Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding accommodation?

Options
  • 16-08-2014 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi all,

So in the coming weeks I'll be moving to Cork for work. Was hoping to get a house share in the Douglas area but very little on daft. Is there a local paper I should be trying to get my hands on too?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

You could try the evening echo but not too sure if twud be of any help. There is a lack of decant rental places around at the moment.. Stay away from Choices whatever you do. Maybe it might be worth putting an ad on daft looking for a place or try douglas weekly

• Registered Users Posts: 17,030 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The Examiner is a national paper.
    The Evening Echo would be the local daily paper.
    Not sure how many rental ads there nowadays, though but if Daft not working for you, maybe worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

It's the same throughout the entire country. There's a severe lack of accommodation. I recently found it incredibly difficult to rent an apartment in Kilkenny......I eventually got one. Just keep an eye on daft, but religiously. They come up, but are taken down very quickly such is the demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

Try www.myhome.ie as well. More aimed at house sales but has a rental section.

Advertisement