Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer money from Northern Ireland to south

Options
  • 16-08-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Bank of Ireland in Northern Ireland have told me that they don't transfer money from a Northern bank account to an account in the South. Does anybody know how I can transfer money on a weekly basis to an account in the South? Thanks. ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Bank of Ireland are wrong.

Anyway, is it a GBP to EUR transaction? If so, I suggest you use an online currency broker such as Currency Fair. Transfer the GBP online to the online currency broker for onward transmission to your EUR account at a more favourable FX rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 sparky32

I use Banking 365 and there is no option for international transfer. So I went into the branch in Armagh and they told me there that I can't do it. I asked her was there any bank in Northern Ireland that would let me transfer money to an account in the South and she said no??? Do you know of any other websites I could try along with Currencyfair? Thanks ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

sparky32 wrote: »
    I use Banking 365 and there is no option for international transfer. So I went into the branch in Armagh and they told me there that I can't do it. I asked her was there any bank in Northern Ireland that would let me transfer money to an account in the South and she said no??? Do you know of any other websites I could try along with Currencyfair? Thanks ;-)

BOI dont do it online from gbp to eur, I thought Ulsterbank did but maybe Im thinking of something else.
    transfermate,transferwise are two others.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 gb1985

sparky32 wrote: »
    Bank of Ireland in Northern Ireland have told me that they don't transfer money from a Northern bank account to an account in the South. Does anybody know how I can transfer money on a weekly basis to an account in the South? Thanks. ;-)

Use transferwise.com/u/6c660

I use this often to make international transactions, it is quick and FX rates are better than banks and fees is minimal.

Advertisement