Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Lemlin wrote: »
    It's looking then like Aguero will get the full 0.3 this week. I was hoping he'd go to 0.2 max.

are you getting tempted to wildcard early ?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Hopefully people are transferring him in before activating their wildcard later in the week.

Realistically, how many people do that though? As a percentage, I'd say it's pretty negligible. I know its been done to death on here recently, but you'd be mad to do this in the hope of grabbing an extra 0.1 or 0.2.

I tried it earlier with my main wc and woke up on the Thursday in a sweat, thinking I'd missed the deadline. Never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rikand wrote: »
    are you getting tempted to wildcard early ?

Nope, not a hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

It's looking then like Aguero will get the full 0.3 this week. I was hoping he'd go to 0.2 max.

It will be touch and go I'd say. He's only about 48% on FFFix, but him and Kane are the fastest progressing. If he makes the second rise by Wednesday night he'll probably get the third in the Friday rush, but he could tip on to Friday without rising again at this rate. A lot of his transfers will still be wildcards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I think it's very unlikely that Aguero will rise .3 considering a large percentage of active players have chosen to wildcard this week myself included so the max rise will be negated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

jebforever wrote: »
    I think it's very unlikely that Aguero will rise .3 considering a large percentage of active players have chosen to wildcard this week myself included so the max rise will be negated.

We don't know the exact numbers, but 235k players have played their wildcard last week.
    Those 235k players might bring Aguero this week.
    88k have transferred him in by now.

0.3 could happen.

We know nothing about his price rise at this moment, FPL can do whatever they want.

Some wildcarders will wait until next week to bring Aguero in, you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    Thats one advantage of not having value tied up is Costa, I'll be able to switch him out in such as scenario, or indeed at any time, for a one or two week punt on a form striker.
    My secret hope is Sturridge to run riot when back so that I can sell Costa for him. Meanwhile Costa getting a bad run like in November. Killing 2 4 (:D) birds with 1 stone. No money tied on him anymore, double profit on Sturridge (pts & cash wise), Costa dropping, being able to get him back easily for the season end rush.

Fantasies? Well it's called Fantasy Premier League anyway :pac:!

Bertrand, Sanchez & Austin UP !

Van Persie, C. Dawson, Papiss Cissé, Ayoze Pérez & Sorensen
    DOWN !

Austin, Cissé and Pérez were far enough to a change in the predictions (on both FPLS & FFF). It's particularly annoying during WC weeks since this could make you miss out on a couple useful £0.1m...

Anyway the unexpected Austin rise will please at least one boardsie (can't remember who was expecting him to rise before Aguero) ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Have Austin myself but cant get over the amount of people transferring him in especially with the run if fixtures.

I plan on getting in Augero for him, leaving me a front 3 of costa augero and Kane.

Have Austin myself but cant get over the amount of people transferring him in especially with the run if fixtures.

Form over Fixtures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

sword1 wrote: »
    Aguero already rose this week but more importantly Austin has 25000 transfers out so a net increase in ownership of only 3000 odd, I. E aguero will rise first, Austin will probably not rise this week

Oops

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

sword1 wrote: »
    Oops

Haha. Good thing I didn't listen! Aguero in with no other downgrades needed. Result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I have 5 expensive midfielders which means my cheap bench option is Perez, playing a 3-5-2 formation. That's the second time Perez has dropped on me. Enough already!

Is Foster near a rise lads? FFfix won't function right on my PC here in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Is Foster near a rise lads? FFfix won't function right on my PC here in work.

41.5% on FPLStats, 37.7% on FFFix with +0.02% progress/hour

He shouldn't rise this week so. I'm thinking of him as my WC keeper but might take a punt on someone else for two weeks as I have Wisdom anyway and WBA have Everton away and then Spurs home.

I wouldn't mind playing one WBA player but not two in those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Looking at WBA defensive cover myself but realistically they'll do well to get a cs from their next 2 games (A vs Everton, H vs Spurs), after that they run very nice. Most are looking at Wisdom/Baird/Foster, but i might see if i can squeeze in McCauley, 4.8 i think but might be worth it for the attacking potential he brings from set pieces

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

manual_man wrote: »
    Looking at WBA defensive cover myself but realistically they'll do well to get a cs from their next 2 games (A vs Everton, H vs Spurs), after that they run very nice. Most are looking at Wisdom/Baird/Foster, but i might see if i can squeeze in McCauley, 4.8 i think but might be worth it for the attacking potential he brings from set pieces

Its handy them having two tricky fixtures as it gives us time to assess how well they shore things up at the back. Everyone seems to be doubling up straight away thinking Pulis is just going to get them keeping cleansheets week in week out.

jimmii wrote: »
    Its handy them having two tricky fixtures as it gives us time to assess how well they shore things up at the back. Everyone seems to be doubling up straight away thinking Pulis is just going to get them keeping cleansheets week in week out.

time will tell. Pulis' track record is good obviously - and WBA have some good defenders to start off with. don't think i'll be going down the double-up route all the same. next 2 games gives us time to assess anyway and see if the lineup stays the same

• Advertisement

time will tell. Pulis' track record is good obviously - and WBA have some good defenders to start off with. don't think i'll be going down the double-up route all the same. next 2 games gives us time to assess anyway and see if the lineup stays the same

Yeh I am going to go with Foster and then add Wisdom if need be. Going to double up in UFPL but mainly because Wisdom is a playing 4m defender unlikely to call him up too often unless they do improve Palace style!

