Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,654 ✭✭✭✭CSF

5 rises that I can spot tonight

Cattermole, Dier, Sigurdsson, Naismith, Jovetic.

A number of .2 rises now so far in the Gameweek that I can decide on a course of action shortly, hoping for a few more too from the likes of Ivanovic, Fabregas and Clyne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Had Siggy and Naismith rise last night, puts my team value (+ bank) and £101m. Doesn't mean anything though, the main one I want to see movement on is Mata! Another goal against Burnley please. Just the juan will do...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Bojan dropped! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

roryc wrote: »
    Had Siggy and Naismith rise last night, puts my team value (+ bank) and £101m. Doesn't mean anything though, the main one I want to see movement on is Mata! Another goal against Burnley please. Just the juan will do...

I don't think just the one will do tbh. According to both TotalFPL and FPLStatistics, Mata is still in negative figures.

To get a glut of transfers and even approach a rise, he will need to significantly outperform the likes of Hazard, Fabregas, Silva, Siggy, Ramsey and Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Jovetic with the first back to back rise of the season!!

Must have either got a huge number of transfers or else the NTI double target may have changed back to normal. Some of the FISO lads were speculating that it may have been a temporary measure to cool things down for the first week or two.

Very odd that he went twice, will be interesting to see if he can get a third before Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

FHFC wrote: »
    Jovetic with the first back to back rise of the season!!

Must have either got a huge number of transfers or else the NTI double target may have changed back to normal. Some of the FISO lads were speculating that it may have been a temporary measure to cool things down for the first week or two.

Very odd that he went twice, will be interesting to see if he can get a third before Saturday.

He did get a ridiculous number of transfers in too (222k so far this week). And it might be relative to his ownership - which has now nearly tripled 4.7% to 12.1%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

320088.png

320087.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Lemlin wrote: »
    I don't think just the one will do tbh. According to both TotalFPL and FPLStatistics, Mata is still in negative figures.

To get a glut of transfers and even approach a rise, he will need to significantly outperform the likes of Hazard, Fabregas, Silva, Siggy, Ramsey and Sterling.

I disagree, a lot of players just base their transfer on the highest point ranking players. Another goal scoring performance would see Mata get circa 10 points and would shoot him up to near top of the midfield standings which would be enough to see a large influx of transfers considering his next fixtures imo.

Some of the other premium midfielders may do well this week, but not all so a good performance will place mata near the top of the rankings.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    He did get a ridiculous number of transfers in too (222k so far this week). And it might be relative to his ownership - which has now nearly tripled 4.7% to 12.1%

Having risen on Tues night he must have got a massive transfer yesterday if the double NTI still holds, though I suppose with the Giroud news becoming fairly concrete yesterday that's quite possible.

I reckon he could rise another 0.1 this week as Giorud or Costa to Jovetic will be massive on Friday evening. If he went another 0.1 next week I'd be delighted with my hit to get him in regardless of how he scores v Stoke.

zarquon wrote: »
    I disagree, a lot of players just base their transfer on the highest point ranking players. Another goal scoring performance would see Mata get circa 10 points and would shoot him up to near top of the midfield standings which would be enough to see a large influx of transfers considering his next fixtures imo.

Some of the other premium midfielders may do well this week, but not all so a good performance will place mata near the top of the rankings.

Ramsey 19 points, Siggy 18, Fabregas 17. They are all five points or more ahead of Mata and are three of seven mids ahead of him. Ramsey and Siggy practically only have to play and not get booked to be in or around Mata even if he scores ten again.

There's also no guarantee that a goal scoring peformance "would see Mata get circa 10 points". He may score but it could be in a four nil win.

I also think that alot of people who have transferred him out will be adverse to transferring him back in. Add in the fact that Di Maria could effect the United system (I've already seen people on here mention holding off on Mata because of this) and the fact that United are absymal at the minute.

He's also only breaking even at the minute. He has 26977 transfers in this GW but 27028 transfers out so his ten points at the weekend has hardly registered (I would put most of this down to all the negativity around United).

