Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    Just realised that with the other results I should actually move up 1 position in the rankings despite my loss. Every little helps (salvage a crap GW) :D...

The same happened me. I moved from 8th to 7th :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

just saw I've had 7 wins in a row here and you'd have to go back to week 9 to see me lose by more than one point:P

Of course I'm playing forum heavyweight and champion trash talker Lemlin in week 23 so I suppose I'll be brought down a peg that week at least;)

just saw I've had 7 wins in a row here and you'd have to go back to week 9 to see me lose by more than one point:P

Of course I'm playing forum heavyweight and champion trash talker Lemlin in week 23 so I suppose I'll be brought down a peg that week at least;)

I'd imagine you're saving your wildcard just for that game. Good to see the pressure is already weighing on you that much that you've been checking when the tie is!

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd imagine you're saving your wildcard just for that game. Good to see the pressure is already weighing on you that much that you've been checking when the tie is!

I've just had a revelation, that probably is the week I'll use the wildcard:p
    Perhaps I have a chance of the three points after all.;)

In all seriousness there's been a big shift in the last few weeks and I've been the beneficiary, most of the top teams have had losing records over Christmas and I can now legitimately begin to dream, a bit like Liverpool last year except Hutton and Wisdom are my Suarez and Sturridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

I'm not sure if we are still sledging our opponents or going to be polite again so
    in order to cover all bases I would like to put out the following delete-as-appropriate statement:

My opponent for Gameweek 21 is Thunderdog. In Gameweek 2 he had a (well deserved/jammy) 2 point win against me. I look forward to (reversing that result/getting sweet revenge) this week. Obviously I have (great/no) respect for my (illustrious/incompetent) opponent and his (deep technical/complete lack of) footballing knowledge. His team plays an (expansive/aimless) style of football that is popular with all the (informed/clueless) pundits and I have told the lads that I (would enjoy/wouldn't be caught dead) playing in a style similar to theirs. I look forward to a (closely fought/completely one sided) contest where (the better/ my) team wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I'm not sure if we are still sledging our opponents or going to be polite again so
    in order to cover all bases I would like to put out the following delete-as-appropriate statement:

My opponent for Gameweek 21 is Thunderdog. In Gameweek 2 he had a (well deserved/jammy) 2 point win against me. I look forward to (reversing that result/getting sweet revenge) this week. Obviously I have (great/no) respect for my (illustrious/incompetent) opponent and his (deep technical/complete lack of) footballing knowledge. His team plays an (expansive/aimless) style of football that is popular with all the (informed/clueless) pundits and I have told the lads that I (would enjoy/wouldn't be caught dead) playing in a style similar to theirs. I look forward to a (closely fought/completely one sided) contest where (the better/ my) team wins.

Sitting on the fence there I see ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Facing Gillespie this week. A game for playing the top or regressing into midtable territory.

Pretty similar teams and same captain.

It's down to my Hart vs his Heaton
    ..................... Naylor ..... Clyne
    ..................... Kane ....... Rooney
    and ............... Terry ....... Azpi

Don't feel too confident especially the Hart vs Heaton which could do big damage for me...

The bottlers(iago??) have wildcarded and doubled up on Villa defence today, I've left Hutton on my bench so I'm seriously hoping for a Leicester goal. He has Hazard captain and I have Costa, overall our teams are very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

It's all down to what Eriksen gets in my game against Lemlin at the moment. I am 5 points ahead and we have similar teams but Eriksen is the difference from the players that we have left!

• Advertisement

Boots234 wrote: »
    It's all down to what Eriksen gets in my game against Lemlin at the moment. I am 5 points ahead and we have similar teams but Eriksen is the difference from the players that we have left!

What about bonus points?

Lemlin, the Leeds United of our little league, sits on his easy chair with his pipe and slippers every evening listening to Glory days by Bruce Springsteen with a lump in his throat. Yesterdays man:(:pac:

Lemlin, the Leeds United of our little league, sits on his easy chair with his pipe and slippers every evening listening to Glory days by Bruce Springsteen with a lump in his throat. Yesterdays man:(:pac:

You must be Brendan Rodgers so. He showed last season that anyone can have one jammy year!

What about bonus points?

At the moment we'll both be getting points for Wisdom, Costa and Austin

You must be Brendan Rodgers so. He showed last season that anyone can have one jammy year!

That brought a wide smile to my little face I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

The bottlers(iago??) have wildcarded and doubled up on Villa defence today, I've left Hutton on my bench so I'm seriously hoping for a Leicester goal. He has Hazard captain and I have Costa, overall our teams are very different.

Drop that brown envelope around whenever suits :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Snuck to another win vs jeju. Anything from Eriksen there and I was beat. Close one, 2 pts I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I've managed to win against Harry Styles to put a 6 point gap between myself and the relegation zone at last. Relying on Swiper the Fox to pick up the victory for the win to actually move me up a place though.

Iago wrote: »
    Drop that brown envelope around whenever suits :)

This is far from over, you need 10 points from DiMaria for a draw.:(
    Bloody Harry Kane, if your gonna score at least make sure Spurs get something from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Zarquon has a 2 pt lead it's his ddg against my Jones and adm.

0-0 would do it for you tomorrow just about (assuming no yellows or bonus that is!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

thunderdog wrote: »
    0-0 would do it for you tomorrow just about (assuming no yellows or bonus that is!)

Assuming there are no save points!

Facing Gillespie this week. A game for playing the top or regressing into midtable territory.

Pretty similar teams and same captain.

It's down to my Hart vs his Heaton
    ..................... Naylor ..... Clyne
    ..................... Kane ....... Rooney
    and ............... Terry ....... Azpi

Don't feel too confident especially the Hart vs Heaton which could do big damage for me...

I'm leading 55-41. So need Rooney & Clyne not to score more than 13 pts altogether.

zarquon wrote: »
    Assuming there are no save points!

He is some man for the save pts only sold him this morning in wildcard.

Bloody Harry Kane, if your gonna score at least make sure Spurs get something from it.

We have the exact same overall pts total again. I'm going to knock you off your perch in this next week though ☺

Lost my tie this week by two points. Think that's now my fourth or fifth loss in a row. Need to nip it in the bud or I'll be dragged into a relegation battle.

Think I need a red card or an og or missed peno (!) for di maria to win my tie. Not looking likely.

Scratch that, didn't realise Idontknowwhatimdoing took an 8 point hit. A quiet game for di maria is needed for me.

Currently leading thunderdog 51 - 38 (or at least I will be when Guzan comes off the bench - shakes fist at Courtois )

We both have Sanchez so it is down to his Man U trio of Jones, ADM and Rooney staying quiet

Bloody hell lads, that's 8 in a row. I'll have this wrapped up by April fools day;)
    Mr busts is next up for the chopping block I believe.

Draw

I'm leading 55-41. So need Rooney & Clyne not to score more than 13 pts altogether.

Won it 74-68. I almost feel crap though... since the 6 pts diff comes from my Terry and his sneaky unexpected BP vs his Azpi injury 1 pointer. Not the way I like to win.

I guess that averages out some close defeats I previously got. I'm on a great run though (not as mindblowing as Swiper's one) but still 6 wins out of my last 7 games made me go from the relegation zone biting my arse to my hands almost touching the stars :D.

• Advertisement

Currently leading thunderdog 51 - 38 (or at least I will be when Guzan comes off the bench - shakes fist at Courtois )

We both have Sanchez so it is down to his Man U trio of Jones, ADM and Rooney staying quiet

Thank you Southampton :)

I think I jump four places with that win

Thank you Southampton :)

I think I jump four places with that win

Yeah my Man U trio were very underwhelming today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Bloody hell lads, that's 8 in a row. I'll have this wrapped up by April fools day;)
    Mr busts is next up for the chopping block I believe.

I believe I'll be up to second. Coming for you Gus, watch your back!

FHFC wrote: »
    I believe I'll be up to second. Coming for you Gus, watch your back!

I have this FHFC do your stuff this week and you will close the gap by 3 pts.

Up to eighth with two wins in a row, 12 points off the relegation spots.

Feckit lads ye're really spoiling my fun here, is nobody interested in this anymore:(
    busts is the latest to fall at my sword (unless foster scores at least 15 points on Monday):P

Feckit lads ye're really spoiling my fun here, is nobody interested in this anymore:(
    busts is the latest to fall at my sword (unless foster scores at least 15 points on Monday):P

Just logged on now wasnt expecting you to captain costa. My captain nightmare continues.

Just logged on now wasnt expecting you to captain costa. My captain nightmare continues.

Well a Spurs fan never expects anybody on his team to score on any given week so even though I got Kane in this week he wasn't ever getting the armband. I couldn't believe you didn't make a transfer, I thought you had two free but I assume you were actually coming out of a wildcard.

You seem to be getting a lot of your captain picks right. Maybe you should come to the captain threads more often to enlighten (all of) us :p...

• Advertisement

Well a Spurs fan never expects anybody on his team to score on any given week so even though I got Kane in this week he wasn't ever getting the armband. I couldn't believe you didn't make a transfer, I thought you had two free but I assume you were actually coming out of a wildcard.

TBH I was quite lucky as my transfer was going to be costa to aguero and make him captain but I decided to wait till after Chelsea game next week. I wasn't happy captaining Kane either but he was the best of a bad bunch for me this week the only other option I considered was ings.

I should finally end my losing streak this week. Not sure of the exact specifics but Nevercaptainckeverley needs about 20 points from Baines + Aguero to my Wisdom.

You seem to be getting a lot of your captain picks right. Maybe you should come to the captain threads more often to enlighten (all of) us :p...

Nah, actually on another thread yesterday I was showing one of the lowest scores out of anyone here for captain picks (244 before today). Last week I had Costa and it worked out over Hazard, this week he has trumped Kane so happy days.

Another win here I'd say unless Aguero outdoes Costa's exploits today.

CSF wrote: »
    Another win here I'd say unless Aguero outdoes Costa's exploits today.

35 points in it, fairly confident that you have it wrapped up!

35 points in it, fairly confident that you have it wrapped up!
    Would think so, but worth pointing out that Costa was 32 points today as captain alone.

• Advertisement

Another defeat.

10 points behind Gillespie Road with essentially the same four players left (my Foster v his Wisdom being the only difference)

Lowest score of the 20 teams in the league

That wildcard went well:o:rolleyes:

Looking like a defeat for me unless downing gets minus points

Looks like I'm gonna lose to bottom of the table WCer "Leeds the way"... unless Hart & Zab outscore Aguero by 4 pts. Just can't see it happening and am actually more terrified of all the harm Aguero could do me tomorrow :o...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Another defeat, this time to Erzgebirge Scrooge who had the foresight to play Jenkinson & Downing and Captain Andy Carroll this week.

Leaves me only 3 points off relegation, I need to get a shift on or it'll be a very uncomfortable end of season :(

Opponent needs 21 from Baines + whatever Wisdom scores.

I think the three points are safe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement