Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Premier League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sledging ehh, that's what I like to see:cool:

I'm playing that garlic muncher iroced this week, payback time for Thierry Henry. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.......... and your team is shít

Tis what this thread should be about.

Enough of the nicey nicey "oooohh, if you get a clean sheet from Clyne you'll win, fair play to ya" shyte.

Jackboots time baby! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Sledging ehh, that's what I like to see:cool:

I'm playing that garlic muncher iroced this week, payback time for Thierry Henry. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.......... and your team is shít

You don't frighten me, Irish pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, son of a silly person! I blow my nose at you S-w-w-w-w-w-w-iper t-t-t-t-t-the f-f-f-f-f-fox.

I see you've made no transfers while I've taken a 4 pts hit. What is it? You play safe now? Ah OK... you don't have the nerves for a hit, do ya? So you've a 4 pts lead and you're already pissing your pants. Oh how I can understand that ! Hmm... Irish 4 pts lead over French rings such a nice kicky bell to me :D.

Remember?

Yeah, I even have the cheek to make you endure the BBC comments :pac:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Tis what this thread should be about.

Enough of the nicey nicey "oooohh, if you get a clean sheet from Clyne you'll win, fair play to ya" shyte.

Jackboots time baby! :D:D

Don't know what you're getting excited about, you'll probably prematurely ejaculate like poor Jim in American Pie.

You'll be getting your arse handed to ya this weekend,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

This thread has turned into a slanging battle royal haha love it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Good comeback from iroced, easy to be tough on Thursday night. If history has taught me anything it's that the cheese eating surrender monkey will have the white flag raised at around 4.15 on Saturday afternoon begging me to go easy on his boys and offering intelligence on Lemlin and FHFC.:p

Lemlin wrote: »
    Don't know what you're getting excited about, you'll probably prematurely ejaculate like poor Jim in American Pie.

You'll be getting your arse handed to ya this weekend,

At least I can still get it up old man......

Will try to let you keep some dignity this weekend out of respect for your history and all. But history always was a bit of a boring subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Up against Zarquon next.

In the spirit of the thread I will just say :

Do you sass that hoopy Zarquon? What the zarking fardwarks does he know about football? There's a frood who doesn't know where his towel is!

(Which most people won't understand but someone with a username like Zarquon should get)

At least I can still get it up old man......

Will try to let you keep some dignity this weekend out of respect for your history and all. But history always was a bit of a boring subject.

Who you calling old? At 30 I'm well below the peak forum age of 37!

Like I said, winning this cup is you and your lads FA Cup Final - remember that week we beat the Commandos....

We've our sights on bigger targets than the Shrewsbury Town of FSA!

Good comeback from iroced, easy to be tough on Thursday night. If history has taught me anything it's that the cheese eating surrender monkey will have the white flag raised at around 4.15 on Saturday afternoon begging me to go easy on his boys and offering intelligence on Lemlin and FHFC.:p

I never got why the cheese eating was supposed to be abusive in that expression (*), especially from a country which uses to eat plastic cheese in their (fake) hamburgers :rolleyes: :pac:...

I see you're expecting my capitulation on Saturday... This manoeuvre must really show your lack of confidence in your team considering we'll only be 60% into the GW :pac:.

---

(*) About history and this expression. The origin of this expression is based on a selective memory lie (nothing surprising knowing where it came from) which shall fill their authors with shame. A case of the mote and the beam really, which is beyond ironical considering their national motto.
    Now just to be perfectly clear and understood, I don't want to turn this banter into politics and I know it is used as a joke here but it could be a very sensitive subject in France (especially nowadays, unfortunately) and not only you'd be sent to court for saying that in France but as I said it's based on "dangerous" deliberately selective info.

• Advertisement

Who you calling old? At 30 I'm well below the peak forum age of 37!

Like I said, winning this cup is you and your lads FA Cup Final - remember that week we beat the Commandos....

We've our sights on bigger targets than the Shrewsbury Town of FSA!

Never mind the real world here. I'm talking your FPL age, you were the one who compared yourself to Fergie. Great record of success, once, but of a different generation, a relic.

You're kinda like a Nokia 6210. Great phone in its day, but of a different era, and you can't buy them any more. I might be 7 years older in human years but Friends in Loew Places are the Samsung S4, new, fresh, cutting edge.

This could go on forever! Roll on the weekend...... :)

No offence meant iroced. I don't know anything else about you and I thought that inaccurate national stereotype was appropriate to the spirit of the thread.
    I'll also be taking a 4 point hit.

Never mind the real world here. I'm talking your FPL age, you were the one who compared yourself to Fergie. Great record of success, once, but of a different generation, a relic.

You're kinda like a Nokia 6210. Great phone in its day, but of a different era, and you can't buy them any more. I might be 7 years older in human years but Friends in Loew Places are the Samsung S4, new, fresh, cutting edge.

This could go on forever! Roll on the weekend...... :)

Ferguson was successful to the end. He left a rancid festering mess in his wake but you can't have everything!

