Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Southampton have great fixtures coming up, would you do Lovren to Clyne? Would give you an extra .5m to play with too.

I would also be inClyned to snap him up if I were you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Looking at my team now with three relatively expensive defenders (Terry, Caulker and Lovren) and two 4m men (Wisdom and Moore) I don't have a solid three to send out this week. Terry is a banker and I'll probably play Caulker almost every week due to his goal threat. I'm thinking of ditching Lovren . Swansea have the standout fixtures if you exclude Chelsea on week 4. I'm guessing none of the 4.5m men are safe now. Rangel and Williams look solid choices though right?? Fernandez may not make this weeend otherwise he could have tempted me.
    Anyone else care to suggest an alternative (Colocinni??)

I have the same predicament myself.

My five defenders are Terry, van Aaholt, Caulker, Moore & Coloccini. Terry of course will play and Moore will be benched so that leaves me with a choice of two of:

Coloccini (away to Villa)
    van Aaholt (home to United)
    Caulker (away to Spurs)

Does anyone have clean sheet odds? No access to the ills of betting sites here in work :o

My plan was to field Coloccini and Caulker but then that means I am benching van Aaaholt who is at home. Caulker I'd be playing hoping for attacking returns more than a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Southampton have great fixtures coming up, would you do Lovren to Clyne? Would give you an extra .5m to play with too.

Good call, for some reason I had it in my head that Clyne had gone up .1m this week. My other problem with Clyne though is that what are the chances of him scoring again in the next few games:p. Is Yoshida a cert to keep his position there for 4.5m??

I would also be inClyned to snap him up if I were you :)

I had him last week on the bench and the rest of my defenders are Caulker, Collocini, Van Aanholt and Bardsley with De Gea in goal and I'm happy enough with them for now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Lemlin wrote: »

My five defenders are Terry, van Aaholt, Caulker, Moore & Coloccini. Terry of course will play and Moore will be benched so that leaves me with a choice of two of:

Caulker (away to Spurs)

Does anyone have clean sheet odds? No access to the ills of betting sites here in work :o

My plan was to field Coloccini and Caulker but then that means I am benching van Aaaholt who is at home. Caulker I'd be playing hoping for attacking returns more than a clean sheet.

Newc are 3.30
    Sund are 5.00
    QPR are 7.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Good call, for some reason I had it in my head that Clyne had gone up .1m this week. My other problem with Clyne though is that what are the chances of him scoring again in the next few games:p. Is Yoshida a cert to keep his position there for 4.5m??

southamton signed florin gardos last week he is a centre back if he gets in the team you will think YOSHIDA went with him;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »

Caulker (away to Spurs)

Similar situation with similar players. Have to choose three from van A, Caulker, Wilson, Coloccini and Hutton.

I think Hutton will be the definite. Probably Coloccini too and then will probably go with Caulker for the same reasons as you.

I'd expect United will score against Sunderland bad as they are. And while Hull away isn't the hardest fixtures Stoke will face their away form was poor enough last year if I recall.

Have I got the right three?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Having sworn all week I'd bank I'm getting tempted by a dzeko to bony - should possibly hold dzeko for next 2 then swap? Bonys next 6 or so of bony s fixtures are great. Would obviously hold as long as possible this week if doing it with the transfer window open

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

uniteds blackett whats his chance of getting game time this week,and any update on alex bruce?Want to bank transfers for next week,had a solid 63 and happy enough,but want vp next week if he gets some minutes this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭hurlingman97

Eric Lamela with 2 assists in Spurs' Europa League match.

• Advertisement

Eric Lamela with 2 assists in Spurs' Europa League match.

If he starts kinda centrally or right-ish he could make hay against Dunne on the left of the 3 man defence. It was either Monday Night Football or Goals on Sunday but there was analysis of how much Dunne wasn't suited there, or that any of the QPR's 3 centrebacks were really adept on the left or right.

Made me raise questions over having Caulker a little too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

De Jong (Newcastle) for Snodgrass perhaps!

Not too confident that he will start this weekend but if he does I reckon he will definitly score attacking points...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

So will mario increase or reduce sturridge's value?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

gufc21 wrote: »
    So will mario increase or reduce sturridge's value?

He shouldn't have any direct affect on points potential i would say. His cash value will be affected as i can see people splitting their pool forward coverage between sturridge and balotelli, especially if balotelli gets a few goals early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Gunslinger99

Looking for advice on a defender lads - have DDG; Azpi ; Chambers ; Pieters ; Taylor & R Dunne any help greatly appreciated cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Redo22

Would I be mad to sell yaya to make room for both sterling and fab?

If he starts kinda centrally or right-ish he could make hay against Dunne on the left of the 3 man defence. It was either Monday Night Football or Goals on Sunday but there was analysis of how much Dunne wasn't suited there, or that any of the QPR's 3 centrebacks were really adept on the left or right.

Made me raise questions over having Caulker a little too

I'm beginning to wonder was Caulker a good choice but then he has great fixtures and a terrific goal scoring record.

He had a header cleared off the line at the weekend.

Redo22 wrote: »
    Would I be mad to sell yaya to make room for both sterling and fab?

I'd expect fab to outscore yaya over the course of the season and that's before giving you an extra 2 million.

I think youre mad to have yaya in the first instance.

Looking at mata to silva now will wait for team news tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

To rephrase my defenders question.....

Caulker (Spurs A)
    or
    Wilson (Hull A)

Hull lacking in the strikeforce department and off the back of a trip to Belgium.

Caulker a goal threat.

Close call. Hopefully Wilson keeps his place too.

FHFC wrote: »
    To rephrase my defenders question.....

Caulker (Spurs A)
    or
    Wilson (Hull A)

Hull lacking in the strikeforce department and off the back of a trip to Belgium.

Caulker a goal threat.

Close call. Hopefully Wilson keeps his place too.
    Wilson probably a 1 in 10 chance of Caulker scoring so in that case go with the team most likely to keep a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Looking at all this caulker will probably be next out of my team

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Looking at all this caulker will probably be next out of my team

Do QPR not have a great run coming up?

roryc wrote: »
    Pretty sure I won't be making any transfers this week. Having two FT's this early in the season is a massive bonus.

It's a max 4 point bonus, the cost of a transfer.

Every point counts but I wouldn't see that as "massive" in the grand scheme of things, particularly if someone has had a good start.

I finished in the top 2k in the world last year and have had a much better start this year so I'm willing to take more risks. Go hard or go home!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

In a jiffy here...last week I put sigg on bench cause I thot utd would rule at OT being lvgs first game and lost out on some good points..

This week shd I play mutch (away to spurs) or fletcher (home to utd)..cant get my mind around this one.. 352 or 343 formation

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

sanket wrote: »
    In a jiffy here...last week I put sigg on bench cause I thot utd would rule at OT being lvgs first game and lost out on some good points..

This week shd I play mutch (away to spurs) or fletcher (home to utd)..cant get my mind around this one.. 352 or 343 formation

Fletcher all the way. Man Utd looked like they would concede on every Swansea attack last week. They won't have improved by much in a week.
    I could have put a pun in there but it's too early for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm feeling over confident this week. That is never a good sign, the weeks you expect to do well are usually total fails. Here's hoping the City v Liverpool game gets called off...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Any word on Johnny Evans yet? Is he fit to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Any word on Johnny Evans yet? Is he fit to play?

Back in training. Should know more when LVG does be press conference today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

taking out giroud for obvious reasons.

dzeko or bony to come in.

cant make mind up

Advertisement