Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Less that 14 from Wisdom and day and I'm winning again too, unfortunately Busts is all talk vs the league leader.....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Less that 14 from Wisdom and day and I'm winning again too, unfortunately Busts is all talk vs the league leader.....

I won if you discount the captains ☺. Not having much luck in this league I've the 3rd highest overall score yet ill be 13th after this week.

I won if you discount the captains ☺. Not having much luck in this league I've the 3rd highest overall score yet ill be 13th after this week.

Your right up my tail in the Harps league now. 1st and 2nd.

Your right up my tail in the Harps league now. 1st and 2nd.

Ye we are both in a nice position can you imagine if we could pick a captain. Didn't make a transfer this week which cost me 5 pts as It would've been a West ham def however I now have 2 transfers to try and figure out a way of getting in Aguero and keeping costa.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    Looks like I'm gonna lose to bottom of the table WCer "Leeds the way"... unless Hart & Zab outscore Aguero by 4 pts. Just can't see it happening and am actually more terrified of all the harm Aguero could do me tomorrow :o...
    There is at least one good thing. Aguero epic fail :D.

For the rest a pathetic GW and a deserved defeat. Sterling on could have made this GW a little bit brighter...

Ah well, hopefully this defeat will kickstart ronan "remontada" :D. Only 4 wins away to safety. 2 wins in your last 3. This starts now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Up to 8th with my first win in weeks. Up against the one season wonders next.

I wonder would Swiper have the balls to back his own judgement and transfer Andros in and captain him!?

Lemlin wrote: »

I wonder would Swiper have the balls to back his own judgement and transfer Andros in and captain him!?

I vote for this.

It would be nice for minnows like the Commandos to be able to have a say in the destination of the league title too. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

I had my worst GW ranking of the season and I win a H2H match! It's been a strange H2H season for me... Though base on my overall points I can't complain too much about propping up the table!!
    Looks like I'm gonna lose to bottom of the table WCer "Leeds the way"... unless Hart & Zab outscore Aguero by 4 pts. Just can't see it happening and am actually more terrified of all the harm Aguero could do me tomorrow :o...

I vote for this.

It would be nice for minnows like the Commandos to be able to have a say in the destination of the league title too. :D

This is like the Carling Cup for the Commandos. I only send the youth team lads out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Ha ha, saw this yesterday but didn't have time to respond and I forgot about it.
    I'm a bit up the walls at the moment so won't be online much to ratchet up the banter unfortunately.
    One season wonder is a laugh, last year was my first full season, finished 11,000. The year before I started in week 3 and didn't even know what I was doing till about week 10, I had David DeGea captained for my first few weeks:p
    I may be older than you in real life terms but in FPL terms I'm young and hungry (shall we say Simeone) while you are clearly only ready for the knackers yard (Warnock??:pac:;))
    I'll be weak enough I'd say in truth. Unlikely to wildcard until the following week.

Believe me if I felt Andros would get a decent run in the team I'd have him in a heartbeat.

• Advertisement

Right. Another defeat :(... to the only one who listened to Busts :pac:... (that's my luck :rolleyes:).

Delicately poised in the Swiper/Lemlin grudge match.
    Both of us have big points coming in for a sanchez no show.
    I need for Aguero to stay quiet now and if he does I think i'll win handy enough.
    I have Ivan and he has Terry so a goal from either could also be huge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

9 behind csf pre bonus and looking like another defeat

My Bertrand v his Giroud (c) left

Edit : Hang on, Silva goal narrows the gap a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Right. Another defeat :(... to the only one who listened to Busts :pac:... (that's my luck :rolleyes:).

Busts was just copying me :pac: , i've had Walters for ages as 5th mid. Not over yet.

Delicately poised in the Swiper/Lemlin grudge match.
    Both of us have big points coming in for a sanchez no show.
    I need for Aguero to stay quiet now and if he does I think i'll win handy enough.
    I have Ivan and he has Terry so a goal from either could also be huge.

Unless Pelle can muster a hat trick from somewhere, you have it.

Unless Pelle can muster a hat trick from somewhere, you have it.

Assuming Sanchez doesn't play I make it I'm 10 ahead (9 if he does), you've Bertrand and Pelle to my Taylor. Not over by a longshot but I'm probably a warm favourite. Still it would probably only take a Pelle goal in a Soton clean sheet to change.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Busts was just copying me :pac: , i've had Walters for ages as 5th mid. Not over yet.

Well you're 2 pts ahead (and I think we'll get the same amount of bonii) with Clyne, Tadic, Cazorla, Giroud & Pellè (C) to my Bertrand, Giroud & Cazorla (C). I need a stinker from Pellè & a blinder from Cazorla. Considering who they're respectively facing I think you have it. Of course anything can happen (Walters proved it today) but I don't believe it will. And that'll follow my habit of underperforming post WC :rolleyes: :pac:...

9 behind csf pre bonus and looking like another defeat

My Bertrand v his Giroud (c) left

Edit : Hang on, Silva goal narrows the gap a bit

67 all now, but still advantage csf I would think

Bertrand :eek:

• Advertisement

That's ten in a row:eek: now for Evil Gus and his motley crew of misfits.

Having lost to the Commandos earlier on this season this one was one of my favourites:P

That's ten in a row:eek: now for Evil Gus and his motley crew of misfits.

Having lost to the Commandos earlier on this season this one was one of my favourites:P

What was the aggregate score of our two games? ;)

What was the aggregate score of our two games? ;)

Grasping at straws there buddy:pac:
    I could ask what's the aggregate of all 23 weeks so far?:P

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Seem to have nicked a win against Gillespie Road, couple of other teams down the bottom have picked up wins as well so I'm still way off safety.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Grasping at straws there buddy:pac:
    I could ask what's the aggregate of all 23 weeks so far?:P

Not really. Our two ties for the season are over. Aggregate score therefore is finalised.

The 38 GW season is not.

well beaten this week 87 61. Im down to 16th now and only 6 pts clear from the drop zone:eek:. I mustnt be getting any luck with my fixtures as Ive the 3rd highest overall score.

• Advertisement

well beaten this week 87 61. Im down to 16th now and only 6 pts clear from the drop zone:eek:. I mustnt be getting any luck with my fixtures as Ive the 3rd highest overall score.

H2H is crazy sometimes, I spotted a few weeks ago that the guy who was first in the world overall was third in one of his H2h leagues with his buddies, the guy in first was over 200 points behind him.

Who is game of throw ins again? my newest rival. He's changed that name since the season started.

H2H is crazy sometimes, I spotted a few weeks ago that the guy who was first in the world overall was third in one of his H2h leagues with his buddies, the guy in first was over 200 points behind him.

Who is game of throw ins again? my newest rival. He's changed that name since the season started.

zarquon. Id hate to get relegated from this it could be very hard to get promoted back up. Not that your worried about that.

zarquon. Id hate to get relegated from this it could be very hard to get promoted back up. Not that your worried about that.

No, I'm certainly not in that relegation dogfight anyway.
    I'm not ashamed to say that I would absolutely love to win this league, I still think my weak team value will be my undoing though in the latter stages.
    With 15 matches to go I could probably win the league if I was to win 8.

Well you're 2 pts ahead (and I think we'll get the same amount of bonii) with Clyne, Tadic, Cazorla, Giroud & Pellè (C) to my Bertrand, Giroud & Cazorla (C). I need a stinker from Pellè & a blinder from Cazorla. Considering who they're respectively facing I think you have it. Of course anything can happen (Walters proved it today) but I don't believe it will. And that'll follow my habit of underperforming post WC :rolleyes: :pac:...

:eek:! Well... Couldn't have gone better for me. Though Berty red could have changed it all. Have to be thankful for that injury time assist from Saint Santi :D.

As I said in the matchday thread WC eventually went great but not happy with my defence.

7 wins in my 9 last games. Must be one of the best series after Swiper unreal run:) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

:eek:! Well... Couldn't have gone better for me. Though Berty red could have changed it all. Have to be thankful for that injury time assist from Saint Santi :D.

As I said in the matchday thread WC eventually went great but not happy with my defence.

7 wins in my 9 last games. Must be one of the best series after Swiper unreal run:) .

Yea, today couldnt have gone any worse for me in this league anyway :pac:. 37k GW rank and lost. Thems the breaks in this i suppose. Went from 16k to 8.8k, Jan wildcard was good for me last year, went from 50k to 114th by the end so more of the same required.

Hard to believe i got 35 from 5 today while leading overnight and lost the tie with one of your 3 players getting a red :pac:

No lottery ticket for daithijj this week, no point :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

8 wins and 2 draws in my last 10 :)

daithijjj wrote: »
    Hard to believe i got 35 from 5 today while leading overnight and lost the tie with one of your 3 players getting a red :pac:

This bit sums it all. Someday it's just not your day. And vice versa :p.

zarquon wrote: »
    8 wins and 2 draws in my last 10 :)

Are you putting the pressure on me :pac:?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

11th in the league now, with the 11th highest points score also. Starting to relieve those relegation nerves bit by bit. A win against Dónal next week would fire me into the top half at last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

beaten by 1 point..this game sometimes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

We have the 3rd and 4th highest scores in the league yet we are down in 14th and 16th! Playing the league leader at the weekend who has yet to wildcard so looks like another loss, getting no luck with these fixtures!

Boots234 wrote: »
    We have the 3rd and 4th highest scores in the league yet we are down in 14th and 16th! Playing the league leader at the weekend who has yet to wildcard so looks like another loss, getting no luck with these fixtures!

I have a wildcard:eek:
    Thanks for reminding me of that boots (Swiper and Boots the rematch:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

I have a wildcard:eek:
    Thanks for reminding me of that boots (Swiper and Boots the rematch:p)

I shouldn't have said anything! You hammered me earlier on in the season and I'm afraid of a repeat this weekend!

Boots234 wrote: »
    Playing the league leader at the weekend who has yet to wildcard so looks like another loss, getting no luck with these fixtures!

Just about that. Playing irish son this week which will be my 3rd WCer in a row (played mine last GW). 1 loss, 1 win so far :cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Jeju

My Erzgebirge Scrooge up against Cavan Commandos this week, I may as well wrap up the points and drive them up to Cavan myself

Unless I'm mistaken I think I need two points from Krul in this match to win, one for a draw, any less and obviously I'll lose.:P

• Advertisement

I've won again lads, 11 in a row now!

And as far as I can see 2nd(Zarquon) 3rd(FHFC) and 4th(roryc) have all lost:eek::p

Another defeat this week and sinking towards the relegation zone.

Dann going off injured at half time costs me a clean sheet and victory.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Beat Leeds the Way in the bottom of the table 6 pointer to give me 2 wins in a row.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Top half of the table at last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

And as far as I can see 2nd(Zarquon) 3rd(FHFC) and 4th(roryc) have all lost:eek::p

10 point gap for you so. I'd say you have this in the bag now barring an aweful capitulation in the run-in to the season.

a narrow win over rory c brings me up 3 places to 13th.

But 5th iroced won devil_smiley_005.gif !!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

Beat Leeds the Way in the bottom of the table 6 pointer to give me 2 wins in a row.

3rd highest score in the league and I lose again - this was a vital match but alas I feel my season in top flight is over! Going to look for my vote of confidence in the morning 😢

• Advertisement

Top of the table clash this coming gameweek, Swiper v Game of Throw ins. (Zarquon)

I'd probably prefer your team for this week.

Advertisement