Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Declaring a classic off the road - online possible?

Options
  • 16-08-2014 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Guy folks,

Last year I declared two classic (1980) cars off the road via the RF150 form at my local tax office.

Earlier this week I received a reminder form from advising my the my SORD was due to expire and that I had 3 options,

1. tax it,
    2. Declare it off the road via the RF150 form
    3. Declare it off the road online

However I wasn't provided with a pin for use on motortax.ie for the vehicle. When I tried a manual retrieval of the pin it stated that I could not be processed online. Anyone else have difficulties with classics and motortax.ie?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Got the same renewal forms here. (5 of them) None had a pin number. printed off a few rf150 forms from the Net and filled them up and stuck them in the post yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

thanks Nekarsulm for your info.

I guess they don't allow SORD declarations for classics online. I've just filled out a paper RF150 form and will post on Monday.

I wonder why it can't be done online though. Anyone know?

I think you only get a pin number for something that has been taxed within the last ten or so years. I have a number of old tractors about the farm, with the old brown tax book. none have been taxed since about 1999 and none of them got a pin number on the renewal form. newer ones with the new Registration document had a pin.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Some people got a PIN. Others didn't.

See this very recent thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057265627

And this recent one too: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057227470

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    I think you only get a pin number for something that has been taxed within the last ten or so years. I have a number of old tractors about the farm, with the old brown tax book. none have been taxed since about 1999 and none of them got a pin number on the renewal form. newer ones with the new Registration document had a pin.

I think that's it, the only one I got the pin for was the one already on their computer since before SORD.
    You would think that since everything is now on their computer that they would have learned how to merge spread sheets and give everything on SORD equal status, i.e. they all get a PIN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Big Red Fella

hi5 wrote: »
    I think that's it, the only one I got the pin for was the one already on their computer since before SORD.
    You would think that since everything is now on their computer that they would have learned how to merge spread sheets and give everything on SORD equal status, i.e. they all get a PIN.

Nope im afraid all mine are on the computer & i only got pin numbers for 4 & had to go to tax office for the other 3 one of which was last taxed in 2008 ????
    they aint got a clue!

And of course a commercial will not have a pin number printed, because you need to show the DOE cert before you can tax it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

The PIN number is 'given' in the system as in the motor tax issue a pin in their system. It's issued and is on the renewal tax form when it is posted out. All the older regs wie, and the like have not been updated due to the back log not enough staff work load what have you.Retrieving the pin is if your dog ate it ,kid spilled milk on it whatever. The way it's written is wrong. I had to go to the tax office to do 3 older reg cars. I had the renewal forms with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭DakarVert

Renewal pins are pot luck TBH.

Even with a renewal pin, Website is crap as I keep getting a time out error.

Advertisement