Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Oranage2 wrote: »
    There's not right or wrong answer mata could play amazing, people will say I have egg on my face, if he doesn't I'll say I told you so etc etc

United were terrible against a lower mid table team at home, he didn't perform, he was the weakest link in my team this week and other players in his price range did perform.

Out of interest What transfer will you do?

Ah fair enough, just didn't get your logic is all.

None assuming no injuries, as happy at present, and 71 points so plan is to bank to avoid hits and take more time assessing. Aguero week 3 is tempting me, so keen to plan for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    You're right and you're wrong. He would have needed 2.5 times the usual amount but they take that into account in the % bar.
    Barkley will drop tonight I'd say.

You can't rely on just one of these price tracking sites, Fpl statistics are the best imo.

Generally you can. As you said yourself, the first few weeks are unreliable. But after that I think you can rely on one website. I used totalfpl last year (fiso previously) and I' d say it's right 99% of the time. Always right with rises, gets the odd drop but never actually a drop that has affected me.

It's not worth monitoring 3 websites considering the level of accuracy. And even if you do and there are discrepancies you'll second guess which is right. Personally I've better things to be doing with my spare time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

This is my first season paying attention to price rises/drops from the very beginning so I don't know how crucial they are in the first few GWs. But I should get 0.3/0.4 out of Siggy, 0.2/0.3 out of Cesc, at least 0.1 out of Rambo and Costa, and maybe 0.1 out of Hutton so am not worried about losing 0.1/0.2 on Mata.

Players falling in value is of more concern than the risers, as one doesn't necesarilly offset against the other. If you want to leep Costa, Cesc, Ramsey and Siggy long term (which is likely) their increased value is of little use. Whereas if Mata falls by 0.2, you'll have to drop him for an 8.5m midfielder rather than someone like Silva.

Having said all that, I do think price rises are over-emphasised on here. Team value is important, no doubt, but my focus this year is to try and not let price rises/falls cloud my judgement as much. Many times I got burned last year transferring out a faller for a riser even though the fixtures said otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Mata to Rojo done. Will use the extra funds to do Bojan to Messi next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

qwabercd wrote: »
    Having said all that, I do think price rises are over-emphasised on here. Team value is important, no doubt, but my focus this year is to try and not let price rises/falls cloud my judgement as much. Many times I got burned last year transferring out a faller for a riser even though the fixtures said otherwise.
    Price rises/falls just seem more important at the moment with prices rounded to the .5 - becomes less important as prices get more random.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭dahat

zarquon wrote: »
    Mata to Rojo done. Will use the extra funds to do Bojan to Messi next week.

You will be sorry when Di Maria signs...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Either Ramsay or Fabregas in for Mata

I have Hazard, Costa & Giroud already, thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dempsey wrote: »

I wouldn't want 3 attacking players from one team.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,745 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ramsey,You have enough of Chelsea forward players as is.

Ramsay has Everton away whilst Chelsea have Leicester at home...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I wouldn't want 3 attacking players from one team.
    dahat wrote: »
    Ramsey,You have enough of Chelsea forward players as is.
    Ramsay has Everton away whilst Chelsea have Leicester at home...

Since the other two lads didn't give you the answer you wanted(:P), I will.
    Fabregas, can't have enought attackers from the same team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Tadic and Siggy in.

My midfield:

Siggy - Tadic - Fab - Ramsey - Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Will filipe luis start on sat?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭Guffy

Lovely don't have to worry about him next week :)

gufc21 wrote: »
    Lovely don't have to worry about him next week :)

Wenger was fair pissed at him though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hmmm, still wondering over this transfer. My thinking now is Mata could fall by 0.2 for the weekend the way things are going. Sterling could rise by 0.2.

I might do the change with a plan to bring Mata back in if he improves. Whatever about his future games, I think Sunderland away will be a tough game for United.

Last season they beat them 2-1 away and lost 0-1 at home. In the League Cup, the games finished 2-1 to Sunderland and 1-0 to United (2-1 after extra time).

None of the four games were high scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,069 ✭✭✭Guffy

Wenger was fair pissed at him though

meh he's not going to drop him from prem games cause of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Are Hazard owners selling for Fab or not? Could be a .5 point swing by the weekend but I'd like to wait :confused: If I don't do this transfer I'll probably bank it.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hmmm, still wondering over this transfer. My thinking now is Mata could fall by 0.2 for the weekend the way things are going. Sterling could rise by 0.2.

I might do the change with a plan to bring Mata back in if he improves. Whatever about his future games, I think Sunderland away will be a tough game for United.

Last season they beat them 2-1 away and lost 0-1 at home. In the League Cup, the games finished 2-1 to Sunderland and 1-0 to United (2-1 after extra time).

None of the four games were high scoring.

Points are more important than value right now. IMO mata has a greater chance of increased points this weekend over sterling.

What happens if Eriksen has a cracking game this weekend. People will start moving him in. It's too early for knee jerking yet. One game against poor opposition is not enough to convince me that Sterling is worth it over Mata. If anything Eriksen is one i want to monitor too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Points are more important than value right now.

Actually, I think the opposite is true, particularly if you plan on wildcarding in the first couple of months. Hugely important that you can afford to accommodate as many big hitters as possible. A 4, 8 or even 12 point hit now is worth it to preserve team value -- because it can mean the difference between being able to afford a Ramsey or Yaya (of last year's form) or not -- and that can be worth countless points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Was thinking of swapping out Pieters for Clyne or possibly Vlaar which would free up £0.5m.

Maybe swap out Pieters and Bruce (back injury - 75% chance of playing) for Vlaar and Chester?

What you folks reckon?

For some reason I thought that Clyne was £4.5m

You think it would be worth Swapping Pieters for him? or going with the second option above?

Or not jumping the gun and just waiting to see how things go in GW2?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Actually, I think the opposite is true, particularly if you plan on wildcarding in the first couple of months. Hugely important that you can afford to accommodate as many big hitters as possible. A 4, 8 or even 12 point hit now is worth it to preserve team value -- because it can mean the difference between being able to afford a Ramsey or Yaya (of last year's form) or not -- and that can be worth countless points.

I chased team value last year for the first few weeks and it worked out well later in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Lemlin wrote: »
    I chased team value last year for the first few weeks and it worked out well later in the season.

It was very easy to increase team value last year though. Early in the year the likes of Ramsey, Coleman, Sturridge, Suarez, Ozil, Yaya etc were rising by .2 and .3 a week for weeks in a row and bringing in massive scores aswell.

The aim should be to avoid using the wildcard early in the season. Poor team choices are the reason a wildcard is necessary. I have a plan and im not changing it. People that throw their team plans out the window after 1 week weren't all that prepared to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Took a 4 point hit ><

Lovren and Marney out for Sigurdsson and Hutton.

Happy enough with my team now!

Still have Davies and Luis knocking about thought :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Just did Naughton to Clyne before the drop.

Seems like a solid choice. Considered Newcastle, but will need this defender for week 4 and Southampton fit the bill perfectly.

Considered Mata to Sterling but decided to leave it. Hopefully the right decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The aim should be to avoid using the wildcard early in the season. Poor team choices are the reason a wildcard is necessary. I have a plan and im not changing it. People that throw their team plans out the window after 1 week weren't all that prepared to begin with.

Disagree with that too... Before GW1, no matter how 'prepared' you are, you're relying on a huge amount of guesswork and hope to build a team. Within a few weeks, it becomes clearer which players are over- and under-valued (either through a team's starting line-up, a player's form, or a transfer), and playing an early wildcard to capitalise on that will benefit you in the long term.

Obviously GW1 is too early to play a wildcard, but at this stage I'd be taking hits to preserve team value, with an eye of playing it some time after GW3 (possibly right after, for the international break + close of transfer window), and before GW8.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I may do mata to hazard giving me haz fab and Costa. It would be a 1 week move as Id offload one of my chelsea lads for a city player next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

Have MF of Sterling, Mata, Siggy, Alexis, Is grove. Thinking Mata to Fab for value as well as uncertainty re Utd. Have Costa & Rooney too, think Rooney might be enough attacking cover until United show definite signs of form.

Or could bank transfer with a view to going Alexis - Ramsey and another transfer next week, with 1.5m to play with.

Would obviously need to move tonight.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement

I got Fabregas for Mata because of fixtures. I'll look to offload Hazard if he doesnt get the finger out against Leicester

Advertisement