Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

km79 wrote: »
    I whole heartedly agree !

Not ideal to sell him but Hazard is his likely replacement. I also have Pelle as cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Looks like Mata could be dropping again tonight which would leave him at 8.4!!

This gives me a sad that he's gone so low but a happy that he could be an absolute bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Looks like Mata could be dropping again tonight which would leave him at 8.4!!

This gives me a sad that he's gone so low but a happy that he could be an absolute bargain.

hmmm, ADM > Mata would leave me with a handy 1.8 to upgrade elsewhere on the team. Food for thought for sure

KevIRL wrote: »
    hmmm, ADM > Mata would leave me with a handy 1.8 to upgrade elsewhere on the team. Food for thought for sure

A few other similar type notions are probably dropping tonight.
    Santi drops to 8.1
    Schurrle drops to 7.2

Not for immediate consideration but all 3 are quality players that could come into FPL contention if there gametime picks up/teammates get injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Aguero and Tadic have risen. In price that is :pac:

Fallers include Mata, Schurrle, McGregor and Cazorla.

• Advertisement

Probable risers tonight:
    Chambers, Wanyama, Sanchez & Austin

Plenty of fallers too: can't remember them all
    ADM, Lamela, Eriksen, Nolan and a few more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

PARlance wrote: »
    Probable risers tonight:
    Chambers, Wanyama, Sanchez & Austin

Plenty of fallers too: can't remember them all
    ADM, Lamela, Eriksen, Nolan and a few more

Chambers? He would have to go up twice so I can make another 0.1 when selling him. These yellow cards are too much to take, and he won't score again anytime soon.

I also doubt he is even close to rise after his last game.

wonski wrote: »
    Chambers? He would have to go up twice so I can make another 0.1 when selling him. These yellow cards are too much to take, and he won't score again anytime soon.

I also doubt he is even close to rise after his last game.

Yip, he was very close to a rise last night, then about 7,000 people brought him in before the game today. And since his 0, another 1,500 have brought him in!!!!!
    Madness but I've him since 4.5 and it'll make 0.2 profit that I'll probably cash in over the next few weeks if he stays there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Austin rising was not part of my masterplan :(. People can't wait :pac:...

Price risers tonight are in:
    Wanyama, Austin and Mr 0 points Chambers.

Loads of fallers:
    ADM and Lamela the highest profile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Is Yun of QPR near rising?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Lemlin wrote: »

Is he guaranteed a starting place now or what?? I need to sell PVA tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

took a chance on a 4 point hit yesterday; don't normally go a bit mental like that.

Cesc ----> Sanchez
    Lamela ----> Chadli.

saved myself 0.2 in one night with Sanchez going up tonight again I'm sure.

will now be shítting myself until next weekend though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

What are your thoughts on Baines now? I resisted him three weeks ago and I was doing more than ok with that till this week when he screwed me.

I am thinking of going with 2 mid price mids (Downing and Chadli or Sig) and getting him in for Moore with the saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

FHFC wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on Baines now? I resisted him three weeks ago and I was doing more than ok with that till this week when he screwed me.

I am thinking of going with 2 mid price mids (Downing and Chadli or Sig) and getting him in for Moore with the saving.

I said it on here a number of weeks back..

All aboard the Baines Train!!

3rd highest point scorer in the game and he is a snip at £7m!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I said it on here a number of weeks back..

All aboard the Baines Train!!

3rd highest point scorer in the game and he is a snip at £7m!!

Agreed, I got him in when they had united and liverpool. I just look at him as a 6th midfielder and a defender I can play every week without thinking about; its easier to stomach having that much money tied up in a defender then!

If he doesn't keep a cleansheet then he's just 1 pen away from a high score. He won't keep up these returns of late but he won't be too far off either

I think I'm going to hold off. How many pens has he had this season? Surely he can't keep getting them. His name isn't Stevie G!

He was very close to missing the penalty yesterday too. It's the fine margins in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I think I'm going to hold off. How many pens has he had this season? Surely he can't keep getting them. His name isn't Stevie G!

He was very close to missing the penalty yesterday too. It's the fine margins in this game.

