Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Dónal wrote: »
    10 points ahead of Da Deise, but he has Kaboul still to play.

I think you are safe enough :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lost to roryc this week. Relegation zone starts to bite my arse...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Unless Kompany gets 17 or more I'll beat Iago this week and keep up my overachieving in this league :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Looking pretty good for 2 relegation sixpointer wins in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Leeds the away needs more than 4 from Baines to take the 3 points.

Come on Spurs!

• Advertisement

Jaysus! :eek:

4 defeats in a row now.

31 points comfortably beating my lowest score to date of 39 in Gameweek 9.

Krul, Di Maria and Duff injured, Moore and Kaboul missing in action, Costa suspended.

* Shakes fist at gods of fantasy football *

I will have my vengeance...in this gameweek or in the next!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Science nerd currently leads me by 36 to 31. We both have Aguero so it's Chadli(or Wanyama) and Alderweireld for him against Milner(there's a punt that's gone wrong for me:o) and Lukaku for me. I reckon a goal for Lukaku could be the winning of it for me.

There's a very good chance roryc could be top of this league after tonight, I see he's changed his team name:)

I think I've nicked it by a single point, Milner had me sweating with that assist!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I think I've nicked it by a single point, Milner had me sweating with that assist!

As a Spurs fan I was hoping Chadli would come on and get booked, it would have gotten me a draw. I couldn't bring myself to hope that Lukaku would score each time Everton attacked. It's yours by a point alright, well done:o

As a Spurs fan I was hoping Chadli would come on and get booked, it would have gotten me a draw. I couldn't bring myself to hope that Lukaku would score each time Everton attacked. It's yours by a point alright, well done:o

What was that you said about looking down on the Commandos last week Swiper?

We'll now be leapfrogging your lads to 22 points :D

Lemlin wrote: »
    What was that you said about looking down on the Commandos last week Swiper?

We'll now be leapfrogging your lads to 22 points :D

Pity I didn't have a handy opponent like yourself this week, the three points would have been nice:D

Anyway this week I am more interested in overall rank, how are you getting on:P

• Advertisement

Pity I didn't have a handy opponent like yourself this week, the three points would have been nice:D

Anyway this week I am more interested in overall rank, how are you getting on:P

I'm a point ahead of you actually. You're on 711, I'm on 712.

Looks like you lose to me whatever way you look at it. :D

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm a point ahead of you actually. You're on 711, I'm on 712.

Looks like you lose to me whatever way you look at it. :D

Perfect, I reeled you in like a fish:P
    You might want to check those totals when they update:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It's funny the mental gymnastics this game will make you do :pac:

Badly needed that win, still way off safety though.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Perfect, I reeled you in like a fish:P
    You might want to check those totals when they update:D

12 ahead of me in GW14. Don't go creaming yourself.

As I always tell young upstarts like yourself, come back to me in GW38 when the table matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Your boys must be looking forward to playing against a top side, don't worry, we have plenty of strength and depth in the squad.

My good run had to end sometime, taken down by Zarquon 33-24 so far and no coming back. Think it was 5 on the trot till that.

Top score this week for me. Your bubble has burst like southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Southampton are my comparison this season all right, but I think even half fit we can handle your Burnley lads...

Still 17th, but have that safety barrier in that I can lose this week and almost certainly stay out of the bottom 3. Level on amount of points with 11th place but have the lowest points score of that and crazily enough I'm only 9 points from the top.

Super tight throughout the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

5 defeats on the bounce for me has put me down to 16th. If I had any fans they probably would be calling for my head but luckily for me I don't and I can carry on destroying my team :)

Dearg81 wrote: »
    5 defeats on the bounce for me has put me down to 16th. If I had any fans they probably would be calling for my head but luckily for me I don't and I can carry on destroying my team :)

As CSF mentioned there are a load of us on 18 pts 11th to 17th. Close to 50 pts needed to avoid the dreaded drop I reckon.

Up against Daithijjj for the midweek game. We're both on exactly the same points at 719 so will be a close game.