I quite like the Commandos being compared to a good old fashioned brick tough Nolia. We're built to last and can take a knock or too.

Your expensive little Samsung is easily smashed. It's a bit flash but has fook all under its bonnet.

No offence meant iroced. I don't know anything else about you and I thought that inaccurate national stereotype was appropriate to the spirit of the thread.
    I'll also be taking a 4 point hit.
    No offence taken at all Swiper. ...And it was indeed appropriate you Guinness-blooded gingerman :pac:.

---

I just wanted to say that, although I know the irony behind it from The Simpsons show, some people (even public figures) in US didn't/don't mean it as a joke and outside what anybody can think of it/them, it's just a sign of plain ignorance of their own history (e.g. US revolutionary war won thanks to the help of the French army) which is just the height of irony. In the end, The Simpsons original line worked a treat :pac:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ah here, f*ck this, the minute the politeness barrier has been broken and we feel comfortable to abuse our opponents has to be the week that I'm against the chap that is banned.

This sort of luck has summed up my season :mad:

Just looking at your team iroced, you've made three changes to a team that was already very strong for this week, I shudder to think what kind of team you're going to send out. I haven't been able to make the change I wanted to this week due to the lack of .1m so I'll be starting with a 4 point lead. I'm off to look at your history to see if you've told us what changes you've made:P

• Advertisement

I quite like the Commandos being compared to a good old fashioned brick tough Nolia. We're built to last and can take a knock or too.

1-YgcpQPngqHTH7j5t9dhuzyPX1r1UK661gNBr1D834wE4I-oj1fIBD_Ss5m4EWP6Q-y0e_oewfDdDTKoeXEi_mECL7xXG35g-V3fZrRHjmBptOkYKk8lIIC6cq9LXLyEa4xKDvfT9v_Gshr7ME2V8-h=w591-h443-nc

Just looking at your team iroced, you've made three changes to a team that was already very strong for this week, I shudder to think what kind of team you're going to send out. I haven't been able to make the change I wanted to this week due to the lack of .1m so I'll be starting with a 4 point lead. I'm off to look at your history to see if you've told us what changes you've made:P

Did you find out :p?

Rule number one - I never, ever look at my opponents team before the start of the match. You spend so much time asking how can I block him by changing my captaincy etc that you lose focus on the most important question. How do I set up my team to score the maximum number of points?

Learned this the hard way in the cup last year.

Rule number one - I never, ever look at my opponents team before the start of the match. You spend so much time asking how can I block him by changing my captaincy etc that you lose focus on the most important question. How do I set up my team to score the maximum number of points?

Learned this the hard way in the cup last year.

I'd say it depends on the context of the league though. This is a "fun" league good for a bit of banter between ousrselves on the forum. Adapting your team to your opponent would sound madness.

Everyone's aim is the general classification and private and/or cash leagues. In the latter, having a good idea what your main opponents teams are can help to a certain extent. The limit is when you start making "blocking" transfers. It coudl work a treat short-term but long-term it's a guarantee to fail.

I do kind of fancy my chances of making it 3 wins a row this week, with RoryC's points hit seeming to be more about long term strategy than short term gains.

The margins in the games in this league are so fine though so you can never really be that confident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Playing Iused2likebusts this weekend. Looking to make it 4 wins in 5 to maintain the leading position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Playing Syria Ah (dathijjj) who sold Aguero this week :eek:
    Were both -8 starting and both captained Pelle so could be close.
    Hoping to go outright leader this week dispite have one of the lowest overall scores :D

Baines (+1) vs Wisdom (This is me)

Not looking great despite a 48 point score with 4 to play.

Advantage to the Upstart.

But 18 from Dummet, Wisdom and Siggy eminently possible.

Advantage to the Upstart.

But 18 from Dummet, Wisdom and Siggy eminently possible.

I concede. Impossible IMO. Hopefully I give you a right kicking in the second game.

I need to win a few games now or I'll be dragged back into a relegation dogfight.

I concede. Impossible IMO. Hopefully I give you a right kicking in the second game.

I need to win a few games now or I'll be dragged back into a relegation dogfight.

I genuinely don't think it's over. Siggy could easily score double figures and one clean sheet would be enough. If I was more confident I'd have gone straight to gloating. :D

Something from Downing today, or Clyne holding onto a couple of BPs and it would have been over.

Heading for a second consecutive defeat.

11 behind Zarquon and its down to Kaboul and Berahino scoring 12 more than Dummet.

An unlikely outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

irish son wrote: »
    Hoping to go outright leader this week dispite have one of the lowest overall scores :D

I only have a passing interest this year to be honest, im doing sh1t i wouldnt have dreamed of last year when i finished 114th, like bringing in Pantillimon for a hit :pac:

75-77 (-4) FT

Told you it was far from over. Losing due to the points hit possibly more annoying than getting hammered I'd imagine.

Will therefore respectfully offer a firm handshake rather than any further trash talk.

iroced has beaten me by one point, Chadli was the one who made the difference, I have to say I am quite bitter about his three bonus points:(

Well done iroced:)

• Advertisement

iroced has beaten me by one point, Chadli was the one who made the difference, I have to say I am quite bitter about his three bonus points:(

Well done iroced:)

Thanks Swiper ;). Finally a GW that turns a bit my way (would have been better and less sweaty (:D) had I followed my motto of always going with FFS captain poll, ah thought I was the cleverest after last week Costa fail and it backfired big time).

Have to admit I was not too proud yesterday when 37-46 down. Didn't wave the white flag though :p. But sent out my secret Chadli weapon who striked for the second week in a row :cool:.

75-77 (-4) FT

Told you it was far from over. Losing due to the points hit possibly more annoying than getting hammered I'd imagine.

Will therefore respectfully offer a firm handshake rather than any further trash talk.

I'm proud of the lads. Epic performance to come back and make a game of it.

Well done and I'm sure my lads will crush you in the return leg.

Only 1 point from the last 9 now. Relegation form for my boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

another defeat for me 78-69 to gillispie road. Your 2 burnley defenders proved to be the difference. I was watching that game hoping burnley held on as my dad supports them. Im heading back towards the drop zone.

I'm proud of the lads. Epic performance to come back and make a game of it.

Well done and I'm sure my lads will crush you in the return leg.

Only 1 point from the last 9 now. Relegation form for my boys.

Think that's 4 wins on the trot now. Unfortunately for the Commandos my lads are on the form of their lives at the moment.

We're definitely the Southampton of this league, new at this level and exceeding all expectations, whether we can last the pace all season remains to be seen.

You won again you had the 19th highest score in our 20 man league for this gw;)

Think that's 4 wins on the trot now. Unfortunately for the Commandos my lads are on the form of their lives at the moment.

We're definitely the Southampton of this league, new at this level and exceeding all expectations, whether we can last the pace all season remains to be seen.

Trouble with my lads is that we're a real post Xmas team.

The boys know that nothing is won in November! ;)

Trouble with my lads is that we're a real post Xmas team.

The boys know that nothing is won in November! ;)

Just realised if I hadn't caved and done Fab to ADM on Sat morning I'd have lost it.

Ah well, I'll take "champions of Autumn" and build from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

You won again you had the 19th highest score in our 20 man league for this gw;)

Yeah I've been very lucky with my match ups in this league, myself and Gillespie Road leading though he's first with the far superior overall score.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Yeah I've been very lucky with my match ups in this league, myself and Gillespie Road leading though he's first with the far superior overall score.

Happily surprised to be leading the pack at this stage. Next week will prove tricky, up against the fsa messiah himself in Lemlin!

• Advertisement

Happily surprised to be leading the pack at this stage. Next week will prove tricky, up against the fsa messiah himself in Lemlin!

I think you're more the messiah these days. Finished ahead of me last season and ahead this season again.

I hadn't looked at the fixtures but after 3 games without a win I was hoping for an easy game.

If only the Commandos could play Swiper every week ;)

Thought I was up against Busts this week but just looking and its 3rd v 2nd and up against irish son.

Thought I was up against Busts this week but just looking and its 3rd v 2nd and up against irish son.

Im waiting in the long grass to take you down a peg or two:pac:

Bottom 4 go head to head this week, in a double bill of epic proportions. I'm against bottom of the league this week, but when you consider he has a higher points score than 2nd in the league, bad luck has to have played a factor somewhere in his standing.

I think you're more the messiah these days. Finished ahead of me last season and ahead this season again.

I hadn't looked at the fixtures but after 3 games without a win I was hoping for an easy game.

If only the Commandos could play Swiper every week ;)

When I'm whipping my boys into shape every Tuesday and Thursday night below in the field it's all we talk about, "we'll be ready for week 23 lads, the rest are just national league matches, that's our championship"

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

CSF wrote: »
    Bottom 4 go head to head this week, in a double bill of epic proportions. I'm against bottom of the league this week, but when you consider he has a higher points score than 2nd in the league, bad luck has to have played a factor somewhere in his standing.

I badly, badly need a win against Game of Throw-Ins, starting to lose touch with safety.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement

Im waiting in the long grass to take you down a peg or two:pac:

The lads will be pumped for that one. Revenge for '99 :)

When I'm whipping my boys into shape every Tuesday and Thursday night below in the field it's all we talk about, "we'll be ready for week 23 lads, the rest are just national league matches, that's our championship"

You should prove your faith in your own opinion that week and captain Townsend ;)

You should prove your faith in your own opinion that week and captain Townsend ;)

I'm operating on the old "even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day" adage with Andros. When he does have his double digit day I'm gonna make some hay on here:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,173 ✭✭✭Dearg81

This is a tough league, was happy enough with 73(-8) until i realized it was only the 17th best score here. Feck the lot of you! :mad:

I'm operating on the old "even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day" adage with Andros. When he does have his double digit day I'm gonna make some hay on here:p

When I said to captain Townsend, I meant Andy. He of the tactics van. There's more chance of him returning to the game from retirement and having a double digit week than that sad excuse for a player and Spurs reject!

• Advertisement
Advertisement