I think the point stands that he's a long way from a price increase and one goal this weekend is not going to change that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Having risen on Tues night he must have got a massive transfer yesterday if the double NTI still holds, though I suppose with the Giroud news becoming fairly concrete yesterday that's quite possible.

I reckon he could rise another 0.1 this week as Giorud or Costa to Jovetic will be massive on Friday evening. If he went another 0.1 next week I'd be delighted with my hit to get him in regardless of how he scores v Stoke.

He went from 290k on Tuesday night to 355k last night.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    He went from 290k on Tuesday night to 355k last night.

Ownership?

If so that doesn't seem like a double the NTI target increase....

Ownership?

If so that doesn't seem like a double the NTI target increase....
    Yep. Click into their name on fiso and it does daily totals.

Yep. Click into their name on fiso and it does daily totals.

Is FISO still reliable though?

Is FISO still reliable though?

The totals are pretty much the same on all the sites.
    tlEI6rD.png
    Kq4a6Xu.png
    TzyxD69.png

Jovetic's daily ownership totals.
    T01AOZ7.png

Lovely stuff, i got rid of caulker and brought larsson in as part of my transfers yesterday.

Bollocks. Those two FTs would be mighty handy right about now. Schoolboy error on my behalf.

Jovetic's daily ownership totals.
    T01AOZ7.png

Only getting looking at this now. He's currently at 387k so based on the FISO figures he has increased ownership by over 30k today. An increase of 65k during yesterday took him to a rise.

Still a lot of unknowns regarding wildcard transfer ins and new teams, but that's a rough indication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Guzan, Aguero, Wisdom, Silva, Ade, Di Maria, Ramsey & Clichy & Dummett should all go up for me tonight.
    Might be a chance of a couple of double increases before Sat morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Di Maria leading ballotelli 65k to 40k in the he signed for the team I support so must get him in race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Is a new signing not protected from rises for at least the first GW?
    Thought it was the first 2 GWs myself... So an ownership base is established.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

:P
    Guzan, Aguero, Wisdom, Silva, Ade, Di Maria, Aguero, Ramsey & Clichy & Dummett should all go up for me tonight.

Could be wrong but think Di Maria is protected from any rise for 8 days from when he joined game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Di Maria leading ballotelli 65k to 40k in the he signed for the team I support so must get him in race.

Oh no, is that a thing? Cos if it is I have to buy Tom Cleverly!

Guzan, Aguero, Wisdom, Silva, Ade, Di Maria, Aguero, Ramsey & Clichy & Dummett should all go up for me tonight.
    They definitely won't all go up. I think anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

According to which site?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ah no is Ade actually going up? :(

Boo-Urns

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ah no is Ade actually going up? :(

Boo-Urns
    push the button... push the button

Aguero: 2 price rises in 1 night?! Wow, people really are jumping on that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Total FPL

I wouldn't trust totalfpl. fplstatistics seems to be more accurate but it's still all guess work.

Case in point - Di Maria is protected but they have him due to rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

push the button... push the button

I have no intention of pressing any button. Single transfer nor Wildcard.

Although I was much happier before I logged in and saw that Marney and Bardsley both have "knocks" on top of Costa. But they're on the bench anyway so be grand. My wildcard is staying firmly in my pocket for another few weeks.

Although having said all that:

fr-ted-big-red-button.gif

I wouldn't trust totalfpl. fplstatistics seems to be more accurate but it's still all guess work.

Case in point - Di Maria is protected but they have him due to rise.

Yeah according to their news sections, they seem to have it sorted out, seems things will be up and running properly tomorrow.

Aguero and Ade rising is not good.

Aguero and Ade rising is not good.

