Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

This is my first season paying attention to price rises/drops from the very beginning so I don't know how crucial they are in the first few GWs. But I should get 0.3/0.4 out of Siggy, 0.2/0.3 out of Cesc, at least 0.1 out of Rambo and Costa, and maybe 0.1 out of Hutton so am not worried about losing 0.1/0.2 on Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭bo-sco

May bring Costa in for Sturridge and captain him but haven't decided yet.

Otherwise will hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

My defence probably needs surgery:

Chambers, P Jones, B Davies, Pieters, Baird. Chambers, Davies and Baird are 3 bad picks of mine that are gametime risks and probably need to be changed to more secure players. Anyone got any feeling on whether Chambers will play this week? Will Mert go straight back in there? And Davies could get a start on Sunday.

However I want to get Ramsey in tonight before his price rises (assuming he gets through tonight's game) for Mata who's set to drop or Eriksen. (Have Fab and Siggy already). To do the latter I'd need to free up 1m by downgrading Davies to a 4m defender. I'm still not convinced Davies won't play but what are my options at 4m?
    Bruce? Is he injured or will he even get selected with Euro games and a potential formation change?
    Wisdom? Already have Baird but not too worried about that ridiculous situation. If he plays he could be an option. How under threat will he be when they get all players fit?
    Hutton? Don't fancy this at all. He's a red card waiting to happen and Villa have very tough fixtures.

So is it worth a 4 point hit to get Ramsey in? Or should I do a straight swap for Mata? It could really weaken my defence.
    Or should I leave it for a week and focus on improving my defence?

(For the record the rest of my team is Krul/Eliot, Hoilett, Rooney, Sturridge, Dzeko)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭G1032

Trilla wrote: »
    What about us that have Cesc, Ramsey, Sterling and Mata!? :)

Thats who I had. Sold Mata. Siggy is a must imo.

Liam2012 wrote: »
    My defence probably needs surgery:

Chambers, P Jones, B Davies, Pieters, Baird. Chambers, Davies and Baird are 3 bad picks of mine that are gametime risks and probably need to be changed to more secure players. Anyone got any feeling on whether Chambers will play this week? Will Mert go straight back in there? And Davies could get a start on Sunday.

However I want to get Ramsey in tonight before his price rises (assuming he gets through tonight's game) for Mata who's set to drop or Eriksen. (Have Fab and Siggy already). To do the latter I'd need to free up 1m by downgrading Davies to a 4m defender. I'm still not convinced Davies won't play but what are my options at 4m?
    Bruce? Is he injured or will he even get selected with Euro games and a potential formation change?
    Wisdom? Already have Baird but not too worried about that ridiculous situation. If he plays he could be an option. How under threat will he be when they get all players fit?
    Hutton? Don't fancy this at all. He's a red card waiting to happen and Villa have very tough fixtures.

So is it worth a 4 point hit to get Ramsey in? Or should I do a straight swap for Mata? It could really weaken my defence.
    Or should I leave it for a week and focus on improving my defence?

(For the record the rest of my team is Krul/Eliot, Hoilett, Rooney, Sturridge, Dzeko)
    Chambers will be on the bench Saturday unless Koscielny aggravates his achilles injury tonight or in training.
    I think Mata and Eriksen's fixtures are better than Rambo's this GW, but if you really want him then I would do Mata straight swap. If you do downgrade to a 4.0m defender that you plan to start the next two weeks then Hutton has two nice ones. If you're thinking long term, then Liam Moore at Leicester.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I hope Mata runs riot this weekend to burn those that panic sold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

roryc wrote: »

I've a feeling he will and definitely holding on - to be honest nobody should be making transfers this week and you should hold your transfer. Anyone who is is possible just making a knee-jerk decision as what's changed in the last 5 days....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭G1032

roryc wrote: »

Stir the pot there sure..........!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

1 transfer only for me this week. Siggy in and Ramsey out - Ramseys next 2 fixtures are tough compared to siggys was the reasoning and didnt want to miss a price increase on him either. Fair enough ramsey could still score in the tough games like last year but i think siggy represents better potential for points for the necxt 2 weeks anyway at least, I will prob bring him back in at some stage in the near future. My defence im concerned with and also bojan, I have smalling collocini and caulker starting next week chambers and moore subs, all have away fixtures as well as begovic in goals, i only got like 6 combined points from my defence and gk last week so may need a transfer to increase points tally soon unless they start improving. A zabaleta or baines would be ideal and i have the money due to downgrading of ramsey

Chambers will be on the bench Saturday unless Koscielny aggravates his achilles injury tonight or in training.
    I think Mata and Eriksen's fixtures are better than Rambo's this GW, but if you really want him then I would do Mata straight swap. If you do downgrade to a 4.0m defender that you plan to start the next two weeks then Hutton has two nice ones. If you're thinking long term, then Liam Moore at Leicester.

I'm very reluctant to drop Mata. So it's probably best if I give him and Eriksen another week and just focus on a straight swap in defence. I'm really only chasing price rises at this point. I do think Ramsey will be this season's Yaya (a lot of people put off by his supposed deep position and high price) along with Fab, but Arsenal have a lot of tricky games coming up so I can sit it out for a while.

Who's a good replacement for Chambers then? A set it and forget type that has a good run of games and has security of starts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I've a feeling he will and definitely holding on - to be honest nobody should be making transfers this week and you should hold your transfer. Anyone who is is possible just making a knee-jerk decision as what's changed in the last 5 days....

Considering the fixtures, he is definitely worth keeping over Sterling. Will be useful to have him for the H2H games alone as he should outscore Sterling this week.

Liam2012 wrote: »
    Who's a good replacement for Chambers then? A set it and forget type that has a good run of games and has security of starts?
    Chester or van Aanholt would be my picks at 4.5m if you're starting them all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Mata will drop in price siggy will rise, if siggy plays bad and mata runs riot just do the reverse transfer and you'll have made a 0.2 profit.

As it stands it's still early days, I'd rather be making cash then hoping a player performs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Need to relace evans and filipe luis this week. Any ideas who I should buy. Reluctant on luvren as he's up against man city.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Mata will drop in price siggy will rise, if siggy plays bad and mata runs riot just do the reverse transfer and you'll have made a 0.2 profit.

As it stands it's still early days, I'd rather be making cash then hoping a player performs.

That assumes a) no other injuries to key players b) no other areas of team to improve (Sterling scores again and you don't have him? Aguero goes nuts? You'll lose value in other area's).

Spending two transfers for 0.2 is crazy imho, you only get 37 free ones for the entire year.

Plus you've lost the points mata scored over siggy for that 0.2m.

That logic is nuts - at least if you do Mata to siggy stick with it ffs and enjoy the 3m the week after!

I can see other logic, but yours makes no sense to me anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

I'm only on 42 points. But I think mata over the next few weeks is a must with his fixtures. Also his set pieces were unreal at the weekend just needed someone on the end of them. Giroud is my only worry. However with sanogo doubtful I'm hopeful Giroud gets first spot next week

Chester or van Aanholt would be my picks at 4.5m if you're starting them all the time

Chester will rise tonight but has another game on Thursday. With his injury history there's no chance I'd transfer him in before that game to catch the price rise. I usually wait until Friday evening so it's looking like PVA of those 2. Both have a decent run of fixtures too. Thanks for the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Not being smart, just posing a legitimate question for debate, but why not Silva? At home as opposed to away GW 2 and see GW 3 fixture (can switch to Sterling after if needs be)! Both scored in first week. (okay Sterling got an assist and not booked).

Silva had more points per min last year also.

Makes no sense that Sterling is getting exponentially more transfers in. I understand more but not the degree of the gap. Sterling seems a bit flavour of the monthish.

Is it preserving team value or chasing team value?

I get that team value can help later, but the game is still all about points scored. Every year i see guys at top of leaderboard who make all their transfers on a friday night, avoiding more injuries and hits.

For the short answer - Sterling is the more in-form player and has a better injury record than Silva. My long term plan is also Aguero as my City attacker.

I'm looking at long term tranfers and I believe very much in coverage. I had planned to have Sturrudge as my Liverpool coverage but took him out late Friday evening for Costa.

Having watched Liverpool on Sunday, Sterling looks to be the in-form player and if it comes down to Sterling/Aguero or Silva/Sturridge, I know which pairing I'm going for.

I've said since before GW1 that I have Aguero in mind. My problem now is whether he should be for Rooney or Costa.

Silva may have scored more points per minute last season (I haven't looked into it) but I'd be interested in seeing their stats since Xmas. Sterling has improved considerably. Two years ago I wouldn't trust him to hit a barn door when through on goal.
    I can see both sides of it. I can also see hits in a weeks time due to wanting other players too and then of course we'll have injuries. So be careful. Not to mention 'rests' post international duty. I'd really like to bank the transfer barring injuries.

Mata to Siggy is a bit jerky, but with the fixtures for Siggy i wouldnt want to be without unless I already had Bony.

Mata to Sterling is massively jerky though imho, given Sterlings next two fixtures agaisnt Mata's and their much more close price.

If someone had no faith in the Man U revival why do you have 2, 3 players of theirs? That's what I would ask myself. Being a sheep?

Being a sheep again following the masses?

I'll definitely give Mata at least one more week. Not just Mata but Man united. If say they are beat 1-0 by Sunderland that will definitely have me worrying.

That's a bigger sample size for both Mata and Man U.

But Sterling scored against City and Spurs last season. In fact, the form he's in he could score against anyone. Over the years, believe it or not, fixtures are one of the last things I generally look at for a player. Whether or not he is in form is one of the main things. Liverpool, City and Arsenal aren't Chelsea, there are rarely boring 0-0 draws I'd also add.

As for Man United and their revival, I put myself down to two United players Friday evening taking De Gea out. Even if I expect United to beat Sunderland, to justify having two attacking players from any club, in my book, you have to expect them to be putting up big scores a good few weeks. Playing a defensive minded 5-3-2 with poor central midfield players, I have to ask myself do I expect United to do this?

I don't even expect United to beat Sunderland at the weekend let alone give them a thumping.

Lemlin wrote: »
    For the short answer - Sterling is the more in-form player and has a better injury record than Silva. My long term plan is also Aguero as my City attacker.

I'm looking at long term tranfers and I believe very much in coverage. I had planned to have Sturrudge as my Liverpool coverage but took him out late Friday evening for Costa.

Having watched Liverpool on Sunday, Sterling looks to be the in-form player and if it comes down to Sterling/Aguero or Silva/Sturridge, I know which pairing I'm going for.

I've said since before GW1 that I have Aguero in mind. My problem now is whether he should be for Rooney or Costa.

Silva may have scored more points per minute last season (I haven't looked into it) but I'd be interested in seeing their stats since Xmas. Sterling has improved considerably. Two years ago I wouldn't trust him to hit a barn door when through on goal.

Thanks for the sensible answer - kind of what I guessed you'd say, and I mean that in a positive way.

Shows you've a long term plan and have thought through (as best you can) your moves going forward. (which was what i wanted to highlight).

Only question is why start with Mata and not Sterling? Just expect Man U to be better? Not give them another week? Answered above now

That assumes a) no ot injuries to key players b) no other areas of team to improve (Sterling scores again and you don't have him? Aguero goes nuts? You'll lose value in other area's).

Spending two transfers for 0.2 is crazy imho, you only get 37 free ones for the entire year.

Plus you've lost the points mata scored over siggy for that 0.2m.

That logic is nuts - at least if you do Mata to siggy stick with it ffs and enjoy the 3m the week after!

I can see other logic, but yours makes no sense to me anyhow.

I meant transfer him in the game week after. Anyway it was an easy decision for me, I had Ramsey mata Sterling and fabregas in my team so easy enough decision.

I do like mata but united played absolutely rubbish, I won't be putting him back in until united start to play well. Also for 9 million players like Silva and siggy look better options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,768 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

G1032 wrote: »
    No. It's not necessarily an over reaction. Depends on what your other players are. I had a midfield of Ramsey, Mata, Fabregas, Isgrove and Sterling. IMO Siggy, at 6m, is an absolute must at this stage of the season. His price is rocketing and he'll be 6.3 by Saturday morning. Out of my midfield, Mata had to go in order to get Siggy in. My transferring out of Mata wasn't an over reaction of any sort. It came down to a choice between Sterling or Mata. I kept Sterling. He's likely to rise in price and can proven before he can score against any team. Mata will likely drop in price before Saturday.

Over the next four weeks fixture wise i would be very confident of Mata outscoring Sterling, Ramsey and Fabregas. Mata is on free's and corners and United are playing 4 teams who will be battling relegation imo. Over the season the others you said might outscore but fixture wise i think Mata is a must for the next four games. His price may drop before Saturday but a good game or two over the next two games and the knee jerkers will bring his price back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Thanks for the sensible answer - kind of what I guessed you'd say, and I mean that in a positive way.

Shows you've a long term plan and have thought through (as best you can) your moves going forward. (which was what i wanted to highlight).

Only question is why start with Mata and not Sterling? Just expect Man U to be better? Not give them another week? Answered above now

To be honest if Mata does go mental at the weekend it won't annoy me. I rarely get annoyed over this game. "You have to laugh" is one of my favourite comments because that is all you can do at times.

I look at moves in the long term and this move makes sense to me for the long term. United have easy fixtures people say but the bottom line is they couldn't beat Swansea at home - a club that finished 12th six points above regelation.

I'm sure there'll be a line of people waiting to say "I told you so" if I make the move and it doesn't work out this weekend but it's a long season and I'm not saying I get every move right. I wouldn't have the history I do at this game though if I didn't get the majority right though.

I meant transfer him in the game week after.

So if Mata outscores Siggy, you'll get rid of him because he's a difficult game in GW 4 - he's 5 nice ones in a row after that though?

And you wont spend the 3m in GW 2 or GW 3 transfers?

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Over the next four weeks fixture wise i would be very confident of Mata outscoring Sterling, Ramsey and Fabregas. Mata is on free's and corners and United are playing 4 teams who will be battling relegation imo. Over the season the others you said might outscore but fixture wise i think Mata is a must for the next four games. His price may drop before Saturday but a good game or two over the next two games and the knee jerkers will bring his price back up.

What happens when rvp is back?

He'll probably pushed further back and off set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

What do you guys think about putting Schurrle in the team, will he be consistently played?

What happens when rvp is back?

He'll probably pushed further back and off set pieces.

In fairness I think RVP could actually help Mata. It would give him a focus and he could find space in behind him. He's not completely reliant on set pieces. I'll give him another week or 2 anyway.

Lemlin wrote: »
    To be honest if Mata does go mental at the weekend it won't annoy me. I rarely get annoyed over this game. "You have to laugh" is one of my favourite comments because that is all you can do at times.

I look at moves in the long term and this move makes sense to me for the long term. United have easy fixtures people say but the bottom line is they couldn't beat Swansea at home - a club that finished 12th six points above regelation.

I'm sure there'll be a line of people waiting to say "I told you so" if I make the move and it doesn't work out this weekend but it's a long season and I'm not saying I get every move right. I wouldn't have the history I do at this game though if I didn't get the majority right though.

Thanks and totally understand where you are coming from. You want Sterling over Mata now as a) you feel he will score higher b) he is playing on better team c) you care less than most about fixtures d) it's long term e) you'll make rather than lose money but thats more a bonus.

For me I'll stick with Mata, I'll give him this week at least (possibly the one after). If he hasn't scored or returned well and united havent improved I'll ship him. The fixtures are just too good for me with him in the hole and his returns at the end of last year and in prior years.

Likewise if sterling outscores him in the interim - i'll accept it. I bought him at the start for a reason and i like to give players at least 3 games, esp when i thought long and hard about that 9m investment in the first place. Bale thought me that a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I think it's important we don't build Mata up too much either in defending him. Sometimes an initial reaction can actually be the best one. Mata was poor, United were poor. Other teams looked much better going forward.

However we expect/demand a higher level of performance. We shouldn't expect him to reinvent the wheel though. Some may subconsciously be expecting nothing less that 13/15 points from Mata come the weekend to make up for last weekend. I've been more guilty than most in building up players because I have him and ignore the free scoring alternative that most have. An assist and perhaps a BP or 2 would be enough and we can take it from there.

I think last season has changed me :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

zarquon wrote: »
    Considering the fixtures, he is definitely worth keeping over Sterling. Will be useful to have him for the H2H games alone as he should outscore Sterling this week.

Ill have both;)

• Advertisement

Tommy54 wrote: »
    What do you guys think about putting Schurrle in the team, will he be consistently played?

It's always a game time risk with him. Great player. He gets goals too. But I wouldn't pull the trigger on that one yet. Although coming off the bench doesn't seem to matter to him either, but that mostly happens when Chelsea need a goal. If he doesn't start and they get a lead, what happens?
    One to watch I think.

Advertisement