Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Lemlin wrote: »
    Walcott will start when fit. He always does.

He always did :)
    I dont mean to make out he is not a starter anymore, but just not as clearcut.
    He never had the likes of Sanchez for competition before. Chamberlain is less of a youngster and more of a first team player nowadays too. Welbeck has also joined the mix of forward options.
    Walcott is still a wonderful asset for Arsenal when fit, not many like him in the premiership, but I think the need/pressure to play Walcott everytime is lessened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Walcott will start when fit. He always does.

We don't know how well he has recovered from that serious knee injury. He could have easily lost his pace which is his best asset imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    We don't know how well he has recovered from that serious knee injury. He could have easily lost his pace which is his best asset imo.

Reports suggest that he hasnt lost his pace at all.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/408956/Arsenal-Theo-Walcott-knee-injury

The concern after such an injury is stability and prone to strains getting back to full fitness.
    He should need a few first team games to be considered ahead of the midfield options at the moment but of course it would be nice to start the Walcott train rather than jump on a little late!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭A Law

Walcott is fantasy gold. Captained him once against Newcastle I think when he got me 50 points, could have been 2 years ago! When's he's back I'll be getting him, legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

arsenal have a lovely run from end of January on too.....I'll be holding my wildcard till then. I hope theo shows flashes but not enough for his price to go up before then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Providing there's no setbacks, Walcott should be fully match fit by wildcard time. He will be in my team then for the rest of the season if he stays injury free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Providing there's no setbacks, Walcott should be fully match fit by wildcard time. He will be in my team then for the rest of the season if he stays injury free.

Would you also have Sanchez or would you be sacrificing him for Walcott? I presume if you have both you're looking at a 3-5-2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

AM planing the same. Have him in the WC team I put together in my notes!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

What are the predicted price rises/drops tonight?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Boots234 wrote: »
    What are the predicted price rises/drops tonight?

This site is probably the most reliable:http://fantasyfootballfix.com/

• Advertisement

I think someone mentioned Chester being good value recently (maybe Paully?)...anyway he's 68% towards a drop which would leave him at 4.3. Hull have nice fixtures coming up and he should be guaranteed his spot with Dawson out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lampard, Eriksen & Sakho UP !

Mignolet, Lamela, Eto'O, Courtois, Aguero, Pellè, Diamé, E. Valencia, Blackett, Moreno DOWN !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

iroced wrote: »
    Lampard, Eriksen & Sakho UP !

Mignolet, Lamela, Eto'O, Courtois, Aguero, Pellè, Diamé, E. Valencia, Blackett, Moreno DOWN !

Siggy was due to fall. They really haven't a clue how to properly work out who's dropping in price

G1032 wrote: »
    Siggy was due to fall. They really haven't a clue how to properly work out who's dropping in price
    You're tough on them, they actually sell it honestly themselves ;).
    FFF wrote:

Our rise accuracy 98.2 %

Our fall accuracy: 89.8 %
    Siggy was only marginally above 100%. Was in the "grey zone" where anything can be expected. Downing and Clichy were about the same for a rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Have they had a very bad week with predictions for falls and rises?

Have they had a very bad week with predictions for falls and rises?

Not particularly worse than any other one. The only real unexpected price change I can remember this week is Walcott dropping. Probably linked with his flag changed from red to yellow (which reduces the % target NTO) ; we probably should pay more attention to that...

You're tough on them, they actually sell it honestly themselves ;).

Siggy was only marginally above 100%. Was in the "grey zone" where anything can be expected. Downing and Clichy were about the same for a rise.

Ah I'm not giving out. I'm just telling the reality. They don't really know!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

G1032 wrote: »
    Ah I'm not giving out. I'm just telling the reality. They don't really know!!

Like predicting the weather and met eireann. Fantasy sites can give you an educated guess, which is better than nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

FFFix says Downing, Silva and Kane going up. Surely Austin will too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

ShaneU wrote: »
    FFFix says Downing, Silva and Kane going up. Surely Austin will too?

He's price protected until Tuesday I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

What are the predicted changes tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

What are the predicted changes tonight?

FPLstatistics have Siggy as dropping, Silva & Austin rising, that's all I remember.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Austin can't go up as he's protected till Tuesday night. Downing is due to rise also and Kane may go up but it's gonna be touch and go with him.

