Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭G1032

I sold Mata earlier this week but I think I'll bring him back in tonight. Just in case he burns it up like...................

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

G1032 wrote: »
    I sold Mata earlier this week but I think I'll bring him back in tonight. Just in case he burns it up like...................

Safe move.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

zarquon wrote: »
    If mata gets double digits this weekend the forum will go into meltdown :eek:

Some will go into hiding for a bit.

Likewise if he gets a 2 pointer and sterling tears city up!

It will be an interesting weekend.

I am now expecting both **** (I can't mention his name anymore!) and Sterling to return a solid two points each.

That's what inevitably happens when these discussions get heated e.g. captain choice between Aguero and Suarez last year and both returned 2 points!

I really think some people need to take a chill pill though. Using phrases like players getting "burned" or that decisions are "ridiculous" is going a bit over the top IMO. Emotive language like that is just going to annoy others.
    It's all a load of nonsense with mata whatever way it goes. Siggy fab hazard ramsey sterling silva nasri sanchez eriksen are all at a similar level we can only have 5 of those in our team however the majority of this forum have deemed mata a must have . If I do sell Mata and he tears it up as he could well do I won't be going hiding as I would've went with the 5 above that I thought were most likely to score this week.

Well said. I won't be going into hiding either, far from it. Everyone makes errors. The game is about getting more decisions right than wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Anyone for sterling -> Eriksen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Considering puncheon/giroud for sigurdsson/bony for a hit. Yeah or nay?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

auldgranny wrote: »
    Considering puncheon/giroud for sigurdsson/bony for a hit. Yeah or nay?

Punch to Siggy I would say yes. But don't think I'd go Giroud to Bony for a hit to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

If you have made transfers (points hit) in a week and confirmed them but later decide to use wild card are the earlier confirmed points hits removed by the wild card?

Rosco79 wrote: »
    If you have made transfers (points hit) in a week and confirmed them but later decide to use wild card are the earlier confirmed points hits removed by the wild card?

Yes, they are indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Rosco79 wrote: »

yes they are, you will have no deduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭auldgranny

Punch to Siggy I would say yes. But don't think I'd go Giroud to Bony for a hit to be honest.

Thanks can't afford siggy without the hit. Think I will just bank the transfer and look at it next week

• Advertisement

Thanks can't afford siggy without the hit. Think I will just bank the transfer and look at it next week

Are you sure?? Giroud and Bony are the same price!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Haven't heard news in while,is Giroud injured and how long for??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Well Giroud and Bony are the same price, so you still won't be able to afford Siggy if you do that transfer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 markhogan

Rojo may make a spot in my team but thinking strongly on mata too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Well Giroud and Bony are the same price, so you still won't be able to afford Siggy if you do that transfer.

I think he meant -4, nothing to do with price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I just hope Mata doesn't get over 2 points or this forum will become unbearable!

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I just hope Mata doesn't get over 2 points or this forum will become unbearable!

Okay folks, I'm not a mod, but I suggest the words "Juan Mata" are banned for 72 hours :pac:

Considering there are 20 PL clubs and each has 25 registered PL players, that leaves 499 other players to talk about....

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭twam2008

Talk of Giroud and £32m being offered to PSG for Cavani. Should probably sub him just in case :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

twam2008 wrote: »
    Talk of Giroud and £32m being offered to PSG for Cavani. Should probably sub him just in case :o

He's playing terribly and Everton dominated the game last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

Giroud will not be a good enough main striker

• Advertisement

Lemlin wrote: »
    Okay folks, I'm not a mod, but I suggest the words "Juan Mata" are banned for 72 hours :pac:

Considering there are 20 PL clubs and each has 25 registered PL players, that leaves 499 other players to talk about....

If you search this thread using the word "Mata" there are 153 results, those aren't quotes or anything. I only joined this thread on Wednesday, I didn't realise it was so bad.

RVP and Evans back for United. FFS have them in their predicted line up. Valencia also back so United should be a good bit more solid this weekend.

FFS also have Luis to start for Chelsea with Azpi the one down to miss out.

De Jong also makes the Newcastle squad and FFS have him down to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Oranage2 wrote: »

By that token it'll be just as unbearable if he who must not be named gets 2 or less.

I think it's clear we're reaching saturation point by now though, or well I hope so anyway and I hope everyone does well this GW and then it won't Mata :)

United team news:

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Aug/Team-news-for-Sunderland-v-United.aspx

Evans, van Persie back.

Rojo, Fellaini, Herrera and Lingard unavailable.

Sunderland team news and an interesting quote from Poyet:

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/sunderland/read_article/11428291._/?
    “He's (Vergini) available, which is great news and Billy Jones is back,” Poyet revealed. “Our back four last week was a different one to the one we wanted to play - hopefully we'll be back to basics this week.”

TotalFPL have their back 4 down as Vergini, O'Shea, Brown, van Aanholt.
    FFS have it down as Jones, O'Shea, Brown, van Aanholt.

Stoke:

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Hull-early-Moses-Cameron-Odemwingie/story-22801897-detail/story.html

Cameron & Odemwingie back in contention.
    Stephen Ireland out for a few weeks with a broken rib.

Both FFS and TotalFPL expect Charlie Adam to come in for him.

By that token it'll be just as unbearable if he who must not be named gets 2 or less.

I think it's clear we're reaching saturation point by now though, or well I hope so anyway and I hope everyone does well this GW and then it won't Mata :)

Let's hope some cheapie knocks in a hat trick and we can all just transfer him in next week....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

Shane long to score 5!

Liverpool team news:

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/169365-markovic-and-moreno-available-on-monday

Moreno and Markovic available.
    Enrique still touch and go, Flanagan and Lallana out. Lallana approaching a return though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Anyone tempted by Schürrle?

Advertisement