The Commandos have ground out a result in the last two games so hopefully they will again.

• Advertisement

A lot at stake in this week's match up. FHFC vs Iused2playforBray

15 years of hurt. I don't need to give a team talk for this one. The weight of history is on our shoulders.

15 years of hurt. I don't need to give a team talk for this one. The weight of history is on our shoulders.
    Ah wow, I did not twig that!!!

CSF wrote: »
    Ah wow, I did not twig that!!!

Beat yous in the semi that year too didn't he! :)

Beat yous in the semi that year too didn't he! :)
    How old do you think I am ;)

How old do you think I am ;)

Old enough to remember a certain combative midfielder, so yeah, pretty old! :D

Old enough to remember a certain combative midfielder, so yeah, pretty old! :D
    It is actually his more recent Monaghan days I know him from. I'm pretty sure I didn't know what LOI was in the 98/99 season. First game in the summer of 2000, and not for a while after that still!!

Ddg
    Terry wisdom Naylor
    Fab Haz siggy sanchez
    Ings Aguero austin
    These boys are ready for it and know if they can survive the first 20 minutes it will be a handy 3 pts.

Ddg
    Terry wisdom Naylor
    Fab Haz siggy sanchez
    Ings Aguero austin
    These boys are ready for it and know if they can survive the first 20 minutes it will be a handy 3 pts.

Caught my lads heading to the barbers to get their hair bleached blonde. Gave them some kick in their holes. ;)

Caught my lads heading to the barbers to get their hair bleached blonde. Gave them some kick in their holes. ;)

Ha ha go to bed will ya or even better take another points hit.

• Advertisement

Ddg
    Terry wisdom Naylor
    Fab Haz siggy sanchez
    Ings Aguero austin

Green
    Duff, Dummet, Chambers
    Sanchez, Hazard, Eriksen, Downing
    Aguero, Bony, Van Persie

Strangest thing about this is, that having had very similar teams and made some very similar moves for a while there, we now have extremely different teams. Only 3 common players is very very unusual in H2Hs in this league so far.

Somebody is gonna get an awful hammering I reckon, but impossible to call who it will be.

Except its you, definitely you.

I'm against Iago this week. I'll start with a 4 point hit. FHFC has now got me wondering how many LOI/ex LOI players there are in this FSA Premier League from looking at my opponent's name!!

And no I'm not the ex-Ireland keeper.

Green
    Duff, Dummet, Chambers
    Sanchez, Hazard, Eriksen, Downing
    Aguero, Bony, Van Persie

Strangest thing about this is, that having had very similar teams and made some very similar moves for a while there, we now have extremely different teams. Only 3 common players is very very unusual in H2Hs in this league so far.

Somebody is gonna get an awful hammering I reckon, but impossible to call who it will be.

Except its you, definitely you.

Ye there is now a huge difference in our teams. I think I have a stronger one this week I'd prefer my keeper defence and midfield but I'd prefer your attack.

Ye there is now a huge difference in our teams. I think I have a stronger one this week I'd prefer my keeper defence and midfield but I'd prefer your attack.

I'd fear Siggy. But happy enough with Downing.

You defence and keeper are strong.

We've a good few attackers facing defenders too! Eriksen v Terry. Ings v Dummet. Downing v Wisdom.

My opponent has gone from a 4 point hit to an 8 point hit very recently. I suspect Rooney disappointment after transferring him in. Just the 1 from me I'm happy to start with an 8 point advantage and bench Costa.

25 23 a 2 pt lead for me over FHFC we both have 5 left to play its my terry, fab, aguero Capt against his chambers eriksen aguero. Come on sergio do your stuff.
    Danny Ings outscores RVP Capt:pac:

• Advertisement

29 (-4) with Clyne, Sanchez, Fabregas and Aguero (c) to come

Boots on 16(-4) with Baines, Chambers, Sanchez, Fabregas, Kane and Aguero (c) to come

25 23 a 2 pt lead for me over FHFC we both have 5 left to play its my terry, fab, aguero Capt against his chambers eriksen aguero. Come on sergio do your stuff.
    Danny Ings outscores RVP Capt:pac:

RVP disaster. Well done.

