Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

PARlance wrote: »
    Ye bad b*stards :)

It'll please me when he's rested for WBA, blanks against SUN whilst picking up a yellow and has to sit out TOT through suspension.

That'd be a 10 point return for him in 7 weeks.
    I smell a charity bet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

CSF wrote: »
    I smell a charity bet :D

I need all my funds to buy the bugger back :)
    I've suddenly found myself very interested in Falcao's fitness....

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Lemlin wrote: »
    If people are labelling him "must-have", then Suarez and Aguero are the people they are comparing him too IMO.

Would I have finished higher with Baines in those seasons? No, I don't think so. Coleman outscored him last season for example and I had him pretty much the whole season. Two Everton defenders would be a non runner for me.

Nobody is arguing his stats this season to date. What I debated is that he is a "must-have" every season.

Looking at Baines and Coleman's stats over the last five seasons, it seems that Baines is a consistent scorer/assists player. Coleman had one exceptional year last year. I would agree Baines is a must have, if you get him early at a relatively low price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Ye bad b*stards :)

It'll please me when he's rested for WBA, blanks against SUN whilst picking up a yellow and has to sit out TOT through suspension.

That'd be a 10 point return for him in 7 weeks.

Theres a saying about flogging a dead horse old chap.....

Some seriously nice fixtures coming for Chelsea, lots of nice rest for Diego on CL nights. I can handle a 1 match suspension (which is probably inevitable) given the amount of goals he's gonna score in the other games! :D

Be nice if he could last to the LC Semi to get suspended but can't see it.

Big Borg wrote: »
    Looking at Baines and Coleman's stats over the last five seasons, it seems that Baines is a consistent scorer/assists player. Coleman had one exceptional year last year. I would agree Baines is a must have, if you get him early at a relatively low price.

Comparing Baines & Coleman's stats at face value for the last 5 years is only going to lead to a misjudgement.
    He was with Sligo Rovers just over 5 years ago....

There are loan spells and injuries through those 5 years since. And he's only 26, just approaching his prime.

Last year is the only real true comparison imo vs Baines. He outscored him in total but Baines had a slightly better points/game ratio.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ill be steering clear of baines at current rates of scoring he is heading for 300 pts its not going to happen. Ive missed his purple patch unfortunately so will look at either JT or Azpil.

To add to the Coleman vs Baines:

Baines 990mins 69 points = 6.2 points per game
    Coleman (injured) 636mins 45points = 6.4 points per game.

Despite Baines getting all the headlines, if both remain fit, there should be no real difference in their returns for the rest of the season.

Ill be steering clear of baines at current rates of scoring he is heading for 300 pts its not going to happen. Ive missed his purple patch unfortunately so will look at either JT or Azpil.

Approx (38*6.2) 240 if he kept going at the current rate Busts.

I tend to agree but may get him in for a few weeks just to protect myself if I can fit him without doing too much damage. Can always downgrade thereafter to Chelsea defender.

• Advertisement

Approx (38*6.2) 240 if he kept going at the current rate Busts.

I was using his 8 pt average over the last 4 weeks which Id class as his purple patch. Using these stats to suit my argument:pac: Its the last 4 weeks that have people thinking he is a must have( which he may well be). I just dont see that rate of scoring remaining. He will still be the highest scoring defender but I feel the key is having him when he is on a streak and I feel Im too late to the party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

When I bought Baines after week 7 I was in 571k place, now I'm in 34k and a lot of that is due to him, I've never been an advocate of expensive defenders but I've been turned for the moment. I've no doubt that I'll end up using him to make funds for elsewhere (I was going to do it the week just gone) but for the moment I'm delighted to have him. I'd rate him an awful lot higher than Coleman as an FPL player and with them both almost at the same price it's a no brainer for me. For now I'm happy to settle for a cheapish 4th midfielder to keep him in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I was using his 8 pt average over the last 4 weeks which Id class as his purple patch. Using these stats to suit my argument:pac: Its the last 4 weeks that have people thinking he is a must have( which he may well be). I just dont see that rate of scoring remaining. He will still be the highest scoring defender but I feel the key is having him when he is on a streak and I feel Im too late to the party.

This is all beginning to sound an awful lot like my reasoning of Yaya last year :pac: :o It's the same but different. Looking at his set of fixtures til after Xmas it's very encouraging not to mention he probably is rotation proof. I'm going to try and fit him in over the next couple of weeks as things stand.

When I bought Baines after week 7 I was in 571k place, now I'm in 34k and a lot of that is due to him, I've never been an advocate of expensive defenders but I've been turned for the moment. I've no doubt that I'll end up using him to make funds for elsewhere (I was going to do it the week just gone) but for the moment I'm delighted to have him. I'd rate him an awful lot higher than Coleman as an FPL player and with them both almost at the same price it's a no brainer for me. For now I'm happy to settle for a cheapish 4th midfielder to keep him in my team.

