Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banking direct debit... Help!

Options
  • 16-08-2014 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭

My mortgage dd comes out on the 18th of each month
    However this months it's come out on the 15th
    The guy in the current account bank says since sepa he has seen this occur
    I am pretty annoyed about it:mad:
    Is this the sending or receiving banks fault as I want to make a complaint?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

DD is under control of receiving bank. Making a complaint will be ultimately futile but receiving bank is who you complain to if you are going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Are you with PTSB by any chance? Whenever I have a direct debit that is due Monday, it is gone from my account on Friday evening, dated for the Monday coming. As the banks don't do a direct debit run on Sunday night, it has to come out on Friday night now. If it waited until Monday it would actually be part of the Monday night run and therefore be late. A pain, but I have gotten used to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭fisherking

It was
    Never happened us before....
    Thanks for the heads up guys

mel.b wrote: »
    Are you with PTSB by any chance? Whenever I have a direct debit that is due Monday, it is gone from my account on Friday evening, dated for the Monday coming. As the banks don't do a direct debit run on Sunday night, it has to come out on Friday night now. If it waited until Monday it would actually be part of the Monday night run and therefore be late. A pain, but I have gotten used to it now.

Advertisement