Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woman refused abortion - Mod Note in first post.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

RobertKK wrote: »
    Later in life, it will happy it was given the chance of life.

You have absolutely no way of knowing that is the case

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

You know Obama voted for unborn babies born alive from abortions to be given no treatment and to be left to die.
    That has nothing whatsoever to do with this story.

Phoebas wrote: »
    There is huge demand in Ireland for children to adopt so I doubt there will be a problem finding a home for the child.

He/she may need additional help from the HSE stemming from the early delivery, but I doubt anyone would begrudge the resources.

Adoption is not a magic wand. BTW there aren't people queuing up to adopt potentially very sick/disabled babies (we have no way of knowing how this baby will be). And even if this baby has no such issues why the **** did that poor woman have to suffer in such a barbaric way just so someone else can have a child

Raped
    Unable to travel
    Denied abortion
    Force fed
    Subjected to major surgery
    There is now a very early premmie in an nicu - I doubt the woman is a robot, I'm sure this is also a source of distress for her

Adoption is not a magic wand. BTW there aren't people queuing up to adopt potentially very sick/disabled babies (we have no way of knowing how this baby will be).
    I'm not suggesting that adoption is a magic wand, but from the child's perspective its probably the best available outcome (better than growing up in state care; better than not being born).
    And even if this baby has no such issues why the **** did that poor woman have to suffer just so someone else can have a child
    That's just claptrap. The reasons for denying an abortion isn't to feed an adoption mill and you know it.

Grand so, seems we have a line of willing adoptive parents here on this thread.
    That baby will be discharged from hospital in around 5 months' time.
    It will need round the clock care at home, so one of the adoptive parents needs to quit work and be on-call 24-7.

It will most likely have delayed development and probably need extra help from the same HSE that forced its birth.

In years to come, the child will want to know where it came from. I wouldn't relish telling that story.

Yes, prolifers care a lot about a foetus, once you're born it's someone else's problem.

Oh, and the mother. She's a life ahead of her coming to terms with the fact that she was raped, forced to gestate a baby she did not want, forced to give birth to it.
    She has to process the emotional reality that she didn't want that baby.

Have any of you ANY idea how that feels to a woman? To know you didn't want your child, and perhaps still don't want them? To live with that?

I'm horrified at this story.

That's all okay FS because it was "natural". Especially the part where she was raped and then suicidal and then cut open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We had pro-choice people in the state kill an unborn baby in the c case.

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/health/ccase-mum-i-grieve-for-my-lost-baby-every-day-29241584.html

She was raped.

She says the killing of her unborn was worse than the rape.

I'm not suggesting that adoption is a magic wand, but from the child's perspective its probably the best available outcome (better than growing up in state care; better than not being born).

That's just claptrap. The reasons for denying an abortion isn't to feed an adoption mill and you know it.

Sorry, an abortion mill? What's that then? And what reason did they have to deny it? You must have more information than the rest of us.

If an abortion took place at 8 weeks which is what is being reported, they wouldn't have known anything about being alive to have a preference either way

Later in life, it will happy it was given the chance of life.

And the mother? Or "vessel"?

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/health/ccase-mum-i-grieve-for-my-lost-baby-every-day-29241584.html

She was raped.

Sorry you're wrong there. Pro choice people did not kill the unborn baby. The woman chose to abort. Her experience of feeling it was worse than rape does not speak for every raped woman everywhere. BTW by what you're saying you'd think women love abortions. Nobody actually WANTS to be in that position

She was raped.

I know more than one woman utterly relieved she wasn't forced to bear a child. No regrets.

• Advertisement

Beartimes wrote: »
    She still has her life, unlike a child that is aborted.

And what kind of life does she have? Do you care?
    Do you understand anything about mental health?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

She still has her life, unlike a child that is aborted.

So as long as the mother is alive, anything done to her is justified, other consequences be damned?

And the mother? Or "vessel"?

Our bodies are vessels we all live in. The womb is the most precious place, given we all had to live in a womb for a part of our lives. It shouldn't be a place for intentional killing for no good reason.
    We have enough of it outside the womb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

She got what you wanted. Now she has no baby. Pregnancy terminated

I think that psychiatrists were in favour is there a bit more liberal but the obstetrician said he didn't want to do was as he was the one having to do the dirty job

I know more than one woman utterly relieved she wasn't forced to bear a child. No regrets.

How do you know no regrets, do you live in the mind of that person?

One can say no regrets and cover up how they really feel. Abortion is not something taken lightly.

I'd regard killing an unborn child to be morally the worst option therefore I believe it shouldn't be allowed.

Morally worse than forcing a raped, suicidal woman to wait until pregnancy was viable to subject her to major abdominal surgery? Worse than delivering a baby who should never had existed (because rape shouldn't happen) at a gestation that is sure to lead to health issues (mild if very lucky right up to disability/serious illness and death) ?

Righty o!

Sorry, an abortion mill? What's that then? And what reason did they have to deny it? You must have more information than the rest of us.
    I said an adoption mill, not an abortion mill.
    Where do you get the idea that this woman was refused an abortion 'just so someone else can have a child'?

If an abortion took place at 8 weeks which is what is being reported, they wouldn't have known anything about being alive to have a preference either way
    We don't know the full facts of what her reasons were for looking for the abortion when she first presented. But we can't expect doctors to ignore the legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Our bodies are vessels we all live in. The womb is the most precious place, given we all had to live in a womb for a part of our lives. It shouldn't be a place for intentional killing for no good reason.
    We have enough of it outside the womb.

This is ridiculous. Are you opposed to hysterectomy too, as it removes a "precious place" from a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

To be honest, given the well documented health issues associated with being born so prematurely I'm not too sure if that's the case. It's an expensive gamble with the price of a loss being the child living a miserable life.

Abortion isn't taken lightly!!! Seriously do people think women see abortion on a par to a manicure or something... I don't see any evidence it is taken lightly

• Advertisement

Morally worse than forcing a raped, suicidal woman to wait until pregnancy was viable to subject her to major abdominal surgery? Worse than delivering a baby who should never had existed (because rape shouldn't happen) at a gestation that is sure to lead to health issues (mild if very lucky right up to disability/serious illness and death) ?

Righty o!

According to the C case woman it is, she says killing her unborn baby was worse than her rape.

According to the C case woman it is, she says killing her unborn baby was worse than her rape.

What about Caitlin Moran who says her abortion was less difficult than picking new worktops for her kitchen? Is her view as valid as the Women Hurt brigade?

I said an adoption mill, not an abortion mill.
    Where do you get the idea that this woman was refused an abortion 'just so someone else can have a child'?
    It was being quoted here as a solution rather than abortion... That there were such a long list of people queuing up to adopt.
    We don't know the full facts of what her reasons were for looking for the abortion when she first presented. But we can't expect doctors to ignore the legislation.

We do know. She was raped. Should be reason enough

lazygal wrote: »
    This is ridiculous. Are you opposed to hysterectomy too, as it removes a "precious place" from a woman?

A real health problem is different to a healthy womb in terms of a precious place for an unborn life.

You lived in a womb, I lived in a womb, it was our home for several months, when we lived there it was home sweet home and a precious place where we lived in peace, given no one tried to kill us.

That's the opinion of one woman. Do we legislate based on that size sample now?

A real health problem is different to a healthy womb in terms of a precious place for an unborn life.

You lived in a womb, I lived in a womb, it was our home for several months, when we lived there it was home sweet home and a precious place where we lived in peace, given no one tried to kill us.

You make it sound as though the place where I gestated my fetuses is totally separate from me. A womb can kill you while you're pregnant.

lazygal wrote: »
    What about Caitlin Moran who says her abortion was less difficult than picking new worktops for her kitchen? Is her view as valid as the Women Hurt brigade?

We see in this world on the news everyday how some people treat life as expendable.
    There are people who see her current life as being how she viewed her abortion, luckily she is not in areas of the world controlled by Islamic State.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭LiveIsLife

bluewolf wrote: »
    That's all okay FS because it was "natural". Especially the part where she was raped and then suicidal and then cut open.

Is being raped, suicidal and then having a foetus developed enough to survive outside the womb killed much better? Given the woman was suicidal, do we know she was thinking clearly? What if the rapist was forcing her to have an abortion?

P_1 wrote: »
    To be honest, given the well documented health issues associated with being born so prematurely I'm not too sure if that's the case. It's an expensive gamble with the price of a loss being the child living a miserable life.
    Its a gamble aright but with only bad cards to play - the choices were to perform an abortion or to perform a c-section i.e. no chance of saving the life or some change of saving the life.

Obviously there was a third option - physically forcing the woman to go to term - but I don't think anyone would favour that. Or they could have shown her the door of the hospital. Again, nobody would favour that.

• Advertisement

What about a "healthy" womb and ovaries which lead to a woman suffering severe mental health problems? Reproductive depression, ovarian hormones, PMDD, there's plenty of research and papers written about it. Look it up.

Should a woman with no children, but functioning reproductive organs, be forced to hold on to them in case she might breed some day?

Advertisement