Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA League 1 Head to Head

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭deadlineday

he could have made the difference but it wasnt to be.winning all my private leagues so all is not lost.this league adds a little more fun to the game.til we meet again!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

Congrats to Kilburn on victory 77-72. If I had captained Sergio over Hazard I'd have won by a point, it's these mistakes we have to make to come back stronger. Still in 3rd but the peloton is reeling in the breakaway stragglers while the leader breaks away.

Up against Itsnotmyfault who is one of those 3 points behind and looking for blood

My boys are a bit stunned having put up a good performance against the league leaders and coming in on a run of 4 wins still got blown away 93-77:eek:

A couple of them couldn't be picked up from the ground so i've had to drop 2 of them and take a 4 point hit. I trust that you will do the same so we can start on a level playing field. After all, we are former league 2 comrades:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Chasing pack starting to reign me in after I lost two on the spin!

Massive game this week as I play 4th place, who are only 3 points off me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

i do battle with the neon knight this gameweek, the hattricks are looking to extend the winning streak to 2 :pac: following on from last gameweeks victory with a cool 84 points

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭The Neon Knight

i do battle with the neon knight this gameweek, the hattricks are looking to extend the winning streak to 2 :pac: following on from last gameweeks victory with a cool 84 points
    This is looking like a relegation 6-pointer . Having a dreadful season so far. Need a strong performance today to drag myself clear of the mire.

My 23 points plus guzan clyne and sakho vs Neon Knights 24pts plus guzan siggy and downing.
    its going to be close but i make you the favourite for the 3 points
    sakho goal + 3 bps and two 0-0 draws please with bps for clyne will do me please :pac:

36 for the Neon Knights vs my 31 plus Clyne, need a cleanie, or goal for victory with no booking or 3 bps and 60+ mins to draw

36 for the Neon Knights vs my 31 plus Clyne, need a cleanie, or goal for victory with no booking or 3 bps and 60+ mins to draw

Well thats the cleanie gone. Need Utd to keep the pressure on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Comfortable victory for me against Mason's Mercenaries. 2 in a row now after those 3 straight losses. I move up into 5th with the 4 above me all losing. The lads are going to enjoy themselves this week in the planned Christmas party and they more than deserve it. They'll be ready to go again on Saturday though. Christy Browne up next with his cleverly named team "Ag Imirt Pelle".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Won 41-29.

Still in 3rd but there's 3 of us 30 points with a buffer of 6 points down to 6th but 1st is 9 points clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Hackers

Up against the league leader this week in this, hopefully I can do the chasing pack a favour!

He only has Aguero and Chambers definitely out and his transfer is made already which obviously is Aguero out given his current cash in the bank balance of 4.6m.

I will probably take a -4 so up against it already!

Hackers wrote: »
    Up against the league leader this week in this, hopefully I can do the chasing pack a favour!

If you wouldn't mind. :)

I lead MonkstownHoop 54-36(-8) with my De Gea, Siggy, Bony and Mirallas vs Siggy and Baines.

So Baines has a lot of work to do on Monday to stop me winning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Really competitive this division, looks like the top 6/7 will win again this gw.

I'm finding it hard to bridge the gap from 7th.

dahat wrote: »
    Really competitive this division, looks like the top 6/7 will win again this gw.

I'm finding it hard to bridge the gap from 7th.

I'm finding it hard to bridge the gap from last :pac:

• Advertisement

My game against the leader is as good as over. I'm 3 points behind but he has Downing coming in off the bench with 10.

He also has Bony, Barkley and Naylor left to play while I have Siggy, Kane and Green. Would need at least 4 goals to even have a chance!!

i think im leading by 3 after todays games and bonus points, im all out Captain Bob (amkar championov) has yun left.
    hopefully no CS, no bonus points, no assists, no goals and a yellow or red card for him please.

I've won against Christy Browne. 3 wins in a row now after losing 3 in a row before that. Itsnotmyfault up next and we have only 6 players in common having looked at his team. A great track record though, 2 top 1k finishes!

A win by 2pts for bottom of the table Gerry-Hattricks against 4th place amkar championov, that's 2 wins in the last 3 for me.....
    Next up is The Bojanna Davison's in a top v bottom clash, my speciality :pac:

The beginning of a tough xmas schedule for my boys starts next weekend so this week the chairman is treating us to a day out go karting, followed by dinner then on for some refreshments in the local public house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭biscuits1988

Another win and now gone 9 points clear at the top and 12 clear of 4th.

Continuing to get a fairly sizable portion of luck (punt on Barkley working out, Downing coming off the bench etc)... Not that I'm complaining!

Just outside the top 1000 now, and 80th in Ireland (:eek:). Hopefully I can keep the momentum going for another while!

• Advertisement

I've still got you in my sights Biscuits1988. Up to 2nd place on 33 the same number of league points and 945 overall points as SantryRed.

I'm glad there's a 3 point gap to 4th now but there's 5 on 27 just waiting to mount a challenge but I'm focusing on maintaining position and waiting for Biscuits1988 to falter. Pulling further away from the chasing pack is more important at this point.

Up against Hackers this week in what will be a very tough challenge. Win that and I'm in a very good place going into Christmas.

It was looking good for me at one stage but Barkley finished me off completely and then Downing coming in made it a non contest in the end!
    Another win and now gone 9 points clear at the top and 12 clear of 4th.

Continuing to get a fairly sizable portion of luck (punt on Barkley working out, Downing coming off the bench etc)... Not that I'm complaining!

Just outside the top 1000 now, and 80th in Ireland (:eek:). Hopefully I can keep the momentum going for another while!

I badly need to win this one, down to 10th from 6th after the weekend. On 24 points now and with 3rd on 33 points I cant afford too many more defeats
    I've still got you in my sights Biscuits1988. Up to 2nd place on 33 the same number of league points and 945 overall points as SantryRed.

I'm glad there's a 3 point gap to 4th now but there's 5 on 27 just waiting to mount a challenge but I'm focusing on maintaining position and waiting for Biscuits1988 to falter. Pulling further away from the chasing pack is more important at this point.

Up against Hackers this week in what will be a very tough challenge. Win that and I'm in a very good place going into Christmas.

3 of my next 4 are against teams in the top half, bojanna davisons 1st, craggy islanders 8th, locusts 19th, and the one he has been waiting for since gw1, Mr. P's InanimateCarbonJ-Rod 2nd.

My boys are hopeful of 8 good points from the festive period

3 of my next 4 are against teams in the top half, bojanna davisons 1st, craggy islanders 8th, locusts 19th, and the one he has been waiting for since gw1, Mr. P's InanimateCarbonJ-Rod 2nd.

My boys are hopeful of 8 good points from the festive period

It was the early kick up the arse my lads needed but nobody does the double over InanimateCarbonJ-Rod, hopefully.

Win against The Bojanna Davisons though and I'll bring a nice vintage red wine for our post match drink :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Jaysis didn't realise I was doing so poorly in this:o

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Jaysis didn't realise I was doing so poorly in this:o

not as poorly as me :p

in the 1st v 20th battle i lead by 24 (23 +1 off the bench) with 4 to go while the bojanna davisons have 7 to go.
    the differences: his pantillimon, terry, chambers, giroud and capt hazard vs my sterling and hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

potential giant killing

giroud and pantillimon win it for him :( bottom on xmas day for my boys, not a good omen

• Advertisement

I need 6 points from Terry and Costa to win my match up. Haven't been getting much luck in this with the teams I've been coming up against :pac:

I see I play Bojanna Davidsons on GW 19 and 38. Could be interesting if I can win some games again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

SantryRed wrote: »
    I need 6 points from Terry and Costa to win my match up. Haven't been getting much luck in this with the teams I've been coming up against :pac:

I see I play Bojanna Davidsons on GW 19 and 38. Could be interesting if I can win some games again!

I need terry and costa to get 5 or less so....i make you favourite.

AdpRo wrote: »
    I need terry and costa to get 5 or less so....i make you favourite.

hes playing weetabix no?

hes playing weetabix no?

Yip, that's me in a previous life!

Yip, that's me in a previous life!

your not doing too bad only 2 wins off promotion places

your not doing too bad only 2 wins off promotion places

Started off terrible in both this and overall game but on a decent run the last 5 wks, up from 507k to 41k in 5 wks, long may it continue. Still in with a chance of promotion here as well.

SantryRed wrote: »

At least it's over nice and early, nothing worse than thinking you have a chance for 89 mins only for a last min goal to win it for your opponent!!

At least it's over nice and early, nothing worse than thinking you have a chance for 89 mins only for a last min goal to win it for your opponent!!

Still think Costa could get a red :pac:

that terry goal finishes me off, Bojanna davisons showing why they are top of the table

• Advertisement

Lost to itsnotmyfault 92-69. I have the second highest points total in the league yet I'm in 8th, teams with over 100 points less than me are ahead of me! I face the departed HighClass next in an absolute must-win.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭itsnotmyfault

jebforever wrote: »
    Lost to itsnotmyfault 92-69. I have the second highest points total in the league yet I'm in 8th, teams with over 100 points less than me are ahead of me! I face the departed HighClass next in an absolute must-win.

Unlucky to face me when i got my captain(Austin) and my transfer(Silva) spot on.

The joys of the H2H is that overall points don't matter a damn(as you know) and you could just get a really rough draw(like you this week).

Delighted with my score of 92 obviously but absolutely sick to lose my H2H in the boards paid league 94-92 to the only other person in the league with a higher score than me:( Fab destroyed me.

Unlucky to face me when i got my captain(Austin) and my transfer(Silva) spot on.

The joys of the H2H is that overall points don't matter a damn(as you know) and you could just get a really rough draw(like you this week).

Delighted with my score of 92 obviously but absolutely sick to lose my H2H in the boards paid league 94-92 to the only other person in the league with a higher score than me:( Fab destroyed me.

Yeah well done man, you nailed it with your decisions! That's so unfortunate though to lose with the second highest GW score, the joys of H2H.

3 point victory for Hackers. Congrats.

If I made no transfers, captained practically anyone but RVP then I'd have won the dems the breaks

Thanks, I needed that win badly to keep myself in the promotion hunt. Big difference between being 6 points and 12 points behind if you had won!

Up next for me is Kilburn Kids
    3 point victory for Hackers. Congrats.

If I made no transfers, captained practically anyone but RVP then I'd have won the dems the breaks

Oh yes . Girouds sending off condemns second placed Brian is Gay to whopping defeat. Whattawastamoney completely adrift of the pace recently but showing how dangerous they can be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Looks like the leader is beaten as well.....by me!

Another defeat for me.
    i can nearly write that line with my eyes closed im getting used to writing it so much :pac:
    next up.......Locusts

Defeats for 1st and 2nd while I get past Mhaigheo push me back level on points with 2nd and about the only high point this week.

Lost by 15 points to HighClass and I've fallen to tenth. To say the match against ItsChecoTime is monumental would be an understatement. If I lose it will be very difficult to finish in the promotion places. Our teams are very different so that's refreshing.

18th v 20th locusts v gerry hattricks
    could be closing the gap at the bottom to 3

• Advertisement
Advertisement