Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woman refused abortion - Mod Note in first post.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

PucaMama wrote: »
    So even though she had the option of a section she still wanted the baby killed. Disgusting.

You don't find cutting the foetus she didn't want out of her disgusting? That's some selective disgust you have there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Selips wrote: »
    Ridiculous comment.
    I'm not pro-life, but that is such a ridiculous argument.

Is it?

We get lots of people declaring how precious the childs life is before it's born but it seems like these people stop giving a **** when it is born. It's hypocrisy plain and simple. The consequences of bringing an unwanted child into the world aren't ever given much consideration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

I assume when someone on facebook put up a picture of a scan or refer to their unborn child or say they're "with child" or whatever you call them a militant pro-lifer and that it's just a bundle of cells.

Some idiots even speak to the bunch of cells and love it and give it s name. Mine was Mario Kempes. Seems now I was just being emotional.

Is it?

We get lots of people declaring how precious the childs life is before it's born but it seems like these people stop giving a **** when it is born. It's hypocrisy plain and simple. The consequences of bringing an unwanted child into the world aren't ever given much consideration.
    Who said they don't give s ****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    Some idiots even speak to the bunch of cells and love it and give it s name. Mine was Mario Kempes. Seems now I was just being emotional.
    It was your bunch of cells and your right to bring it to term and give birth to it. You shouldn't be able to force this girl to give birth to hers if she doesn't want it. I don't care if you call it a baby and give it a name - the mother should have the right to terminate it. You'll never agree with me of course...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭daviecronin

It's just hard for me or understand why people want abortion?... It's bloody murder

Do you think we should all adhere to your beliefs? Are you "god"?

Ugh, grow up, it was just a clump of cells. Like the mole on my neck.

It was your bunch of cells and your right to bring it to term and give birth to it. You shouldn't be able to force this girl to give birth to hers if she doesn't want it. I don't care if you call it a baby and give it a name - the mother should have the right to terminate it. You'll never agree with me of course...

The baby or its other parent have no rights?

It's just hard for me or understand why people want abortion?... It's bloody murder

If it's too hard for you to understand, why are you commenting?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/news/pregnant-woman-refused-abortion-gives-birth-by-caesarean-30512038.html

The psyches decided there was no real threat of suicide so no abortion.
    She's offered a C Section. Not good enough. Baby must die or ill kill both of us. Goes on hunger strike (,according to radio). Eventually relents and surgeon has to lift what appears to be a perfectly healthy baby out of its safe home . I don't understand. Can someone explain how this is progress please

So cut her belly open against her will??:(

I will maybe leave this thread ....sat morning and all whelans last night then early wee hrs on boards....can see this thread will be here for a few days yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I assume when someone on facebook put up a picture of a scan or refer to their unborn child or say they're "with child" or whatever you call them a militant pro-lifer and that it's just a bundle of cells.

Nope, because it's wanted, and will eventually be a child, because it'll be carried to term, all things going to plan. Aside from that, I don't bother looking at scan pictures on Facebook, because they bore me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Yea, she should've gone in her first then shouldn't she.
    If we lived in a civilized country then maybe she could.
    However, the review of her mental state probably took the two trimesters in this hole of a country.
    xzanti wrote: »
    It's a fetus until 23/24 weeks, at which point it becomes viable and compatible with life outside the womb (with help)

AFAIK!!!

It is still a foetus until the cord is cut. Doesn't matter between a viable foetus and an nonviable foetus - they are both still a foetus.

The mother was able to make choices to put herself in that position so I 'd say the right of the unborn child/foetus supercedes the mothers right to end the life of the unborn child/foetus. The unborn/foetus had no way of preventing such a situation, the mother did.

Oh, this argument. Unless you remain celibate, pregnancy is not 100% avoidable. 99% at best. Even if you're celibate, there's also the very small chance of being raped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Good for you, making decisions on what goes on in your own body, fair play to you. You don't get to rewrite medical terms though - no matter how much contempt you have for people who didn't do things your way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

It's not murder, the choice should be there to have one if you wish, but the support should also be there if you wish to keep the baby.

It's the choice of the parents/couple and I absolutely despise the way people try to make out that an abortion is an easy thing to go through. Some people think of an unborn baby as their child, others think of it as nothing but a foetus, and that's obviously going to effect how they feel about abortion. Of course people are going to come back to me and say that any unborn baby isn't a child, but I can completely understand why some people think the opposite. F*ck the medical terms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Calibos wrote: »
    Lifelong atheist here who is not totally anti abortion but I am not Pro Choice either. Theres a lot of things in life we are not allowed a Choice on for very good reasons. There a lot of things in life that we are forced to take responsibility for to a point.

In many other countries that baby would have had its spine cut at the neck with shears to complete the 'abortion'

People are overly emotive about it rather than religious about it imo. Atheists as well as Deists. I think there should be abortion on demand and it should be every woman's choice whether or not to carry a pregnancy full term and have the child.

As it is if this woman didn't want the child and felt that being forced to have it put her life at risk due to the impact it would have I don't see anything shocking or disgusting in her wanting an abortion.

What's shocking and disgusting is the slow progress of this country in dealing with these issues. How long did it take to get this current legislation ? And even that was only allowed to be done in the narrow view of a select group of people that abortion itself is inherently wrong so it can only be done in extreme circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Glad to see plenty of people here still see woman as objects to just be used to make new people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

If we lived in a civilized country.....

You need to travel a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,769 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Glad to see plenty of people here still see woman as objects to just be used to make new people.

Quotes please?

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    You need to travel a bit more.
    Really?
    I feel that isn't really relevant to the matter at hand.
    And they are still human lifeforms capable of emotions, pain and suffering, irrelevant what letters you want to attach to it.

Ah the good old pro-life emotional BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

The baby was perfectly healthy where it was. Taking it out of that environment at that stage of its life was life-threatening. Whats confusing about that?

Well we don't know whether it was or it wasn't healthy. We also don't know the mother's reasons for wanting to have an abortion. All we do know is that she was willing to starve herself with the obvious conclusion that both she and the baby would die, so it was far from safe and healthy where it was. Much less regard was given to the mother's health and safety where she was either. Self-imposed starvation is not typically healthy, nor is being forced to give birth against her will particularly safe.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Quotes please?

Pretty clear, when women are not allowed to choose to end a pregnancy.

Ugh, grow up, it was just a clump of cells. Like the mole on my neck.

Is the mole on your neck eating her breakfast in the kitchen? Is that your reaction to news of any impending births? Are you a parent yourself ? Uncle or Aunt?
    You must spend a lot of time cringing and writhing in discomfort and biting your tongue when friends family or colleagues are excited about their pregnancy . Or do they know about your "Ugh" problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

If you don't want a baby, don't get ****ing pregnant. It's not like there is a shortage of cheap & effective contraception methods.
    Granted, pregnancy can still happen in that 0.1% of cases and that sucks, but it's not a reason to end a (potential) life.

In cases of rape, I'm honestly undecided. There's no 'right' decision in that horrible case.

So.... It's not okay to 'kill a baby,' but it's perfectly fine to forcibly inject anasthetic into a woman, mutilate her body by cutting her open, and leave her scarred for life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Okay... so they decided she wasn't a threat to herself or the baby, but forced a pretty early C section on her to ensure she couldn't harm the baby herself? I don't see how the two of those things add up at all! How on earth could they be so certain that she's not suicidal that something as unbelievably invasive as that is allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The baby or its other parent have no rights?
    I'm male but I believe that the mother of the child should have the right to decide whether it should be carried to term.

Is the mole on your neck eating her breakfast in the kitchen? Is that your reaction to news of any impending births? Are you a parent yourself ? Uncle or Aunt?
    You must spend a lot of time cringing and writhing in discomfort and biting your tongue when friends family or colleagues are excited about their pregnancy . Or do they know about your "Ugh" problem?

Does a fetus eat breakfast in the kitchen? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Women lose babies through miscarriage and get rid of foetuses through abortions.

Advertisement