I think he's only scored 1 pen (also missed 1) But there's more to his current scores than just his penalties. His 6 assists and 3 cleanies account for 30 of his points. He also has 9 Bps in games that he hasn't scored in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think he's only scored 1 pen (also missed 1) But there's more to his current scores than just his penalties. His 6 assists and 3 cleanies account for 30 of his points. He also has 9 Bps in games that he hasn't scored in.

He also scored a penalty against Palace and picked up all 3 baps despite conceding 3 goals.

If we're making an "essential" list, I think he has to be in the top 3 behind Aguero and Sanchez based on current form and lack of cleanies besides the Southampton defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

He also scored a penalty against Palace and picked up all 3 baps despite conceding 3 goals.

If we're making an "essential" list, I think he has to be in the top 3 behind Aguero and Sanchez based on current form and lack of cleanies besides the Southampton defence.

Only Aguero and Sanchez have scored more than him this season so far, and Aguero is almost twice the price. Baines scored next to nothing in the first 3 gameweeks (GW 1-3 he had a total of 3 pts) but since his fixtures have turned favourable I think he is a must have.
    You'd pay 10+ million for a midfielder or striker who scores as much as him.

• Advertisement

menoscemo wrote: »
    Only Aguero and Sanchez have scored more than him this season so far, and Aguero is almost twice the price. Baines scored next to nothing in the first 3 gameweeks (GW 1-3 he had a total of 3 pts) but since his fixtures have turned favourable I think he is a must have.
    You'd pay 10+ million for a midfielder or striker who scores as much as him.

Will he keep it up though? His scoring recently has been phenomenal. I know he regularly finishes as top scoring defender but I don't expect him to keep giving these explosive returns tbh.

Like Rooney, in the eight years I'm playing the game I have rarely owned Baines. I'll have to wait at least another two weeks to get him in this year. He is killing me though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Like Rooney, in the eight years I'm playing the game I have rarely owned Baines. I'll have to wait at least another two weeks to get him in this year. He is killing me though!
    I always find Europa league high scorers "kill me" also, flying along on a Saturday evening, then all the Sunday 1.30 kickoffs end up giving back the ground. Over a weekend it balances out, but when they play on the second day it feels much worse. Adebayor last year was my nemesis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Will he keep it up though? His scoring recently has been phenomenal. I know he regularly finishes as top scoring defender but I don't expect him to keep giving these explosive returns tbh.

That's the million Dollar question right there, as the song says you got to know when to hold them and when to fold them.
    I have a feeling anyone jumping on now might have already missed the boat. I will have no Problems dropping him in the future (and buying back) if the form/fixtures dictate it to be a wise move. He hasn't risen (surprisingly) by too much as to worry about not being able to afford him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

menoscemo wrote: »
    That's the million Dollar question right there, as the song says you got to know when to hold them and when to fold them.
    I have a feeling anyone jumping on now might have already missed the boat. I will have no Problems dropping him in the future (and buying back) if the form/fixtures dictate it to be a wise move. He hasn't risen (surprisingly) by too much as to worry about not being able to afford him back.

But here's the thing - i said it a few weeks back, Everton are not keep clean sheets on a regular basis, so you need him to score a goal or get assist + bonus to make up for them conceding.

If folk have choice of say Baines + 4.5m defender, or Bertrand and say Azpil or someone else - loads of choice. then the Baines option not necessarily a must have. or alternatively use the money to upgrade elsewhere.

You talk about you have no problems dropping him in the future, but for 7m - i don't think you can realistically get a player in of his quality and then talk about dropping him - as you can only be buying him for his attacking qualities/on peno duty as defence is poor. You can't foresee when a team will get a penalty and when they won't.

If you classify Baines as a must have behind the likes of Augero/Costa, then you should be treating him the same - i.e. stays in your team for the season unless injured imo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    But here's the thing - i said it a few weeks back, Everton are not keep clean sheets on a regular basis, so you need him to score a goal or get assist + bonus to make up for them conceding.

If folk have choice of say Baines + 4.5m defender, or Bertrand and say Azpil or someone else - loads of choice. then the Baines option not necessarily a must have. or alternatively use the money to upgrade elsewhere.

