Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

I've just joined, guilty of the Siggy love myself, but had to get rid of my old reliable Puncheon, due to red card. He seemed a pretty obvious choice at his price bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm not criticising anybody who brings Siggy in, it seems like a good move. I'm certainly not singleing you out, you have proven yourself to be a very good player. On forums like these people will always go for and discuss the flavour of the month, right now it's him. If I had known he'd play in the hole I would definitely have had him in my team, perhaps I need to pay more attention:o. As things stand he won't be in my team this week either as for some reason I'm happy with Eriksen and Arnie and will need to reshuffle a bit to get him in at a four point hit, I'm hoping it's the right decision. If Siggy has a two pointer this week he will probably go to 6.2 and no higher for the moment.
    It seems to me that two of my players (Caulker and Mata) have been somewhat written off on here though and I can't really see the evidence bar the two points next to their names which could easily have been more with a bit of luck.

I don't think Caulker has been written off on here. He's getting alot of transfers in the game itself according to FISO but I haven't seen anyone criticising him here or even transferring him. I have him and I am going to hold onto him.

Re Mata, I've already stated my reasons for going with the transfer. I would have to disagree about not being able to see the "evidence" re transferring him out though. You also need to realise that people make decisions based on teams/fixtures/tactics/managers and not just players themselves in this game. Mata had a superb end to last season but alot of his points came when Rooney and RVP were injured and both are now back. For example, iirc, one of his goals was a penalty. He won't be taking those now with the two lads available.

It's a big risk and we'll know how it turns out come Sunday but I think people are tired of reading about Juan at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Lemlin wrote: »
    I think people are tired of reading about Juan at this stage :pac:

I don't think anyone will mind if we bring him up just Juan more time though :pac:

.....I'll get me coat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Giroud out / Bony in

Taking a risk on Bony . 2 handy home games.

Siggy or Cesc as captain

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I just think it's very hard to say you got it 'wrong' after 90 mins though. It's very kneejerky imho.

For example, last year I used it week 2 (as planned due to DGW) - got RVP after week 1 double which didn't really work out at all after. People were clamouring for united players after.

Also Arsenal lost 3-1 at home, which was hardly a reflection of what was to come.

Many transferred in Soldado after his peno???

And of course I remember getting caught up in the new baps for defenders fiasco and going too heavy at the back as a result and spent weeks sorting that out!

I guess it does depend on how risky your GW1 team is though - I stayed away from Bavies, Jovetic, Luis etc for exactly this reason. That was asking for an early WC imho.

The game seems to flip flop over the forst 3/4 weeks and then settles down - If I used a WC week 1, i'd need another for week 2 & 3.

Every team is different tbh. I have an appreciation of that and that's why I don't think you can overly criticise someone for making changes. I also don't think you can criticise them for making mistakes if they have some form of reasoning behind their decision.

I could list plenty of mistakes I have made over the years. I remember taking Kompany out for Jones one year. Kompany scored that weekend and Jones was rested. The following week's transfer went on bringing Kompany back in!

I think what's more important is that you don't dwell on them. If a change is done, its done. No point lamenting and moaning if it doesn't work out.

The greatest advantage in this game for me is being able to adapt quickly. That's why I'm sitting with 3 million in the bank. If a player performs, I won't need wholesale changes to get them back in.

For example, if I do want Mata back in, at a four point hit, I can afford to downgrade Terry to a 5 mil or less defender, and I then have the 4.5 I need to upgrade Isgrove to Mata leaving me with a front five of:

Sterling Siggy Fabregas Ramsey Mata
    Costa Rooney

I'll work about that after the weekend though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    You'll have to show me where I said people should not make any changes in gameweek 1?

Obviously injuries and suspensions come into things.

My point is we've all spent hours and hours picking teams and now some people and to rip their teams to shreds because of 1 bad game.

Giroud was a very bad pick for me. Short of fitness and champions league qualifiers in between gameweeks and plus the fact he's not actually very good.

Your previous quote would indicate to me that that's how you feel. I spent hours picking my team it was a team picked for the first 7 to 8 weeks however like most on here its going to involve a team that had decent gw 1 fixtures. I started with no city players like a lot on here but knew I would have transfers to get them in. If I think I can have a better gw 2 by making a transfer it's the obvious thing to do it doesn't mean the player I'm taking out I'm writing off just I prefer another player over him this gw.Also not everyone on here would know that Giroud may not have started last week or been aware of the cl games not all posters take this as serious as a fair few of us. Despite my 1 month planning I made a mess of my team by picking 8 attacking players that id be happy to start with something in hindsight I don't want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

any thoughts on a back three from the following :

Terry ( Lei H)
    Chambers ( Eve A)
    Williams ( Bur H)
    Colocinni (AVL A)
    Huth (HUL A)

At the moment i am looking at the first three, but starting to think i would like Colocinni in there - maybe instead of Chambers

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

miller82 wrote: »
    any thoughts on a back three from the following :

Terry ( Lei H)
    Chambers ( Eve A)
    Williams ( Bur H)
    Colocinni (AVL A)
    Huth (HUL A)

At the moment i am looking at the first three, but starting to think i would like Colocinni in there - maybe instead of Chambers

thanks

I left Chambers on the bench this week. Stoke, Hull and Aston Villa have more chances of a clean sheet imo (and the odds confirmed this).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

wonski wrote: »
    I have seen few teams where wildcard is a must at this moment. If you get it wrong in GW1 you have no choice.

Let everyone play their game as they want. The more people use it now, the better for the rest of us. Especially now when prices seem to be more stable than last year.

Did DeGea to Lloris BTW. Not something I planned, but can't rely on 3 Utd players now, especially when so many people transferred Spurs defender.

I'm not trying to stop them play the game as 'they want' - it's just a good old discussion of the merits of using a WC early or not.

I find by challenging things, I learn more.

Lemlin did a good job of selling me Sterling as a result of me querying him previously - I think his input really helped me see I prob put a bit too much value on fixtures. I was dead set on getting him if Mata/United don't perform this week but then the whole Ballotelli signing has put me right off (Mario being selfish, a wasteful finsiher and Sterling not playing directly in teh whole).

So it really is about generating good discussion rather than criticising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

I do not understand the siggy train whatsoever. Fair enough if your using him to gain funds, but for points....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

IK09 wrote: »
    I do not understand the siggy train whatsoever. Fair enough if your using him to gain funds, but for points....
    He will have a great season I think. He'll be pulling all the strings in the Swansea midfield.

As for my predicament Geoff Cameron looks like he'll be in for a drop before the weekend. I was planning on banking my transfer, but I don't want to lose the value. Any suggestions for a <4.5 defender?

Ha - he was mentioned on this forum long before the season started. It was the only player I got into my team after reading the forum. The rest was my "own choice".

Last season it was Coleman who I got in for the same reason and it worked great.

6.0 mid who scores 13 points always will be transferred in by thousands of players - nothing new about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

kennyb3 wrote: »
    the whole Ballotelli signing has put me right off (Mario being selfish, a wasteful finsiher and Sterling not playing directly in teh whole).QUOTE]

This is a very good point. I definitely think Balotelli's signing will impact Sturridge and Sterling's position in the team and ultimately their ability to get me points.

This post has been deleted.

I would rather do Sturridge to Costa. He is also close to rise so better do it today;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

wonski wrote: »
    6.0 mid who scores 13 points always will be transferred in by thousands of players - nothing new about it.

Didnt realize he was being touted, my apologies, but people are making him captain...

Didnt realize he was being touted, my apologies, but people are making him captain...

I generally never captain cheap players - there is a reason I spent money on Costa, Silva and the likes.

Unnecessary risk imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Is it just me or is this forum a bit more arguey this year??

People are keeping Mata. People are selling Mata. There are very valid reasons for both.

Some people feel the need to reshape their team after week 1. Some people like to let it sit and bank the transfer. There are very valid reasons for both.

That's all I'm saying.

FHFC wrote: »

No, it isn't just you.

There are certain topics I don't want to talk about anymore.

Not to mention that the threads went completely OT. Rate My team is a good example. Generally the same topics go around all the threads at this moment.

The good news is all this will be settled very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

People are keeping Mata. People are selling Mata. There are very valid reasons for both.

Some people feel the need to reshape their team after week 1. Some people like to let it sit and bank the transfer. There are very valid reasons for both.

That's all I'm saying.

U wot m8? :mad:

Bring-it-gif.gif

:pac:

I'd call it more robust discussion right now that will probably settle down but the Mata/Sterling thing has been a bit much. Both sides have merits but it's only the 2nd week of the season and everything is still up in the air. Getting too worked up won't help anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

That's all I'm saying.

I don't think so, robust debate is usually the order of the day here. At least when we get into one on here we try to back it up without pettiness or immature I told you so's. Some of us can be quite forceful with our opinions no doubt and this will always attract replies, we all want to think we are right most of the time.
    There is abit of overkill with threads though, as someone said the Rate my team thread was a bit nuts and nobody was doing any rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I'm not criticising anybody who brings Siggy in, it seems like a good move. I'm certainly not singleing you out, you have proven yourself to be a very good player. On forums like these people will always go for and discuss the flavour of the month, right now it's him. If I had known he'd play in the hole I would definitely have had him in my team, perhaps I need to pay more attention:o. As things stand he won't be in my team this week either as for some reason I'm happy with Eriksen and Arnie and will need to reshuffle a bit to get him in at a four point hit, I'm hoping it's the right decision. If Siggy has a two pointer this week he will probably go to 6.2 and no higher for the moment.
    It seems to me that two of my players (Caulker and Mata) have been somewhat written off on here though and I can't really see the evidence bar the two points next to their names which could easily have been more with a bit of luck.

I used my free transfer to bring him in. I asked at the time what everyone saw in him as he didn't have particularly impressive points total last season, but I ignored the advice! :(. Like you say, if he had scored only 2 points, I doubt people would have bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Took a 4 point hit to get in Sigurdsson and Bony. Swansea have an easy run of games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

If mata gets double digits this weekend the forum will go into meltdown :eek:

Some will go into hiding for a bit.

Likewise if he gets a 2 pointer and sterling tears city up!

It will be an interesting weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

This forum has made the games more interesting simply for the mata/fab divide :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

This forum has made the games more interesting simply for the mata/fab divide :pac:

I don't have that problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I don't think so, robust debate is usually the order of the day here. At least when we get into one on here we try to back it up without pettiness or immature I told you so's.

Yeah, look I don't want to tell people what to post or not post. I don't do Internet forums as everything pretty much descends as you describe while this place definitely doesn't, hence I have 2,000 (yikes!) posts in less than a year.

It's just that i feel too many posts across all threads over the week can be boiled down to "what everyone else but me is doing is madness" and the subsequent replies from those who disagree, and are not really of much general interest. I don't think it was as much like that last season, although I didn't stumble in here till around week 4, so maybe it's the early season influx of posters and the novelty of having FPL back in our lives to obsess about and it'll settle down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

This forum actually makes the game completely addictive. Personally I don't care about the prizes but it's great to be proven right from time to time:p
    How many of us were "casuals" before we stumbled in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

That's all I'm saying.

Eh, you're not allowed make reasonable, sensible comments like this. Did you not get the memo? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

zarquon wrote: »
    If mata gets double digits this weekend the forum will go into meltdown :eek:

Some will go into hiding for a bit.

Likewise if he gets a 2 pointer and sterling tears city up!

It will be an interesting weekend.

It's all a load of nonsense with mata whatever way it goes. Siggy fab hazard ramsey sterling silva nasri sanchez eriksen are all at a similar level we can only have 5 of those in our team however the majority of this forum have deemed mata a must have . If I do sell Mata and he tears it up as he could well do I won't be going hiding as I would've went with the 5 above that I thought were most likely to score this week.

Advertisement