Yeh I am going to go with Foster and then add Wisdom if need be. Going to double up in UFPL but mainly because Wisdom is a playing 4m defender unlikely to call him up too often unless they do improve Palace style!

haha yeah i'll be doubling up in ultimate, but a lot more options there ;)

haha yeah i'll be doubling up in ultimate, but a lot more options there ;)

Hard to find where to spend the money if you go with Austin, Ings & Kane up front! I'm going to end up with some big names sitting in the reserves and no doubt a couple of big scores in there too!

Hard to find where to spend the money if you go with Austin, Ings & Kane up front! I'm going to end up with some big names sitting in the reserves and no doubt a couple of big scores in there too!

replied in the ufpl thread ;)

True. But Foster & Wisdom were already good options (great value) before Pulis.

if you want to avoid doubling up I could see a Jan WC template def like
    Foster Myhill
    Terry Berty/Clyne Hutton PvA Wasi/Duff

iroced wrote: »
    True. But Foster & Wisdom were already good options (great value) before Pulis.

if you want to avoid doubling up I could see a Jan WC template def like
    Foster Myhill

This is basically what I have planned alright. Hard to see any convincing reason to do anything else really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Foster Myhill
    That's my current thinking (holding the wildcard for a few weeks yet. Was going to wildcard this week but to be honest, that template has a worse week this week than my current defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

no one considering geoff cameron (4.2) ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

bezuaua wrote: »
    Weirdly enough, I only started to consider him in the last hour. Not as good fixtures as some others and Stoke haven't been their previous defensive selves though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

CSF wrote: »
    Weirdly enough, I only started to consider him in the last hour. Not as good fixtures as some others and Stoke haven't been their previous defensive selves though.

Is he gonna play?

bezuaua wrote: »

Too many better options, especially when you look at rotation trios. Is he still playing in midfield since Whelan back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Is he gonna play?

Hard to say for sure, but he has so far

Wisdom, Forster & Ings UP !

Obertan, Matic, Senderos, Chambers
    & Agnew DOWN !

Again, predictions were not that precise. FPLS seems to deal with it a bit better than FFF (where you can start to think about a price change from 70% onwards or downwards).

By the way, I'm always stunned to see players I was not even aware of their existence (Agnew) rising or dropping :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Good lad ings back to the price I bought you at.

Good lad ings back to the price I bought you at.

Was just thinking the same myself. Won't feel too bad about selling him now :)

Rikand wrote: »
    Was just thinking the same myself. Won't feel too bad about selling him now :)

Looking at his ownership stats on fiso. He went up to 5.8 with 64k owners on Dec 4th and was 5.6 yesterday with 100k owners. It just shows its harder to get price rises and easier to get price falls this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Looking at his ownership stats on fiso. He went up to 5.8 with 64k owners on Dec 4th and was 5.6 yesterday with 100k owners. It just shows its harder to get price rises and easier to get price falls this year.

Wait until he gets his hat-trick this weekend, big hopes for captain Ings, he'll be 6m before long!

8-10 wrote: »
    Wait until he gets his hat-trick this weekend, big hopes for captain Ings, he'll be 6m before long!

I'm very tempted as I was last week just can't bring myself to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'm very tempted as I was last week just can't bring myself to do it.

Not many better options this week

Hmm, there's a big discrepancy on Moore between FPLStats (-95%) and FFFix (2%). It would be annoying to finally lose 0.1m on him right before I wildcard him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wilkinson, DOWN ![/B]
    Not sure if this was flagged at the time, but Wilkinson (Stoke) dropped last week and is now a 3.8m defender if anyone's seriously caught for cash. Not a hope he'll play (actually on loan at the moment), but might be a valuable .1 for someone.

• Advertisement

No one up.

Diafra Sakho
    DOWN !

--

Looks like Wasi & Hamer will never rise this week...

Hmm, there's a big discrepancy on Moore between FPLStats (-95%) and FFFix (2%). It would be annoying to finally lose 0.1m on him right before I wildcard him out.

There are actually many discrepancies between the 2 sites. The problem is they both get some right and some wrong so it's hard to know which to believe. One I'm getting worried about is Hart dropping before Saturday...

What sort of progress is Kun making folks?

What sort of progress is Kun making folks?

Only round 65%.

Can't see him rising twice more now. He'll probably go up again Friday night.

FHFC wrote: »
    Only round 65%.

Can't see him rising twice more now. He'll probably go up again Friday night.

I was hoping he wouldn't even get the extra 0.1. Hopefully part of those stats are wildcards.

I'll bring him in Saturday then.

I was hoping he wouldn't even get the extra 0.1. Hopefully part of those stats are wildcards.

Before or after 1130

I'd be surprised if he doesn't go up in the Friday rush, but it is possible he won't.

Before or after 1130

After 11.30. I haven't the cash to go for him straight. I'd need a -4 and I'm not taking the chance.

If he doesn't go up by .1 though, I can take a punt on Adrian for two weeks instead of Hart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Any significant price changes on the cards tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Any significant price changes on the cards tonight?

Doesn't look like it, but FFFix's accuracy is pretty low at the minute due to the WCs.

• Advertisement

Wasilewski up
    Pozo & Glen Johnson down

Advertisement