Go hard or go home!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

It would appear Chadli only riser overnight, NO fallers!

regardless of the different projections on different sites, i have to assume this is all one big c*ck-up on the part of fpl towers

what are they playin' at!

manual_man wrote: »

regardless of the different projections on different sites, i have to assume this is all one big c*ck-up on the part of fpl towers

Being on wildcard, I really need a good few risers tomorrow night. Ivanovic, Hutton, Fabregas, Ramsey, Chadli and Clyne are all guys I'm relying on, but I can't see myself getting more than 0.2/3 max more for my weeks work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Didn't I read wild cards don't count for price rises, I'm guessing they can't predict how many transfers in were part of the wild card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Didn't I read wild cards don't count for price rises, I'm guessing they can't predict how many transfers in were part of the wild card.

It's a good point when you look at players like Aguero. Getting lots of transfers in but you'd imagine a chunk of that would be wildcarders as his price would mean many would need at least 2 transfers to get him in

manual_man wrote: »

This makes me happy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

There was no way Mick was going to let anyone rise.

Now, fire ahead and tweak that groin in training today Kun.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    There was no way Mick was going to let anyone rise.

Now, fire ahead and tweak that groin in training today Kun.

In Mick we trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It's some fúck up at FPL I reckon.

It was just too weird to see just drastic rises in ownership all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

8-10 wrote: »
    It's a good point when you look at players like Aguero. Getting lots of transfers in but you'd imagine a chunk of that would be wildcarders as his price would mean many would need at least 2 transfers to get him in

It'll be really interesting to see how many WCs ended up being used this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Oranage2 wrote: »

Where did you read that?

As for the mess with price changes, it's always more or less the same at the start of each season. Prediction sites need to adapt their algorithm to the new season. Though last year totalfpl figured it out quickly. But fiso was all over the place. This year fplstats seems the closer to reality about price rises. All 3 sites are way wrong about price falls. Maybe FPL slightly changed the price change criterias...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If the price changing blip is actually how it is now rather than a blip then the game has turned in favour of the casual player now.

No Longer will people who catch the rises and bandwagons have a big advantage any more. Quite sad really and takes a little edge off the game for me.

iroced wrote: »
    Where did you read that?

As for the mess with price changes, it's always more or less the same at the start of each season. Prediction sites need to adapt their algorithm to the new season. Though last year totalfpl figured it out quickly. But fiso was all over the place. This year fplstats seems the closer to reality about price rises. All 3 sites are way wrong about price falls. Maybe FPL slightly changed the price change criterias...

This is not them changing the criteria, it is them taking away the data the fpl sites used. They mostly figured it all out before they hid the data last Saturday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

dahat wrote: »
    If the price changing blip is actually how it is now rather than a blip then the game has turned in favour of the casual player now.

No Longer will people who catch the rises and bandwagons have a big advantage any more. Quite sad really and takes a little edge off the game for me.

Have to agree...

iroced wrote: »
    Where did you read that?

It's very different this year. The criteria seems to be in flux the last 2 weeks and FPL have now removed key data from the site code meaning the required data can no longer be extrapolated.

The price sites are now running workaround guesstimates and none are accurate enough to be reliable. Hopefully the required data can be found within another node on the site and things are up and running. I'm holding off my WC for now for a few weeks just in case things get worked out and hope to use it between GW 7 and 8 international break. I think anyone that build up a large team value this year will have a much greater advantage than previous years due to the price change issues and a WC will be crucial to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Between the baps system being completely overhauled and hugely favouring defenders last year and now this getting a pain in my head with FPL - if it's not broke don't fix it.

Are they trying to drive us away?

• Advertisement

It's very different this year. The criteria seems to be in flux the last 2 weeks and FPL have now removed key data from the site code meaning the required data can no longer be extrapolated.

The price sites are now running workaround guesstimates and none are accurate enough to be reliable. Hopefully the required data can be found within another node on the site and things are up and running. I'm holding off my WC for now for a few weeks just in case things get worked out and hope to use it between GW 7 and 8 international break. I think anyone that build up a large team value this year will have a much greater advantage than previous years due to the price change issues and a WC will be crucial to this.

FPL Statistics have revised percentages for all players today from what I see, every time there is an update of prices and they have it wrong they should get more accurate. Total FPL still showing people way over the 100% and don't seem to have updated their calcs recently at all.

Advertisement