Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taps / change

• 16-08-2014 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

With water charges coming....... Is it a handy job to change standard sink taps (only installed last three years) to the ones you might see in a pub...what I mean is that you press them down and you get a short burst of water that turns itself off I a short space of time?'

I'm thinking of people brushing their teeth and leaving he tap water running...

Thks

PS ALSO have a triton t90 I sport I think it is .....love it ..but thinking is there a alternative that has reasonable power that might be more economical thks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

With water charges coming....... Is it a handy job to change standard sink taps (only installed last three years) to the ones you might see in a pub...what I mean is that you press them down and you get a short burst of water that turns itself off I a short space of time?'
    I'm thinking of people brushing their teeth and leaving he tap water running..

The taps you are thinking about are a good bit more expensive than the standard taps that you have.
    In a domestic situation I would think that you would be as well to get the lifetime of the taps you have and just have everyone aware of conserving water and turning taps off.
    PS ALSO have a triton t90 I sport I think it is .....love it ..but thinking is there a alternative that has reasonable power that might be more economical thks

T90 is a tank fed unit and has a built in pump to improve the pressure.
    If your mains pressure was adequate (must be properly tested) you could fit a Triton T80 or a Mira sport. Neither have a pump to run and both rely on the mains for their pressure.
    But if the shower you have is working fine, then the cost of changing the shower for anything else is not going to save you any money too quickly. Wait until it breaks completely to change it.

Advertisement