varied.

I applied for an IEC in 2012/13, received my POE and was all ready to go but due to extenuating circumstances I was unable to travel to Canada to activate my visa. At the time, this didn't bother me so much as I was under the impression that Irish citizens were entitled to two IEC visas and could apply a second time if they never used the first.

Having just got back from Montreal for an extended stay, I have decided that I need to get and live there ASAP (IEC 2015). However, after inquiring around, it's starting to look like I can't apply for a second visa within the IEC programme as I never activated my first :(

Can anyone clarify if this is the case? Truly gutted if so. I don't think I qualify as a skilled worker so I doubt any of the other visas are applicable. I do speak French which I thought might give some kind of advantage in Quebec but it doesnt seem to be the case.

Any advice much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Back then you were alowed to apply for a second time as it was a one year visa and you had to apply to get second year. Now it is just two years given out so you cannot apply for a second time. I am on my second one myself at the minute. I think because you didnt go on your first one year one that you would be allowed to apply again. Id say alot of the people saying you cant reapply are thinking that because of the way the rules are now that you cannot reapply but you never applied for a 2 year iec.

Advertisement