You talk about you have no problems dropping him in the future, but for 7m - i don't think you can realistically get a player in of his quality and then talk about dropping him - as you can only be buying him for his attacking qualities/on peno duty as defence is poor. You can't foresee when a team will get a penalty and when they won't.

If you classify Baines as a must have behind the likes of Augero/Costa, then you should be treating him the same - i.e. stays in your team for the season unless injured imo

I think the remarkable thing about Baines is that he has so many points in spite of 3 cleanies for Everton; if he scores the penalty against ManU he's probably the top scoring player in the game right now.
    Baines stays in my team until they have a terrible run of fixtures or I have no other avenue of raising funds to upgrade my front 7. Only negative against Baines is that I wouldn't captain him compared to a heavy hitting mid or forward.

I think the remarkable thing about Baines is that he has so many points in spite of 3 cleanies for Everton; if he scores the penalty against ManU he's probably the top scoring player in the game right now.
    Baines stays in my team until they have a terrible run of fixtures or I have no other avenue of raising funds to upgrade my front 7. Only negative against Baines is that I wouldn't captain him compared to a heavy hitting mid or forward.

If Everton were to keep clean sheets, then he would be a must have. As it stands he's a good buy, but you could have doubled up on say 2 southampton players for the last few weeks, and probably would be on more points. Only 25% of players have him which shows that many do not view him as essential must have type player - he's gone up 0.3 from what he started at.

Looking at their fixture the only "bad" run coms in February.

It is an interesting point regarding the captaincy point you made.
    Anyway probably not the right thread for discussion

If Everton were to keep clean sheets, then he would be a must have. As it stands he's a good buy, but you could have doubled up on say 2 southampton players for the last few weeks, and probably would be on more points. Only 25% of players have him which shows that many do not view him as essential must have type player - he's gone up 0.3 from what he started at.

I've had Baines and two Saints defenders for the last three weeks :). Aguero was also only on 25% ownership overall; 50% of the top 10k this past GW had Baines, which is a better barometer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Actually, Baines + Wisdom outscored Bertrand + Clyne by 1 point over the last 4 weeks!

It's a good point you make though. However, Southampton's fixtures take a turn for the worse after the next GW, so can't see many sticking with that option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Baines is nearly always the top defender every season, he is a must have every year

• Advertisement

Warper wrote: »
    Baines is nearly always the top defender every season, he is a must have every year

No, he's not. I've finished inside the top 12k the last four seasons in a row and have never had him for any noticeable period of time any year.

He is generally one of the top scoring defenders (I think players like Kompany or Coleman beat him some years) but he's usually highly priced. That has to be taken into consideration.

Must haves would be lads you will captain regularly like Suarez and Aguero.

I've had Baines and two Saints defenders for the last three weeks :). Aguero was also only on 25% ownership overall; 50% of the top 10k this past GW had Baines, which is a better barometer.

But you didn't have Sanchez, and apparently 77% of the top 10k have him...;)

Swings and roundabouts, you can have costa/Aguero/Baines/Sanchez/Hazard/Fab all in one team, but the rest of you team mightn't be up to much - it's all about balance at the end of the day.

Swings and roundabouts, you can have costa/Aguero/Baines/Sanchez/Hazard/Fab all in one team, but the rest of you team mightn't be up to much - it's all about balance at the end of the day.

Very true :(. I didn't lose too much though from people with Sanchez+Chambers starting compared to my Cesc+Bertrand, and it's sorted for next GW. Costa though :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

I have all of them and have moved up the guts of 400,000 places in the last few weeks.

Warper wrote: »

He certainly wasn't last year when Coleman was available at 5.5 iirc compared to Baines at 7. Coleman outscored him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

No, he's not. I've finished inside the top 12k the last four seasons in a row and have never had him for any noticeable period of time any year.

He is generally one of the top scoring defenders (I think players like Kompany or Coleman beat him some years) but he's usually highly priced. That has to be taken into consideration.

let's not compare him to Suarez or Aguero. in fairness :p he's a high-priced defender who has consistently scored well for a long time now. there's so many squad variables. every season. had you had him in your teams the last 4 seasons would you have achieved better finishes? we don't know. that's the simple answer. this season so far, to my memory anyway, is the best form he's ever showed in terms of attacking returns. even taking away the 2 penos scored, he has 6 assists in 11. that's pretty phenomenal for a full back, and has to be an indicator of form, in an attacking sense anyway. take away the southampton lads (who's fixtures get a hell of alot tougher from now on), and baines is 21 points ahead of the next highest scoring defender. and that's with just 3 clean sheets from 11, and a missed peno (a rare thing in itself). be interesting to see how things pan out for the rest of the season, but for now he's providing superb bang-for-buck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Nearly always.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf, Baines is the 3rd highest scoring player in the game, and even though he's expensive for a defender, he's much less than what midfielders or forwards cost and he still scores similar or better than them.

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

What are the predictions for tonight lads, if any? Very tempted to get Baines and Chadli in for Wilson and Fabregas and any potential price change for them will be a big factor!

I see your point but in that case a must have defender is an impossible association of words ;) ... since you'll never captain a def unless you're the gambler of all gamblers :pac:.

---

Anyway, to be back on topic:
    • FPLS have Sánchez rising and Eriksen, Nolan, Dier, Paulinho and Noble dropping tonight.

• Fiso have Sánchez, Rooney, and possibly Barkley and Cork (Chadli's close too) rising and too many dropping...

• FFF have Sánchez rising tonight (Chadli tomorrow) and Ulloa, Eriksen, Nolan, Paulinho, Agbonlahor and Hangeland dropping tonight (Jovetic tomorrow).

langer91 wrote: »
    What are the predictions for tonight lads, if any? Very tempted to get Baines and Chadli in for Wilson and Fabregas and any potential price change for them will be a big factor!

Sanchez the only rise predicted on FFFix tonight, but Chadli is close and predicted too go tomorrow night so it's not impossible he'd go tonight.

Contemplating a similar move. I'm afraid of Baines now and I think with two or three performing sub 7m mids Baines + Chadli/Siggy could match or beat in my case Moore + ADM.

I've a bit to spare cash wise on it so will probably let Chadli rise go so I can think about it and leave it hopefully till after the internationals. Transfers will slow down a lot from now till the middle of next week anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

iroced wrote: »
    I see your point but in that case a must have defender is an impossible association of words ;) ... since you'll never captain a def unless you're the gambler of all gamblers :pac:.

---

Anyway, to be back on topic:
    • FPLS have Sánchez rising and Eriksen, Nolan, Dier, Paulinho and Noble dropping tonight.

• Fiso have Sánchez, Rooney, and possibly Barkley and Cork (Chadli's close too) rising and too many dropping...

• FFF have Sánchez rising tonight (Chadli tomorrow) and Ulloa, Eriksen, Nolan, Paulinho, Agbonlahor and Hangeland dropping tonight (Jovetic tomorrow).
    Rooney rising would be unexpected and welcome!

I think with two or three performing sub 7m mids Baines + Chadli/Siggy could match or beat in my case Moore + ADM.
    About the Baines debate. If there's something I learnt in that game is that stubborness doesn't pay off. Baines is on the roll. If you can get him in without too much team rearrangement it's a no-brainer move.

This is what I'm thinking. Getting him now may be late but it minimises the risk of him becoming a Yaya and continuing to get outlandish scores and killing a season. It also kills two birds with one points hit by solving my Moore problem.

At the risk of taking it ot again want do you think of the options above?

@ FHFC: In fairness, even though I didn't do it the way you think of doing it, I've ended up getting Baines at the back and Chadli/Downing in midfield. But I'm not sure I'm gonna keep it for very long. Ivanovic destroyed at least a part of my overall rankings ambition this year (I know it's early stage but the points you got are not to be gotten as they say). So I'm not sure how patient I'd be with a £7m+ def if he doesn't return the points. At the moment I'm lying in wait about my transfers (I may even reconsdier my masterplan: dropped ADM for Sánchez last week with a plan to get him back GW13).

