Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

woman refused abortion - Mod Note in first post.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

In the very first post in this thread, it's stated that the psyches deemed that she was not suicidal.

The very first post was incorrect

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Larry Wildman

Can you not actually read?

What are you talking about?

The expert panel adjudged that there was no threat of suicide.

Can you not read?!

Read the article!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

What are you talking about?

The expert panel adjudged that there was no threat of suicide.

Can you not read?!

See link here

"The psychiatrists on the panel determined her life was at risk as she had suicidal thoughts."

There are multiple other articles stating the same thing. Next time read before you post

Which part of this extract from the article do you guys not understand?

"The panel of experts determined the life of the mother and the child was not at risk from suicide"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

"The panel of experts determined the life of the mother and the child was not at risk from suicide"

Seriously? Even the independent have clarified that statement themselves! Read the article I linked above which is the more recent

See link here

"The psychiatrists on the panel determined her life was at risk as she had suicidal thoughts."

There are multiple other articles stating the same thing. Next time read before you post

See the post above.

Your ultra liberalism might be making you see what you want to see...

• Moderators Posts: 51,799 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

And other sources, including the Irish Times, have reports that she was.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

People don't have the right to what's best for them, in that case the government would owe me billions.

Huh :confused:

• Moderators Posts: 51,799 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Aineoil wrote: »
    Huh :confused:

Air's thin up those mountains :P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

See the post above.

Your ultra liberalism might be making you see what you want to see...

How blind we've all been to that one article in a paper which has since said:

"Earlier this summer, the woman sought an abortion under Section 9 of the Protection of Life During Pregnancy Act, 2013 as she claimed to be suicidal. Her case was assessed by a panel of three experts, as set out under the legislation passed last summer. The panel was made up a consultant obstetrician and two psychiatrists.

The psychiatrists on the panel determined her life was at risk as she had suicidal thoughts."

Blind, ultra liberal fools! Foolish insistence on staying up to date with case! Damn our eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

It does not say that.

Read the article!!!

The article has subsequently been updated.

SW wrote: »
    Air's thin up those mountains :P

It must be because I don't understand what you are talking about. This is not After Hours. The topic we are discussing here is a very serious one with many implications.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭Kiwi in IE

Really? How on earth did they manage to get a court order to forcibly hydrate someone who wasn't suicidal?

Watch out girls if you are, or are thinking of getting pregnant. If you are suffering from morning sickness and your food and fluid intake is considered suboptimal for the fetus, you may find yourself forcibly fed/hydrated against your will. You are only an incubator after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Read the article!!!

I did, it's wrong

Kiwi in IE wrote: »
    Really? How on earth did they manage to get a court order to forcibly hydrate someone who wasn't suicidal?

Watch out girls if you are, or are thinking of getting pregnant. If you are suffering from morning sickness and your food and fluid intake is considered suboptimal for the fetus, you may find yourself forcibly fed/hydrated against your will. You are only an incubator after all.

'Forcible Hydrator'. Yet another job created by the Telling Women What To Do Industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The foetus is good
    The foetus is great
    Its Incubator surrenders its will, as of this date

A young woman has been legally forced to give birth by caesarean section after being denied an abortion in Ireland, in a case experts say exposes flaws in recent reform meant to allow limited terminations.
    The woman, who is an immigrant and cannot be named for legal reasons, was refused an abortion even though at eight weeks she demanded a termination, claiming she was suicidal.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/17/ireland-woman-forced-birth-denied-abortion

This really needs the clear timeline released into the public domain. If the case is as outlined above, there should be a public inquiry, with consequences for those found to have caused the delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Aineoil wrote: »
    It must be because I don't understand what you are talking about. This is not After Hours. The topic we are discussing here is a very serious one with many implications.

Erm

You might want to check that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Nodin wrote: »
    'Forcible Hydrator'. Yet another job created by the Telling Women What To Do Industry.

Will.see it on jobsbridge in the next 6 months.

Wow.

I am a mother. I became pregnant in March/April 2013, gave birth in January 2014.

It was an unplanned pregnancy, but I wouldn't describe it as an unwanted pregnancy. Although it wasn't planned, the baby was born into a very loving relationship, and was very much loved from the start.

But I can categorically state that, while the pregnancy itself was quite happy and smooth, the birth itself has had major consequences for my mental health. And I had no prior issues whatsoever. And I didn't even have anything as traumatic as a C Section or a dangerously premature birth.

I didn't "make" it a "disaster". The fact that the medical services in this country failed me badly is no fault of my own.

I honestly can't believe that you're implying that a woman who was violently raped and ended up pregnant, begged for an abortion, was forced to carry the baby to - no, not term - to viability weeks, and then was injected with all kinds of shít to keep the baby alive, was force-fed against her will, was given major abdominal surgery all against her will ... you're saying you think this is OK?

You're f*cked up.

I was married and wanted a baby so badly. It didn't happen straight away. We were 9 years married when our son arrived. By the way I adore my husband.

The delivery was a nightmare.....he was a big baby- 10lbs 9ozs.....and I am not quite 5 foot tall and and before the birth I weighed around 7 and a half stone and I'm very tiny.

Basically small woman giving birth to a big baby.

My mental health after such an experience was not good. So much so I decided not to have any more children.

My point is that child birth is a very profound experience for a woman because of the pain...My husband found the experience profound too because I was in pain. I chose not to repeat that experience.

I gave birth to my son because I love my husband so much. If I had to give birth after a rape......I couldn't have done that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

bluewolf wrote: »
    Asking them to use a condom at least, apparently is enough to have a rape conviction thrown out in a court, too

It's like asking a crazed mugger to put on boxing gloves before he tries killing you for your phone.

I can well imagine how asking a rapist to use a condom could be something that ends up causing the case to be thrown out.. it'd probably be viewed as the victim consenting to having sex but with conditions attached. That's really fcuked up when you think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I wonder how often pro life people donate blood or bone marrow. Bone marrow is meant to be quite painful to extract but saving a life is worth it right? Or are they only pro life when it's not them that suffers.

At least that's done voluntarily

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I wonder how often pro life people donate blood or bone marrow. Bone marrow is meant to be quite painful to extract but saving a life is worth it right? Or are they only pro life when it's not them that suffers.

At least that's done voluntarily

I wonder how much help prolifers give the born. They're terrible concerned about the unborn, I wonder what campaigns they run for the born.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

lazygal wrote: »
    I wonder how much help prolifers give the born. They're terrible concerned about the unborn, I wonder what campaigns they run for the born.

Their job is done tbf! Its all Free will and God's will after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

The post was correct based on the information available at the time. The information was incorrect not the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    The post was correct based on the information available at the time. The information was incorrect not the post.

In other words then the post was incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

What kind of things would be required for the timeline to made public?

Assuming the reasons the times couldn't disclose them had to do with protecting the identity of the woman, wouldn't that make it pretty possible that it can't be made public?
    What other kind of reasons might it be kept private?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

lazygal wrote: »

They don't do much nowadays (apart from paying taxes), ever since they couldn't sell babies.

Advertisement