I've had a similar climb up the rankings 860k to 65k since gw 7 without baines. I'd put it down to aguero capt and selling adm to get sanchez in. If I recall you never got adm so I'd imagine that has hugely benefitted you over the last 4 weeks as the majority of teams above you had him.

This is all beginning to sound an awful lot like my reasoning of Yaya last year :pac: :o It's the same but different. Looking at his set of fixtures til after Xmas it's very encouraging not to mention he probably is rotation proof. I'm going to try and fit him in over the next couple of weeks as things stand.

Ooohhh. Busts has just about talked me down from the Baines wagon and Prodston goes and uses the Y word. That's what I meant by 'protect myself'. I'd rather have him in my team while assessing whether his statistically improbable points returns will continue, then ship him out if they don't.

Oh the pain that could have been prevented if we'd followed that approach with that other fella last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I agree with this re current scoring not continuing. I'm not ruling myself out for Baines but to get him I'd have to lose one of my playing front seven and I'm not prepared to do that.

Will give him another fortnight though and then reassess after next GW. It is a sickener every time he scores now like yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I agree with this re current scoring not continuing. I'm not ruling myself out for Baines but to get him I'd have to lose one of my playing front seven and I'm not prepared to do that.

Will give him another fortnight though and then reassess after next GW. It is a sickener every time he scores now like yesterday.

The thing is, imo, his scoring rate could drop and I still think he'd be good value. He's currently on 6.27 (I think). But if he averaged 5 per game for the rest of the season that'd be good enough for me.

The thing is, imo, his scoring rate could drop and I still think he'd be good value. He's currently on 6.27 (I think). But if he averaged 5 per game for the rest of the season that'd be good enough for me.

He has 70 points in 11 weeks. Max he has ever scored in a season is 178 points.

5 points per gameweek would be another 145. That'd bring him up to 215 for the season. Nearly 40 more than he has managed any other season.

It's not impossible but I can't see it happening.

I spoke before about Ivan going through a purple patch and how I was late to the party this season but jumped on it last season. I think this has to be Baines' purple patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm 100% with you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

it's a sickener ever time he concedes and you have 7m tired up in him too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ace2007 wrote: »
    it's a sickener ever time he concedes and you have 7m tired up in him too

But it's also a sickener when Fábregas, Hazard, ADM, Sánchez, Costa or Aguero deliver you 2 points. It could even be a double sickener since you'll certainly have one of them for sure for captain.

I think the real question is which midfielder or striker you're happy enough to downgrade to a cheaper performing one to fit Baines in your team.

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    But it's also a sickener when Fábregas, Hazard, ADM, Sánchez, Costa or Aguero deliver you 2 points. It could even be a double sickener since you'll certainly have one of them for sure for captain.

I think the real question is which midfielder or striker you're happy enough to downgrade to a cheaper performing one to fit Baines in your team.

The chances of Aguero/Costa/Sanchez scoring a goal is higher than for Baines(scoring/keeping clean sheet) though, regarding captain - you'll more than likely just have one of Aguero/Costa/Sanchez. Goals being conceded also don't affect these places. It's also not that much of a sicker as most players pick the same captain - so if you have Aguero captain and he doesn't preform - chances are you your rivals have him to.

well, like off the above you mentioned, if you did it in time, you could have 5 of them + Baines easily enough. But that may mean you won't have siggy or pelle.

I keep looking here for price change updates and genius stats, but Baines still isn't rising

I keep looking here for price change updates and genius stats, but Baines still isn't rising

ha, i keep forgetting that this is the price change thread, sorry.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    well, like off the above you mentioned, if you did it in time, you could have 5 of them + Baines easily enough. But that may mean you won't have siggy or pelle.
    Yes, I actually have 4 of them with Pellè and Baines.

But you have to downgrade a mid or striker to fit Baines in anyway. Then, it all depends if you think your Baines + MF combination is worthier than your cheaper def + higher profile MF combination.

---

By the way, FPLS & FFF have Chadli to rise and Nolan, Paulinho, Agbonlahor and maybe Hangeland dropping.

iroced wrote: »
    Yes, I actually have 4 of them with Pellè and Baines.

But you have to downgrade a mid or striker to fit Baines in anyway. Then, it all depends if you think your Baines + MF combination is worthier than your cheaper def + higher profile MF combination.

---

By the way, FPLS & FFF have Chadli to rise and Nolan, Paulinho, Agbonlahor and maybe Hangeland dropping.

