Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

39,000 people have transferred cattermole into their team... daft

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

roryc wrote: »
    I transferred him out right before that match after having him since February. Not making the same mistake again after just one blank

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Considering bringing Shane Long in this week as a cheap striker. He can be very frustrating but Southampton have a very good run of fixtures lining up. Also thought they looked relatively decent against Liverpool from what part I saw of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,107 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I will be trusting in Mata. Switching my Swansea midfielder to Sigurdsson is the only change I'm making to my highly unsuccessful 37 point GW 1 team. Mata, Hazard, Rooney and Costa all to step it up in GW2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

i got a decent score of 70 gw1 and theres no way im transferring out Mata for gw2.. calling he scores and assists rooney and bags the 3bps

i just dont get the price rise/decrease angle, hold onto players that have the ability to play and have form/fixtures and bank your transfers as much as you can. Clever DGW's, WC's only when chasing a lead and stop that paranoia and guessing. TBF i am pretty rubbish at FF tho :/

Season Points Rank
    2008/09 1644 697819
    2009/10 2022 373359
    2010/11 2182 1446
    2011/12 1501 1983775

10/11 wasnt bad tho

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Think I'll bank my transfer this week. I'm happy that the team I have is well positioned for the first few weeks with some very soft fixtures.

I could have locked in some value, but I think I'd rather put myself in the best position to score points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I'm happy enough with my side going forward. Took out siggy late (have now brought him back) but brought in sterling and costa late last week. The core of the team is strong and I'll play Rooney and Costa virtually every week. Have money in the bank from switching Eriksen to siggy and I'm considering switching Krul to courtois and felipe to mangala further down the line. Hopefully this 8 week plan pays off!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I transferred him out right before that match after having him since February. Not making the same mistake again after just one blank

I did the same and he may well punish me again this weekend but the game wouldn't be exciting without the odd risk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back......I want to be on you......

....Robin Van Persie seems to be available for the weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

RVP apparently fit for the Sunderland game, anyone here have him in their team?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

As with Aguero, I think I'll wait a while before I contemplate getting RVP in. They have a habit of breaking down every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

jebforever wrote: »
    As with Aguero, I think I'll wait a while before I contemplate getting RVP in. They have a habit of breaking down every so often.

£12.5m is a hefty price alright, out of interest, if players are injured do their prices go down over time or is it purely performance based?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm gonna put it out there. If you like it, you can take it, if you don't, send it right back......I want to be on you......

....Robin Van Persie seems to be available for the weekend :)

Of ****ing course he'd have to be back to play against us. :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

£12.5m is a hefty price alright, out of interest, if players are injured do their prices go down over time or is it purely performance based?

The price of players with who are flagged don't go down as fast as uninjured players

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Paully D wrote: »
    Of ****ing course he'd have to be back to play against us. :rolleyes: :pac:

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't even in the squad heading up at all. At most he'll get 20 minutes, although a goal in those 20 would spice things up like Aguero last week

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yes injured players also go down in price although the threshold is much higher for injured players, think it's 2.5 times the amount of transfers out required for a fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

I think I'm going to hold steady and bank my transfer for the week.

I had 54 point at the weekend.

Team is

De Gea, Mannone

Cahill, Wilson, Moore, Taylor, Davies

Ramsey, Sterling, Cabella, Young, Lamela

Costa, Rooney, Bojan.

I will have changes to make eventually, as I took a number of gambles and not all will pay off. I'm tempted to give Lamela another couple of weeks. Same with Davies. Rose wasn't great at the weekend and I think Davies will take over soon.

Taylor struggled for Swansea, but with such a low ownership, I'll wait another week.

I like Cabella, but if DeJong moves into an attacking role then it is a straight swap.

I don't understand peoples urgency to get rid of Mata. A great run of fixtures ahead, with RVP to return and Welbeck not too far away either.
    Swansea had 2 months to come up with a tactical plan to deal with Utd. If I had him, I'd sit pretty for a couple of weeks before pulling the trigger on swapping him

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

Team is

De Gea, Mannone

Costa, Rooney, Bojan.

I will have changes to make eventually, as I took a number of gambles and not all will pay off. I'm tempted to give Lamela another couple of weeks. Same with Davies. Rose wasn't great at the weekend and I think Davies will take over soon.

Taylor struggled for Swansea, but with such a low ownership, I'll wait another week.

I like Cabella, but if DeJong moves into an attacking role then it is a straight swap.

I don't understand peoples urgency to get rid of Mata. A great run of fixtures ahead, with RVP to return and Welbeck not too far away either.
    Swansea had 2 months to come up with a tactical plan to deal with Utd. If I had him, I'd sit pretty for a couple of weeks before pulling the trigger on swapping him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Whats your thoughts on keeping filipe luis in the team for this week? Will he start? If I sub him out I will have to make 2 subs this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

In Exile wrote: »

Team is

De Gea, Mannone

Costa, Rooney, Bojan.

:D The excuses just keep getting better and better

I agree with you on De Jong tho! I will be putting him in for Siggy in a couple of weeks when he is back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Whats your thoughts on keeping filipe luis in the team for this week? Will he start? If I sub him out I will have to make 2 subs this week.

If your other subs are pretty solid then I would just stick with him. Decent chance of him playing I would say (not that I'm actually basing that on any solid evidence).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

If your other subs are pretty solid then I would just stick with him. Decent chance of him playing I would say (not that I'm actually basing that on any solid evidence).

It's always a risk when you consider a 4 point hit for a defender as 9 times out of 10 they will need a clean sheet to justify it. I would think that Luis will eventually become first choice LB but he may have to bide his time a little longer, as I see it the rest of the back three is settled now and Azpil seems to be popular with Mourinho. I wouldn't want Luis in my team right now but this weekend I would say Chelsea are the only team which are odds on not to concede.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It's always a risk when you consider a 4 point hit for a defender as 9 times out of 10 they will need a clean sheet to justify it. I would think that Luis will eventually become first choice LB but he may have to bide his time a little longer, as I see it the rest of the back three is settled now and Azpil seems to be popular with Mourinho. I wouldn't want Luis in my team right now but this weekend I would say Chelsea are the only team which are odds on not to concede.
    It's Ivanovic that's most at risk with the introduction of Luis. Azpilicueta is natural in right back and that's where he will play once Luis is nailed down as a starter. Ivanovic will be left to compete for the central roles

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

I'm happy with having either coleman or baines on the pitch instead of Luis.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Pretty sure I won't be making any transfers this week. Having two FT's this early in the season is a massive bonus.

Leaning the same way myself. No major issues with my team and nobody other than sterling jumping out at me. Delighted with my start, actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Looking at my team now with three relatively expensive defenders (Terry, Caulker and Lovren) and two 4m men (Wisdom and Moore) I don't have a solid three to send out this week. Terry is a banker and I'll probably play Caulker almost every week due to his goal threat. I'm thinking of ditching Lovren . Swansea have the standout fixtures if you exclude Chelsea on week 4. I'm guessing none of the 4.5m men are safe now. Rangel and Williams look solid choices though right?? Fernandez may not make this weeend otherwise he could have tempted me.
    Anyone else care to suggest an alternative (Colocinni??)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looking at my team now with three relatively expensive defenders (Terry, Caulker and Lovren) and two 4m men (Wisdom and Moore) I don't have a solid three to send out this week. Terry is a banker and I'll probably play Caulker almost every week due to his goal threat. I'm thinking of ditching Lovren . Swansea have the standout fixtures if you exclude Chelsea on week 4. I'm guessing none of the 4.5m men are safe now. Rangel and Williams look solid choices though right?? Fernandez may not make this weeend otherwise he could have tempted me.

Southampton have great fixtures coming up, would you do Lovren to Clyne? Would give you an extra .5m to play with too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Southampton Stoke Newcastle all have nice fixtures for the next 8 or so weeks.

Advertisement