Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Technical Graphics in 2nd Year

• 16-08-2014 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

School is starting soon, and I am very anxious to know.
    I am going into 2nd Year in a new school. My past school did not have Tech Graph so I requested the school to see if I could switch art, for Tech Graph. It has not been confirmed that I got the subject, although it's most likely I got it. I have around 10 days to catch up before school, and I just want to know what equipment do I need, and will I catch up quick? I am very good at drawing and maths, so will it be easier to understand?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Try to find out what book they are using and get it. Then have a good look through it before going back. You'll find it difficult at first but, with hard work you will have no problem catching up.

Normally a set like this is what students get.

Good luck.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Make sure you don't miss any classes in the first few weeks and ask the TG teacher to set you a few small exercises to get you up to speed. If you work at it, you won't be the bottom of the class by Christmas, I guarantee it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭dmc17

If you have an interest in it and have a natural ability for it then you should have no problems. I was good at it in secondary school but I'm hopeless at art.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

First year TG is very basic stuff, nothing that you couldn't catch up on within a few weeks. Second year doesn't even start off too bad, with the gradual progression of difficulty gradually introducing itself. Ask your teacher when you go back, and they will soon help you get up to speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Chloe14

Alright, thank you everyone. I really appreciate it! I tried the sample pages of Technical Graphics 3rd Edition... and it's pretty easy. I covered the angles chapter in maths. Now it's most definite I will catch up!

• Advertisement
Advertisement