Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Tommy54

I really want to pick him but the chances of him not starting are high

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

thewools wrote: »
    Anyone tempted by Schürrle?

I was tempted during the week but I've cooled on him again, it always happens. He seems to be in pole position but it seems to me that he's one mediocre performance or possibly a good performance from Willian or Salah away from falling back into a rotational spot. Hazard and Oscar certainly seem safer in their spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Tommy54 wrote: »
    I really want to pick him but the chances of him not starting are high

FWIW both FFS and TotalFPL have him listed to play in their potential line-ups.

That midfield can change so quick you never really know

Lemlin wrote: »
    FWIW both FFS and TotalFPL have him listed to play in their potential line-ups.

I have little doubt that he'll start this week but there's a lot to be said for having a squad of players that you can have confidence of starting 90% of games they are available for. Schurrle appears to be a 60% man. Shame as well as he's a savage point grabber when he plays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I had a dream that Willian joined Hull on loan last night. So if/when that happens then Schurrle might be more viable :cool:

I think you should go for fab instead he'll be a guaranteed starter most weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I think you should go for fab instead he'll be a guaranteed starter most weeks

Hardly that simple. One costs 7.5m the other 9.1m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Lemlin wrote: »
    RVP and Evans back for United. FFS have them in their predicted line up. Valencia also back so United should be a good bit more solid this weekend.

Do you know who else will be playing for United? Begins with an "M" ;)

Know any descent swaps for hererra?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Know any descent swaps for hererra?

Tadic, Cabella and De Jong would be my top 3 picks at that price range (assuming 7.5 is your limit and you have Siggy).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

Any thoughts on a swap of silva for Fabregas? Chelsea's next 5 look a lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I had a dream that Willian joined Hull on loan last night. So if/when that happens then Schurrle might be more viable :cool:
    You have weird dreams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

gufc21 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on a swap of silva for Fabregas? Chelsea's next 5 look a lot easier.

I'd wager that Fabregas is gonna be essential this season. He's hit the ground running. Who else is in your midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Guffy

Sig, sterling, fab/silva, Ramsey, bentaleb

1.5 in bank

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

qwabercd wrote: »
    Tadic, Cabella and De Jong would be my top 3 picks at that price range (assuming 7.5 is your limit and you have Siggy).

All 3 are new faces and have a great scoring record from their previous clubs last season... But the premier league is a big step up for all 3, and none are playing with the so call "BIG" Teams... So goal chances and possession will be limited in alot of games..

Cabella looked decent last week V City, very similar style to Ben Arfa (where he gone?).

Tadic similar, possibly the Saints penalty taker and a great goal ratio last season.

De Jong is another interesting one - could be playing behind the striker or even as a striker possibly.. But unlikely that he will start I reckon...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Will Taylor hold onto his spot for Swansea?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Not a transfer question as such but I have these four guys in y squad and am not sure which two to play... Very strongly covered with the rest of the team

Have to pick two from...

Caulker (v spurs away)
    Bruce ( v stoke home)
    Bojan ( v hull away)
    Chambers ( v Everton away)

Thoughts on which combo to go for?

A lad from work took an eight point hit today! He had no Chelsea players so I'd guess he loaded up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,211 ✭✭✭✭km79

3rd time lucky
    bony for jovetic or bank ?

• Advertisement

Just made my transfer for the week. I've let Lovren go and brought in Clyne, should get some value from him over the next 11 weeks when Spurs (titter) are the only potential top 6 team they play. Going without Sigurdsson for at least one more week, I'm gonna see how Arnie does this weekend as he's the most natural swap for Siggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Not a transfer question as such but I have these four guys in y squad and am not sure which two to play... Very strongly covered with the rest of the team

Have to pick two from...

Caulker (v spurs away)
    Bruce ( v stoke home)
    Bojan ( v hull away)
    Chambers ( v Everton away)

Thoughts on which combo to go for?

Bruce has been traded. Not showing on website yet.

km79 wrote: »
    3rd time lucky
    bony for jovetic or bank ?

I wouldn't bank it anyway, I'd do it if it didn't mean a 4 point hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,049 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thinking of shipping Giroud out. Very tough run of fixtures but who to get in? Bony has nice fixtures as does Riviere and even Ade or maybe even Pelle? Transfer now or save it for 2 transfers next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I need a replacement for the departed javi Garcia 4.5m.Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

twam2008 wrote: »
    Talk of Giroud and £32m being offered to PSG for Cavani. Should probably sub him just in case :o

I am watching Evian-PSG right now and Cavani is playing. Not saying it won't happen, but if there was a chance of leaving at such a short period I would expect him to be benched.

Zlatan is on holidays though, so you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

Sturridge or Costa? will have £2m in bank if I get rid of Sturridge but I could reinvest it next week or should I maybe wait for a double transfer? Costa seems too risky to not have..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Sturridge or Costa? will have £2m in bank if I get rid of Sturridge but I could reinvest it next week or should I maybe wait for a double transfer? Costa seems too risky to not have..

Costa is a must have at this stage.

I don't rate Liverpool to be capable of destroying City.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭GillespieRoad

I need a replacement for the departed javi Garcia 4.5m.Thoughts?

Cattermole is an ever present for Sunderland is you want to take the risk on his tendency to get red cards but pop up with points. Leicester have horrible fixtures so I would stay away from them. Maybe a qpr/burnley/wanyama?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Big Borg wrote: »
    Bruce has been traded. Not showing on website yet.

What do you mean by "traded"?

Advertisement