Shoulda known better than to jinx the fùck outa things by referring to '99.

Nothing good ever came outa that fiasco, and nothing ever will.

RVP (c) is the 2014 equivalent of the dye blonde hair. Lost the plot. ;)

RVP disaster. Well done.

Shoulda known better than to jinx the fùck outa things by referring to '99.

Nothing good ever came outa that fiasco, and nothing ever will.

RVP (c) is the 2014 equivalent of the dye blonde hair. Lost the plot. ;)

I had 2 rvp disaster captaincys in gw 3 and 4. I was surprised you went with him captain when the team was announced it was a weak enough line up. Its not over yet an eriksen goal and its game on. Im not overly confident of aguero capt either.

I had 2 rvp disaster captaincys in gw 3 and 4. I was surprised you went with him captain when the team was announced it was a weak enough line up. Its not over yet an eriksen goal and its game on. Im not overly confident of aguero capt either.

It was a bit of a brain fart captaining him tbh. And I had something on 7-8pm so had no chance to change it back. Bad as it is re Boyd etc if I'd left my captain alone I'd be having a decent week.

It was a bit of a brain fart captaining him tbh. And I had something on 7-8pm so had no chance to change it back. Bad as it is re Boyd etc if I'd left my captain alone I'd be having a decent week.

I got very lucky changing wisdom to hutton late on.

• Advertisement

I got very lucky changing wisdom to hutton late on.

Saw that. I only played him cause Duff was out in fairness.

You guys should be penalised a 2 pts hit (and I'm nice :P could be 4) for admitting the fluke of your fortune :pac: :pac: :pac:.

I'm leading Leeds the Way (ronan.h) by 1 point when Boyd subs in for him. We have a few of the same players left and captain so it comes down to my Courtois, Fab and Sanchez v his Azpi and Ramsey so advantage me but not over yet.

irish son wrote: »
    I'm leading Leeds the Way (ronan.h) by 1 point when Boyd subs in for him. We have a few of the same players left and captain so it comes down to my Courtois, Fab and Sanchez v his Azpi and Ramsey so advantage me but not over yet.
    You're an extremely strong favourite in that situation.

You're an extremely strong favourite in that situation.

Yeah I know, I'd be very surprised if I lost from this position but it could happen.

Losing 20-11 to nevercaptaincleverly (whom I should take to court for abusive copyright infringement - I mean "never captain cleverly", who's deserving more this infamous title than myself :rolleyes: :pac: ?).

We have the 4 same players still to play + my Fabregas. So need a 10 pointer from him to finally get a win again. Can't see it happening though :(...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

iroced wrote: »
    Losing 20-11 to nevercaptaincleverly (whom I should take to court for abusive copyright infringement - I mean "never captain cleverly", who's deserving more this infamous title than myself :rolleyes: :pac: ?).

We have the 4 same players still to play + my Fabregas. So need a 10 pointer from him to finally get a win again. Can't see it happening though :(...

The irony this season is that I have been picking decent captains, it's just the rest of my team which is not so clever :(

Fab could easily get 10, one goal could be enough as he'll amost certainly get bonus if he scores.

The irony this season is that I have been picking decent captains, it's just the rest of my team which is not so clever :(

Fab could easily get 10, one goal could be enough as he'll amost certainly get bonus if he scores.

In theory yes. But he only scored twice 10 or more pts. So I'm not very confident. We'll see...

Sigh

Second week running Clyne costs me the match :(

The last minute booking last week and the last minute concession this week.

iroced wrote: »
    The irony this season is that I have been picking decent captains, it's just the rest of my team which is not so clever frown.png

In theory yes. But he only scored twice 10 or more pts. So I'm not very confident. We'll see...

Told you there was (almost) no chance.

You'd have won even without my -4 so credits to you (though I may not be a decent contender this year... at least not now... not yet... hopefully that'll change).

• Advertisement
Advertisement