Just had a look at your team (tell me if I'm wrong but I think you're 3rd on the FSA Prem). So Baines + Chadli/Siggy vs Moore + ADM. Considering Moore seems out of favour it's a no brainer for the formers. That said, you have other options at the back in your team (I mean you don't have to play Moore).
    The problem is ADM will face a favourable run from GW13 onwards... GW13 is also the start of a 3 GWs tough run for Saints. Would you not upgrade Clyne to Baines then and Downgrade Pellè to one of Berahino/Sakho/Austin?
    I do realise though that by waiting that long you may not be able to afford that move and you may also fancy Baines next week...
    So I'll phrase it differently. If you want ADM back for GW13 how many transfers you need for it if we assume you go for Baines + Chadli/Siggy this week?

PS: Don't know what I messed up when I added the predictions to my former post but erased most of my point re Baines. Glad you cited me, there's at least a piece of it restored :D.

@ FHFC:

Very thorough as usual....that's why I asked ya :D

Excellent points, thanks. Austin for Pelle works all right, but I'm reluctant to lose Pelle just yet, especially as I have him since 8.5m. No value tied up in adm if I did need to get him back.

May yet leave Baines, the painful damage he did may have faded by this time next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

Sanchez and Diego Costa the only risers.

Tomkins, Ulloa, Ben Arfa, Cambiasso, Rojo and Eriksen all fell.

manual_man wrote: »
    let's not compare him to Suarez or Aguero. in fairness :p he's a high-priced defender who has consistently scored well for a long time now. there's so many squad variables. every season. had you had him in your teams the last 4 seasons would you have achieved better finishes? we don't know. that's the simple answer. this season so far, to my memory anyway, is the best form he's ever showed in terms of attacking returns. even taking away the 2 penos scored, he has 6 assists in 11. that's pretty phenomenal for a full back, and has to be an indicator of form, in an attacking sense anyway. take away the southampton lads (who's fixtures get a hell of alot tougher from now on), and baines is 21 points ahead of the next highest scoring defender. and that's with just 3 clean sheets from 11, and a missed peno (a rare thing in itself). be interesting to see how things pan out for the rest of the season, but for now he's providing superb bang-for-buck.

If people are labelling him "must-have", then Suarez and Aguero are the people they are comparing him too IMO.

Would I have finished higher with Baines in those seasons? No, I don't think so. Coleman outscored him last season for example and I had him pretty much the whole season. Two Everton defenders would be a non runner for me.

Nobody is arguing his stats this season to date. What I debated is that he is a "must-have" every season.

You have to take budget into account. Baines has 21 points more but how much is he in monetary value more than the next defender? I'd imagine 2 mil as next in line must be a Saints defender so is 2 mil of your budget worth 21 extra points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

If people are labelling him "must-have", then Suarez and Aguero are the people they are comparing him too IMO.

Would I have finished higher with Baines in those seasons? No, I don't think so. Coleman outscored him last season for example and I had him pretty much the whole season. Two Everton defenders would be a non runner for me.

Nobody is arguing his stats this season to date. What I debated is that he is a "must-have" every season.

You have to take budget into account. Baines has 21 points more but how much is he in monetary value more than the next defender? I'd imagine 2 mil as next in line must be a Saints defender so is 2 mil of your budget worth 21 extra points?

There's a guy in one of my private leagues two points ahead of me. He has had both Baines and Coleman since the start and a few times I'd have been well ahead of him before I got Baines, except the two lads were digging him out left right and centre. there's definitely room for both of them.... in the right team.

tom_k wrote: »
    Sanchez and Diego Costa the only risers.

Tomkins, Ulloa, Ben Arfa, Cambiasso, Rojo and Eriksen all fell.

Costa rising pleases me greatly for some reason. :D

Costa and Sanchez rising pleases me! I hope both are too expensive for anyone who doesn't have them soon.

Dónal wrote: »
    Costa and Sanchez rising pleases me! I hope both are too expensive for anyone who doesn't have them soon.

Ye bad b*stards :)

It'll please me when he's rested for WBA, blanks against SUN whilst picking up a yellow and has to sit out TOT through suspension.

That'd be a 10 point return for him in 7 weeks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement