Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Big Borg wrote: »
    With the normal transfers per week and now Wildcarding, the only changes are a mid-fielder and striker from New Castle?
    It's not Moussa Sissoko, it's Aly Cissokho left back from Aston Villa :p.

That said, the lack of movements price changes wise is definitely due to the WC transfers not being taken into account for price changes this year. WC weeks have actually been the quietest (at the exception of the first and last 2 days) of the season so far in terms of price changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Dzeko and Weimann down

Also, Aguero flag changed from red to orange so no price protection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Dzeko and Weimann down

oh no.......this could be a problem......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

km79 wrote: »
    oh no.......this could be a problem......
    Wildcard is happening fo sho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Bugger.

Fingers crossed casuals only bring him in on wildcard don't think I can fade too many rises!!

jimmii wrote: »
    Bugger.

Fingers crossed casuals only bring him in on wildcard don't think I can fade too many rises!!
    He'll be up .3 by the morning of the Arsenal game I'd say.

CSF wrote: »

You think that many will restructure their team that much without using their wildcard? Hopefully not!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Yaya hanging tough at 10.9 is great news for me as I won't be selling till next gw.

Yaya hanging tough at 10.9 is great news for me as I won't be selling till next gw.

Yeah think I might do the same.

You think that many will restructure their team that much without using their wildcard? Hopefully not!
    I think that the sight of Aguero with no flag will immediately begin the by now ritual of transferring him in immediately............last season more often than not being met with another injury.

I'll be wildcarding anyway I'd say.

• Advertisement

I think that the sight of Aguero with no flag will immediately begin the by now ritual of transferring him in immediately............last season more often than not being met with another injury.

I'll be wildcarding anyway I'd say.

It will hopefully slow down the price increase atleast not easy to get him in unless he was replaced with rvp.

This is by far the stupidest rule in the entire game. And then we have the official talk of fairness about the secret around price changes data and info :rolleyes:...
    Sometimes casuals can be of great help :P...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Dzeko and Weimann down

Eek, that's a bit of a blow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I want Aguero at the current (or close to that price). It's an easy transfer (RVP - Aguero). But...

RVP in January - SOU, qpr, LEI
    Aguero in Jan - eve, ASR, che

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

He surely won't go up .1 before Saturday though .......right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I feel the masses are reactive rather than proactive. I feel he'd have to at least come on as a sub before there's any noticeable amount of people getting him in. Almost double the amount of people have transferred him out this week than have transferred him in, though that will probably change over the next few days.

This week, no. I'd be shocked. He hasn't got the 'green light' yet.

I feel the masses are reactive rather than proactive. I feel he'd have to at least come on as a sub before there's any noticeable amount of people getting him in. Almost double the amount of people have transferred him out this week than have transferred him in, though that will probably change over the next few days.
    I think he'll be on as a sub against Everton, and once he does there'll be a rake of transfers in. He might not come on though, and that would certainly slow it all down.

If fiso "NTI Today" is correct his NTI-NTO balance is currently +312. Let's see how it evolves...

Only tonight & tomorrow to change though. And it's a WC week. And no official confirmation of him featuring at the week-end bar this article in which you have all the ingredients for another injury in 2 to 3 weeks time :rolleyes:... I hope the journalists spoke (well wrote) a little be too fast...

Pellegrini press conference will be scrutinised now :pac:...
    :eek:. That's actually a big worry (price wise). NO ONE should have transferred him in this week !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I want Aguero at the current (or close to that price). It's an easy transfer (RVP - Aguero). But...

RVP in January - SOU, qpr, LEI
    Aguero in Jan - eve, ASR, che

Form over Fixtures ;)

Even a returning from injury Aguero has unreal form :D

iroced wrote: »
    :eek:. That's actually a big worry (price wise). NO ONE should have transferred him in this week !

It was probably before the red flag was removed.

It was probably before the red flag was removed.
    Yeah but no one should have transferred him in anyway.

Yeah but no one should have transferred him in anyway.

There are a LOT of baffling transfer made though - 15,000 people have transferred Yaya IN! Bony has 7,000 in. So nothing ever surprises me.

There are a LOT of baffling transfer made though - 15,000 people have transferred Yaya IN! Bony has 7,000 in. So nothing ever surprises me.

I think there are some people out there who play random in games like trying to get as few points as possible or getting a low team value etc. I put it down to people be cray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I think there are some people out there who play random in games like trying to get as few points as possible or getting a low team value etc. I put it down to people be cray.

Nope, there were a good few days after the last GW that Yaya + Bony didn't have a red flag and loads had transferred yaya in because of his good form. He scored in the last GW...
    I highlighted this Last thursday as over 6000 had transferred him in directly after he got 8 pts against Sunderland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Gomis has the highest rate of transfers in after Kane right now, despite having scored a total of 1 goal all season, 26 points in fantasy, and an average of less than 35mins per game he's featured in.

People be crazy

menoscemo wrote: »
    Nope, there were a good few days after the last GW that Yaya + Bony didn't have a red flag and loads had transferred yaya in because of his good form. He scored in the last GW...
    I highlighted this Last thursday as over 6000 had transferred him in directly after he got 8 pts against Sunderland.
    Admittedly but transferring in a player who leaves for AFCON just because he got a good score is plain stupidity or at least total carelessness isn't it?

So you don't think people are crazy or playing games other than trying to get the most points and that could be a reason for transfers?

8-10 wrote: »
    Gomis has the highest rate of transfers in after Kane right now, despite having scored a total of 1 goal all season, 26 points in fantasy, and an average of less than 35mins per game he's featured in.

People be crazy

And i'm sure a few of those new Gomis owners will jump on Oliveira once he gets added! It would be interesting to hear some peoples reasoning for transfers at times. I guess Gomis in isn't the worst at least he is going to be available to play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Why so busts? There must be someone out there worth a 4 point hit at that price, you must be very happy with your remaining front 7??

• Advertisement

Why so busts? There must be someone out there worth a 4 point hit at that price, you must be very happy with your remaining front 7??

*AHEM*DiMara*AHEM*

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I went with a strong front 8 over Xmas with the intention of an early wildcard. Turns out I don't really need to wildcard I did carroll to Kane with my freebie as I felt it was more urgent. My front 7 is
    Silva sterling hazard sanchez
    Ings Kane austin
    Yaya on bench. I don't see who I can bench and certainly don't think it's worth a -4.
    IF Aguero is back ill do Yaya to a cheapie and austin to aguero for -4 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

*AHEM*DiMara*AHEM*

Who?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Admittedly but transferring in a player who leaves for AFCON just because he got a good score is plain stupidity or at least total carelessness isn't it?
    So you don't think people are crazy or playing games other than trying to get the most points and that could be a reason for transfers?

There might be some transferring him in as a Joke, but the bulk of the transfers in came after the last GW and before he got a red flag, so I'd say lots of the casuals were just unaware of the AFCON situation.

There might be some transferring him in as a Joke, but the bulk of the transfers in came after the last GW and before he got a red flag, so I'd say lots of the casuals were just unaware of the AFCON situation.

Yeah talking to some of the casuals in leagues I am in its amazing how unaware they are of certain things! The amount of point chasing is unreal! Lots of I bought player A this week he scored two goals last week wish I had him then er did you not see he is away to Chelsea and City the next two weeks? No dammit I didn't even look at fixtures ah sure if you can score against one team you can score against any.

Yeah talking to some of the casuals in leagues I am in its amazing how unaware they are of certain things! The amount of point chasing is unreal! Lots of I bought player A this week he scored two goals last week wish I had him then er did you not see he is away to Chelsea and City the next two weeks? No dammit I didn't even look at fixtures ah sure if you can score against one team you can score against any.
    Maybe they think they have 11 Agueros in their starting 11 :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Maybe they think they have 11 Agueros in their starting 11 :pac:.

9 Agueros and 2 Kanes would suffice:D

I think you worry to much about other players, especially those 3 million players who are behind you now.

There is, however, element of the game that you need to understand - there are real players who can offer a very good return at a very low price.
    You need to get it right at least few times during the season if you want to stay on top.

Austin is a good example. The game changes every week, you can't make all decisions right, but you can't expect that if you have all the top players you will win it.

Unless your target is 500k I wouldn't worry about these transfers.
    3 millions is a huge amount of players and You can't expect all of them to be as dedicated as we are.

Getting players in form works this season, though. Not just cheap players (Austin / Kane) but expensive players, too (Terry got 15 points in 2 games in a row).

Like with any other game - prove them wrong. Finish in front of them.

Last season was a bit easier when all of us watched the prices and could afford both Aguero and RVP. This season price changes are not playing big part - plenty of cheap players doing their job. You have to adjust.

Boyd scored against City, Kane against Chelsea.

You can't just ignore it, kane you:D

wonski wrote: »

I think you worry to much about other players, especially those 3 million players who are behind you now.

There is, however, element of the game that you need to understand - there are real players who can offer a very good return at a very low price.
    You need to get it right at least few times during the season if you want to stay on top.

Austin is a good example. The game changes every week, you can't make all decisions right, but you can't expect that if you have all the top players you will win it.

3 millions is a huge amount of players and You can't expect all of them to be as dedicated as we are.

Getting players in form works this season, though. Not just cheap players (Austin / Kane) but expensive players, too (Terry got 15 points in 2 games in a row).

Last season was a bit easier when all of us watched the prices and could afford both Aguero and RVP. This season price changes are not playing big part - plenty of cheap players doing their job. You have to adjust.
    Sorry wonski, is this directed at me :confused:?

Sorry wonski, is this directed at me :confused:?

Nope, at jimmii:D

And at anyone who is ofended by these sily transfers.

Apologies for quoting your post.
    Nothing to do with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,121 ✭✭✭G1032

Ramsey:o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

G1032 wrote: »
    Ramsey:o:)

You still going on about Ramsey!?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

A price rise for Hutton would bank me .1
    No chance of it happening I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Gits_bone wrote: »

You thinking about selling him? Decent squad player for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Gits_bone wrote: »

Not likely this week, possibly if he keeps a clean sheet against leicester.
    3 tough fixtures after that so would be an ideal time to sell him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Not likely this week, possibly if he keeps a clean sheet against leicester.
    3 tough fixtures after that so would be an ideal time to sell him

Don't do it. That's what I thought in my first WC and banked the 0.1m before their terror run. How I wish I ditched Moore instead of him. You'll want a Villa defender beginning GW25 anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

JR6 wrote: »
    You thinking about selling him? Decent squad player for me.

Not thinking of selling him but be nice to bank the .1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Don't do it. That's what I thought in my first WC and banked the 0.1m before their terror run. How I wish I ditched Moore instead of him. You'll want a Villa defender beginning GW25 anyway

I might keep him in, but even if he gets clean sheets in any of the tough matches he'll likely be my third sub for those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Exactly this, look at the all things FPL article or some of the he posts about rotation options here. Villa have three bad fixtures but if you have Sunderland and say Burnley cheapies there too you get past those spells. If you have a good rotation plan from now for the next ten weeks or so you shouldn't have to be using transfers shifting defenders in and out and can keep them for keeping your front 8 in good shape.

• Advertisement

Nope, at jimmii:D

And at anyone who is ofended by these sily transfers.

Apologies for quoting your post.
    Nothing to do with you.
    No pb ;). I didn't take any offence but was just not quite understanding the link with my previous posts... or for a second thought I made a crazy drunken post in the middle of the afternoon :pac:... (and no jimmii I don't mean at all that your post was crazy or drunken :p).

Advertisement