Last point on this thread,

I get with your say and totally agree with it - my initial comment was more tongue in cheek regarding the conceding (must remember smiley :), i don't believe Baines is a must have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

As expected today very few changes, Chadli is the only riser and few will be concerned that Agbonlahor and Hangeland fall.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

MOD: Hi lads, please keep this thread to discussing price rises. If you want to disuss the merits of particular players, please use a more appropriate thread. *cough* Baines *Cough*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭tom_k

No risers today. Four fallers though, Sturridge, Jelavic, Rio Ferdinand and Kevin Nolan.

tom_k wrote: »
    No risers today. Four fallers though, Sturridge, Jelavic, Rio Ferdinand and Kevin Nolan.

That's classic sturridge has been out 3 mths and finally drops again the day he returns to full training.

That's classic sturridge has been out 3 mths and finally drops again the day he returns to full training.

What price is he now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

What price is he now?

Still at 8.1% ownership, which is just hilarious.

Owned exclusively by people who set up multiple accounts from day one only to abandon their them and concentrate on the performing ones, I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Owned exclusively by people who set up multiple accounts from day one only to abandon their them and concentrate on the performing ones, I'd say.

Anybody found to have more than one team should have both cancelled. Blatantly against the rules and not fair at all. Their IP's should be logged and blocked. I don't think the site does enough to prevent it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

8-10 wrote: »
    Anybody found to have more than one team should have both cancelled. Blatantly against the rules and not fair at all. Their IP's should be logged and blocked. I don't think the site does enough to prevent it

People might have multiple teams because of different format games e.g., games ran under draft conditions or games ran under 'no transfers rules' (latter games would also explain some of the Sturridge holders).

And in general don't really see the problem with multiple teams so long as any pay leagues have been entered pre GW1.

People might have multiple teams because of different format games e.g., games ran under draft conditions or games ran under 'no transfers rules' (latter games would also explain some of the Sturridge holders).

And in general don't really see the problem with multiple teams so long as any pay leagues have been entered pre GW1.
    It's against the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

It's against the rules

I wonder are there any PRICE RISES tonight!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

It's against the rules

Not to mention the additional advantage of having more than one team. Looks like the price changes sites were on top of the list:rolleyes:

There is not much they can do to stop it in fairness. The money involved in game that was made to be a fun did all the damage. If there was no money involved there would be no scammers like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I wonder are there any PRICE RISES tonight!!

Not yet:D

Wait an hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

No risers and only 2 fallers (Martin Kelly and José Enrique).

1736952a62711e2285512cdc3e003a50.png

• Advertisement

Is Yun of QPR near a rise or Liam Moore near a fall?

I'm hoping not to have to make the transfer, would like to bank it, but will if I have to.

Is Yun of QPR near a rise or Liam Moore near a fall?

I'm hoping not to have to make the transfer, would like to bank it, but will if I have to.

Both safe as houses.

From FFFix....
    Moore 74% to a rise and very little movement.
    Yun 36% to a rise and slight slight upward movement.

Can't see Moore dropping this gameweek with so many other transfer priorities in most teams. Yun could conceivably get an influx next week but unlikley IMO.

I'm looking at Moore to Dummet but going to do it this week. Dummet may rise but safe enough for now so will hopefully get the internationals past first.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭sneachtafear

Wonder will baines price go down with the injury!

Wonder will baines price go down with the injury!

Nah, will remain static until more news comes out next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dónal wrote: »
    Nah, will remain static until more news comes out next week.

FPLstats have him at 62% towards another rise, so will take a good while for him to drop alright I'd say.

Everyone's kids slept through the night then? :pac:

Just Chris Wood (Fwd) of Leicester dropping last night to 4.3, no other changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dónal wrote: »
    Everyone's kids slept through the night then? :pac:

Just Chris Wood (Fwd) of Leicester dropping last night to 4.3, no other changes.

Interesting, 0.1 extra if used as bench fodder. Could go with a Aguero & costa strike force and get 5 midfielders in

He should of scored last week v Soton too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Interesting, 0.1 extra if used as bench fodder. Could go with a Aguero & costa strike force and get 5 midfielders in

He should of scored last week v Soton too

Isgrove (MID) is 4.2 for those wanting to go down the 3 big hitters up front option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

How come boyd price hasnt gone up yet hes been due one at over 700%?

declan2693 wrote: »
    How come boyd price hasnt gone up yet hes been due one at over 700%?
    I presume you're referring to totalfpl site aren't you?

They're completely all over the shop predictions-wise. Check fplstats, fantasyfootballfix or fiso but you can completely forget about totalfpl this year.

See here about FFF => http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057316281.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

manual_man wrote: »
    Isgrove (MID) is 4.2 for those wanting to go down the 3 big hitters up front option

Thanks I never knew this.

Boyd to Isgrove might be done. That 0.2 could be valuable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement