Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ugh, I wanted to hold out to do Mata --> Sterling, but couldn't do it. Transfer done. Done for financial reason. Don't really expect Sterling to outscore Mata (at least not this week). But Sterling doesn't play until Monday, so he will pretty certainly go up by 0.2 then (and maybe 0.3), and Mata not until Sunday, so he could be down 0.2 by then.

It's the difference between banking 0.5m now which can be used next week, or only banking 0.1m (maybe 0.0m) if I end up making the same transfer next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

RIALTO1 wrote: »
    Have MF of Sterling, Mata, Siggy, Alexis, Is grove. Thinking Mata to Fab for value as well as uncertainty re Utd. Have Costa & Rooney too, think Rooney might be enough attacking cover until United show definite signs of form.

Or could bank transfer with a view to going Alexis - Ramsey and another transfer next week, with 1.5m to play with.

Would obviously need to move tonight.

Thoughts?

Mine is Mata, Siggy, Fab, Ramsey and Hendo, will give it a couple of weeks to see how they do.

Am thinking of picking up Silva for £9m but suspect that as soon as I swapped Mata for him then Mata would score a hat-trick and get about 5 assists in the one match :)

Hendo is someone who I may swap out but not sure for who just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Ugh, I wanted to hold out to do Mata --> Sterling, but couldn't do it. Transfer done. Done for financial reason. Don't really expect Sterling to outscore Mata (at least not this week). But Sterling doesn't play until Monday, so he will pretty certainly go up by 0.2 then (and maybe 0.3), and Mata not until Sunday, so he could be down 0.2 by then.

It's the difference between banking 0.5m now which can be used next week, or only banking 0.1m (maybe 0.0m) if I end up making the same transfer next week.

I doubt there will be such a big movement in these prices.

Mata is not even close to fall yet, but I agree that anything below 0.5 left in the bank would be useless at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭Guffy

Front line was really poor. Duno how I went into season with it so had to make a few changes. Played wild card and pretty much have a new team now.

Figured I'd try to make a bob or two while I'm at it. Brought in chester for van aanholt in hope that he will increase by in value given their fixtures. Did same with vlaar and berahino

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hmmm, still wondering over this transfer. My thinking now is Mata could fall by 0.2 for the weekend the way things are going. Sterling could rise by 0.2.

I might do the change with a plan to bring Mata back in if he improves. Whatever about his future games, I think Sunderland away will be a tough game for United.

Last season they beat them 2-1 away and lost 0-1 at home. In the League Cup, the games finished 2-1 to Sunderland and 1-0 to United (2-1 after extra time).

None of the four games were high scoring.

Would it be worth a hit in your opinion?

Have already had to bring in Siggy.

Current midfield is Fab, Sanchez, Sig, Mata, Albrighton.

Worried about potential 0.4m swing also.

• Advertisement

gufc21 wrote: »
    Front line was really poor. Duno how I went into season with it so had to make a few changes. Played wild card and pretty much have a new team now.

Figured I'd try to make a bob or two while I'm at it. Brought in chester for van aanholt in hope that he will increase by in value given their fixtures. Did same with vlaar and berahino

How many wildcards do ya get, is it 1 per transfer window?

Can't remember been a couple of years since I played but I think it is. I had to use it as I really had to change my forwards and had to rejig team to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Simple change for me as I've .5 in the bank. Coutinho ---> Sterling. Siggy will have to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

You get two. One when you can play any time during the season and the other has to be played in January. The January Wildcard can only be used after Gameweek 20 starts (1 Jan 11:30) until Gameweek 23 ends (7 Feb 11:30).

FHFC wrote: »

I know you asked Lemlin, but worth mentioning that Liverpool plays Spurs away in GW3 and United goes to Burnley.

Spurs away might not be as tough as it used to be, and I know Burnley might not be as easy as it looks, but the fixtures alone stopped me from bringing Sterling in right now. I hope I am right about this.

• Advertisement

Finical wrote: »
    You get two. One when you can play any time during the season and the other has to be played in January. The January Wildcard can only be used after Gameweek 20 starts (1 Jan 11:30) until Gameweek 23 ends (7 Feb 11:30).

Probably a stupid question but if you use a wildcard between GW20 - 23 can you specify that it's the January WC you're using?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

wonski wrote: »
    I doubt there will be such a big movement in these prices.

Mata is not even close to fall yet, but I agree that anything below 0.5 left in the bank would be useless at this stage.

TotalFPL are showing Mata 67% of the way to a fall. He has moved nearly 30% today. It's only Tuesday.

I'm expecting him to fall tomorrow night and then again on Friday as a high number of transfers happen then and he is the mid people are dropping.

FHFC wrote: »

I wouldn't do a hit for it. I'm struggling to justify it without a hit involved tbh.

My thinking is more about United than Mata. I really rate Mata as a player.

I wouldn't do a hit for it. I'm struggling to justify it without a hit involved tbh.

My thinking is more about United than Mata. I really rate Mata as a player.

Was out tonight so now have the benefit of 5 or 6 pints to 'help' me make the decision. I would actually prefer to keep Mata in my team, my main motivation would be the value which I think at this stage of the season is valid enough. If Mata drops 0.2 it'll be a while before he makes that back even if he goes on a flyer. And I expect to want Sterling in my team shortly as my Liverpool attacker.

I don't get it, if people are expecting Mata to lose value this week/weekend would it not make sense to drop him for the week and pick him up at a reduced value next week?

I don't get it, if people are expecting Mata to lose value this week/weekend would it not make sense to drop him for the week and pick him up at a reduced value next week?

That's a lot of transfers. As someone pointed out above you only get 37.

Otherwise you'd be spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Because you waste two transfers doing that

I want to save my FT for next week. I had 11(+3) starters this week but if something happens after the next one I might need it.

Sterling is a valuable player to have, but to choose him over Mata is not an easy one.

In the worst case scenario I will downgrade DeGea to give me extra cash if Sterling becomes a must.

fair enough but doing it early in the season could allow you an improved squad in the second half of the season no?

wonski wrote: »
    I want to save my FT for next week. I had 11(+3) starters this week but if something happens after the next one I might need it.

Sterling is a valuable player to have, but to choose him over Mata is not an easy one.

In the worst case scenario I will downgrade DeGea to give me extra cash if Sterling becomes a must.

And if nothing happens next week? I mean are you not playing it very safe?

you are essentially planning for 2-3 injuries in one week worth of games considering you have 14 starters.

• Advertisement

fair enough but doing it early in the season could allow you an improved squad in the second half of the season no?

I don't go that far at this moment. I was chasing prices last season and it didn't always work. Had a great score this week and feel comfortable to go with the same team again.

And if nothing happens next week? I mean are you not playing it very safe?

you are essentially planning for 2-3 injuries in one week worth of games considering you have 14 starters.

I wouldn't consider Bojan, Chambers, Hutton or Moore as my starters to be honest:D

I play it safe for now but don't blame anyone for making the transfers. I've learned my lesson last season and not gonna repeat all the point hits to fix the team every week.

I can't have every player that scores well. There is only space for 5 midfielders anyway;)

Silva, Mata, Fabregas, Ramsey and Siggurdson should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

I have gibbs injured...bruce injured...dawson dint start..cameroon dint start..jones who started...wht shd I do...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

No one else banking there transfer.I got 63 so happy enough with the team , not convinced on siggi at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Any opinions on who I should swap out jones for ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Can't and won't bring myself to swap out mata , especially with uniteds fixtures . I expect United to hockey Sunderland on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

My main issue for his week is whether to start Young.. I'll probably take him out in a couple of weeks but I'm wondering is he worth starting the next couple of games

Can't and won't bring myself to swap out mata , especially with uniteds fixtures . I expect United to hockey Sunderland on Sunday

Why though? The most United scored against them in four games last season was two in any one game.

I'm generally fairly decent at predicting results (although I'll wholly admit I sometimes get them totally arseways) and I'm expecting a tight game that United will be lucky to win by a clear two goals.

I'm even waiting for clean sheets odds because I'm currently playing Terry in defence and then 2 of van Aaholt, Coloccini and Caulker.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

Why though? The most United scored against them in four games last season was two in any one game.

Have to agree with this. Without RVP ManU don't hockey anyone. They have a good chance of winning based on their away record last season but it could be a close game. Also bear in mind Sunderland's home record last year was very good too under Poyet. Having said that I'm holding Mata for another week or 2. More pressing needs for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Not sure where the figures above are coming from but Mata will likely only go down £0.1m this week, and Sterling up £0.1m.

Advertisement