Silva & Downing UP !

Siggy, Pieters, Tadic, Dier, Vargas, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson, Brady, Drinkwater, Obi Mikel, Amat, Aarons DOWN !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Silva & Downing UP !

Siggy, Pieters, Tadic, Dier, Vargas, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robertson, Brady, Drinkwater, Obi Mikel, Amat, Aarons DOWN !

I just transferred Silva and Downing in for Siggy and Eriksen...

Not sure if Downing is a good option ahead of Chelsea game but it had to be done at some point anyway.

Saved 0.3 doing that today:D

• Advertisement

Could swallow a drop from Siggy which is a nice suiting timing :D.
    Downing rising so early is annoying (since he'll def rise again this week) but I'm eyeing Sterling too... Hopefully I can wait 'till Monday games are played to make a move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

This limited internet access is killing me. Is Zab near a rise lads? I have Chambers and 1.6 mil so have exactly enough for Chambers to Zab.

This limited internet access is killing me. Is Zab near a rise lads? I have Chambers and 1.6 mil so have exactly enough for Chambers to Zab.

He's at 79% towards a rise according to Fantasy Football Fix so will probably hold out until tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

HT 0-0

likely risers/fallers tonight lads ?

• Advertisement

Kane to rise. Mutch to drop.

Zab and Mirallas respectively close to a rise/drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Kane up.

Mirallas and Mulumbu down.

Giroud & Zabaleta UP !

Siggy, Ings, Berahino, Mané, Rose & Grealish DOWN !

Brought in Oliver G last night and shipped siggy.

so that's a good result for me

Fabregas & Cazorla UP !

Oscar, Moses, Howard, King, Welbeck, Cissé, Mannone, Cattermole, Ulloa, Wallace, Kightly, Vokes, Ramires, Gouffran, Adam, Lee, Zarate & Hesketh DOWN !

---

Predictions were far off yesterday...

Fab was close but not expected to rise. Yaya was supposed to. And they didn't get half the fallers right.
    Seems they struggle during close GWs where price changes are faster than usual...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hoping Santa brings me 15 price rises and drops for Van Persie, Fabregas, Kane and Sigurdsson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hesketh

Had never heard of this guy! Had to look him up to see who he played for

Sigh, I've now lost 0.3m on Mannone. Jan WC can't come quick enough. On the bright side, Siggy yellow flag removed when he was due to drop tonight so all those transfers out are wiped clean. He could still drop by Friday mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sigh, I've now lost 0.3m on Mannone. Jan WC can't come quick enough. On the bright side, Siggy yellow flag removed when he was due to drop tonight so all those transfers out are wiped clean. He could still drop by Friday mind.

Are u keeping him

Are u keeping him

Siggy? Yeah, I have a strong front 8 now so will start him against Villa and then bench against Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Siggy? Yeah, I have a strong front 8 now so will start him against Villa and then bench against Liverpool.

Ye that's my plan aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Riser: Yaya Toure

Fallers: Massadio Haidara, Enner Valencia, Andre Schürrle and Fernando Luiz Rosa.

Merry Christmas everyone, enjoy today.

That post was very hard to read without colours; )

Silva and Austin going up tonight.
    Hazard and Sakho going down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hazard dropping is actually hilarious

manual_man wrote: »
    Hazard dropping is actually hilarious

Hopefully he sees it and decides to teach them a lesson!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

It's a total knee jerk reaction from people,likely he will miss tomorrow's game but be ok after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Risers: Charlie Austin, Ki Sung-Yueng, Ryan Bertrand and David Silva.

Fallers: Eden Hazard, Chris Brunt, Craig Dawson, Younes Kaboul, Romelu Lukaku, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Diafra Sakho, Saido Berahino and Phil Bardsley.

Irish94 wrote: »
    Risers: Charlie Austin, Ki Sung-Yueng, Ryan Bertrand and David Silva.

Fallers: Eden Hazard, Chris Brunt, Craig Dawson, Younes Kaboul, Romelu Lukaku, Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Diafra Sakho, Saido Berahino and Phil Bardsley.

Its like people got bored on Christmas day and went transfer mad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Who here had Ainsley Maitland-Niles?

Who here had heard of Ainsley Maitland-Niles?

Advertisement