Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want my line un-blocked!

Options
  • 16-08-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

I recently moved into a new house (as a tenant). 
    When I went to get a broadband connection with Vodafone they told me they are unable to set up a connection to my house as Eircome has a block on the line. 

Turns out the previous tenant had signed up with Eircome, but pretty much as soon as he moved in to the house his job fell through and he moved back to where he lived previously. All in all he only lived here 2 days and he cancelled his contract with Eircome before they'd even come out to install his modem etc.

However, yesterday a bill came through from Eircome for the previous tenant (I called him and he allowed me to open the letter) where they are billing him for line rental and installations etc - but he never had anything installed and has never used the service!

So what am I to do now? I'm living in this house 3 weeks and still haven't been able to get the broadband service of my choice. How do I get Eircome to un-block the line??

Many thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Pippa! wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently moved into a new house (as a tenant). 
    When I went to get a broadband connection with Vodafone they told me they are unable to set up a connection to my house as Eircome has a block on the line. 

Turns out the previous tenant had signed up with Eircome, but pretty much as soon as he moved in to the house his job fell through and he moved back to where he lived previously. All in all he only lived here 2 days and he cancelled his contract with Eircome before they'd even come out to install his modem etc.

However, yesterday a bill came through from Eircome for the previous tenant (I called him and he allowed me to open the letter) where they are billing him for line rental and installations etc - but he never had anything installed and has never used the service!

So what am I to do now? I'm living in this house 3 weeks and still haven't been able to get the broadband service of my choice. How do I get Eircome to un-block the line??

Many thanks!

Hi Pippa!

The installation of line is in some cases done remotely (switched on from eircoms side). The situation may be that the line was switched on from eircoms side which means the account was opened.

The account holder (previous tenant) must contact the cancellations team on free phone 1901 to arrange the account closure - you will be unable to do this on the previous tenants behalf.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Pippa!

Thanks or your reply Al.

The account was cancelled. The previous tenant cancelled it before the engineer even called out to install the hardware. He never used the service.

That's why I'm now so surprised to see a bill for him. For both equipment and etalk & efibre!

How do I get Eircom to swith OFF the line?

And either way, the previous tenant no longer lives here, I DO! And surely I must be free to chose a provider of my choice no matter who the previous tenant signed up with!

Thanks or your reply Al.

The account was cancelled. The previous tenant cancelled it before the engineer even called out to install the hardware. He never used the service.

That's why I'm now so surprised to see a bill for him. For both equipment and etalk & efibre!

How do I get Eircom to swith OFF the line?

And either way, the previous tenant no longer lives here, I DO! And surely I must be free to chose a provider of my choice no matter who the previous tenant signed up with!
    Hi Pippa!

If you could PM me the address I will be able to look in to thisa further.

Thanks
    Al

Al, any joy looking into this?

Al, any joy looking into this?
    Hi Pippa!

I'm sorry this is taking so long, I had escalated this to the efibre escalations department to request immediate closure however I have not had an update on this yet - I will keep chasing this up for you and update you as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Al,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Listen, I really need to have this sorted this week, any chance you could give me the phone number for the escalations dept and the case reference? I don't mind following up myself, as I said, this has to be sorted this week!

Many thanks

Al,

Thanks for getting back to me on this. Listen, I really need to have this sorted this week, any chance you could give me the phone number for the escalations dept and the case reference? I don't mind following up myself, as I said, this has to be sorted this week!

Many thanks
    Hi Pippa!

Apologies for the delay, I'll hopefully have more news on this for you later on today

Thanks
    Al

Al,

I still haven't heard anything back on this! 

I would apreciate if you could look into it again. In hte last week I've spoken to your customer service twice (45 mins each time! they sure like putting you on hold!) and both times I've been promised the account would be deactivated within 24 hours. However, it is still active. I'd say the matter has been escalated 5 times at this stage, and still none can do anything and is equally unable to put me on to anyone who can!
    Please do something? I've been waiting 6 weeks at this stage.

Al,

I still haven't heard anything back on this! 

I would apreciate if you could look into it again. In hte last week I've spoken to your customer service twice (45 mins each time! they sure like putting you on hold!) and both times I've been promised the account would be deactivated within 24 hours. However, it is still active. I'd say the matter has been escalated 5 times at this stage, and still none can do anything and is equally unable to put me on to anyone who can!
    Please do something? I've been waiting 6 weeks at this stage.
    Hi Pippa!

I'm genuinely sorry to hear it's not been closed yet, I had previously received assurances that this will be arranged, please leave this with me and I will get back as soon as possible

Thanks
    Al

Hi Al,
    I'm still waiting!
    P

• Advertisement

Hello Pippa

This has been escalated to management in the efibre escalations unit and I have been informed that this will be ceased very soon, I understand that the ongoing delays with this have caused a lot of inconvenience so far and I apologise for this. I will keep my eye on this until it has been ceased Pippa.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement