Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes FPL 14/15 **Mod warning 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Fpl stats is the most accurate (that I'm aware of anyway). They give their accuaracy at the top of the page - currently 98% for risers and 97% for fallers.

It's impossible to calculate the accuracy really. For eg it might say for most of the day that a player isn't due a rise. At midnight, it might switch to say he's due a rise, and they calculate that as being accurate, when in reality for most of the day it wasn't. This is most noticeable on a Saturday morning a few hours after the transfer window, loads of players will be due a rise based on high transfer rate early in the morning. Closer to midnight these players won't be showing as due to rise and again that will go down as being accurate when they don't rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭AlanDeGenerous

FFFix' accuracy is absolutely plummeting. Is it possible they changed the algorithim again, or is it likely a DGW issue?

No fallers or risers last night, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

FFFix' accuracy is absolutely plummeting. Is it possible they changed the algorithim again, or is it likely a DGW issue?

No fallers or risers last night, btw.

It appeared earlier in the season that WC transfers didn't impact in price changes so I guess its impossible for them to differentiate between WC transfers and non-WC transfers. Maybe?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

qwabercd wrote: »
    It's impossible to calculate the accuracy really. For eg it might say for most of the day that a player isn't due a rise. At midnight, it might switch to say he's due a rise, and they calculate that as being accurate, when in reality for most of the day it wasn't. This is most noticeable on a Saturday morning a few hours after the transfer window, loads of players will be due a rise based on high transfer rate early in the morning. Closer to midnight these players won't be showing as due to rise and again that will go down as being accurate when they don't rise.
    Well, what matters is their accuracy at approx. 1.40 am GMT when price does actually change in FPL.
    I haven't used the site for quite some time. But they issued a statement during the Jan WC period that they were experiencing difficulties to account for the WC effect. For what I remember they were back to some decent predictions after it. Don't think I used the site since the first DGW and thus the last WC episode of the season. Maybe they again struggle to cope with it.

FPLstats have asked their users to give them their ID when they did use their WC such that they could take them into account. I don't know exactly what they've been doing but they're the more reliable site anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Rooney and Ameobi down.
    Pelle up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,994 ✭✭✭G1032

Up - Adrian
    Down - Murray, Clyne, Remy

Ramsey, Giroud, Bellerin & Young UP !

Silva, Bolasie, Murray, McGregor, Eriksen, Ki, Ideye, Zouma, ADM, Hernandez, Thomas
    & Nene DOWN !

---

Basically Arsenal in, Crystal Palace & Silva out :p !

Sanchez, Benteke, Terry & Morgan UP !

Sterling, Kane, Berahino, Wollscheid, Dann, Murray, Elia, Gouffran, Kramaric, Gabriel, Cuadrado, Lowton
    & Arfield DOWN !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Murray hat-trick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭Invincible

Risers: None

Fallers:

Austin

Mason

Song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lost 0.1 on Austin :mad:
    Unlikely to matter anyhow.
    I could have done Austin-->Giroud last night but wanted to wait for Arsenal to play

spock. wrote: »
    Lost 0.1 on Austin :mad:
    Unlikely to matter anyhow.
    I could have done Austin-->Giroud last night but wanted to wait for Arsenal to play

Tempting as it was, but if Giroud got injured tonight you'd kick yourself.

Azpi & Jagielka UP !

Gayle
    DOWN !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    Azpi & Jagielka UP !

Gayle
    DOWN !

Interesting to see Azpi go up. I would of thought he's a player who can easily be rotated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Benteke or Rambo rise tonight? I've had a quick look there on fpl stats but not sure

Benteke or Rambo rise tonight? I've had a quick look there on fpl stats but not sure
    They're both around 88% right now. So they could rise... But recent history indicates they shouldn't. Tonight at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Benteke rising according to FFFix. Ramsey 95% but projected to go tomorrow. Flag will probably slow him down a lot.

Risers:

Montreal

Ulloa

Faller:

Murray

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

Murray has taken some pounding. 0.4m drop in 6 days, with Utd next and LFC after that....titanic-esque

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

IK09 wrote: »
    Murray has taken some pounding. 0.4m drop in 6 days, with Utd next and LFC after that....titanic-esque

Delighted. Brought the useless lump in after his 36 points in 3 weeks and he proceeded to score 3 points in the next 2 home games. Thunderbastard

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

keano_afc wrote: »
    Delighted. Brought the useless lump in after his 36 points in 3 weeks and he proceeded to score 3 points in the next 2 home games. Thunderbastard

That and Bolasie are the perfect examples of bandwagons. The wheels only stay on so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lemlin wrote: »
    That and Bolasie are the perfect examples of bandwagons. The wheels only stay on so long.

Bolasie was the ultimate bandwagon. Murray had more form and history of goal scoring, but his chance conversion percentage was ridiculously unsustainable

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Bolasie was the ultimate bandwagon. Murray had more form and history of goal scoring, but his chance conversion percentage was ridiculously unsustainable

bolasie had 4 goals in 99 games before that hat trick

Risers:

Aguero

Benteke

Cazorla

Ramsey

Faller:

Henderson

• Registered Users Posts: 48,220 ✭✭✭✭km79

Invincible wrote: »
    Risers:

Aguero

Benteke

Cazorla

Ramsey

Faller:

Henderson

oh cazorla up.........could do without another rise from him before Monday night while I decide
    and Ramsey again crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

That could be disastrous for me. I couldn't decide on my transfer this week as any Henderson >>> Ramsey move would have required 3 transfers (-4) and things are too tight in my league (I've a 5 point lead but a worse midfield). Now I think it would need 4 transfers so my hand is probably forced into a different plan now.

Risers:

Ospina 4.9 - 5.0

Sanchez 11.3 - 11.4

Fallers:

Hernandez 6.5 - 6.4

Naughton 4.1 - 4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

up: Silva
    down: Clark, Rooney, Fabianski, Kane, Sterling, Hazard, Murray, Remy, Fabregas, Austin, Besic, Moreno, Mane, Kramaric

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

UP

Albrighton
    Elmohamady
    Bellerin
    Benteke

Down

Downing
    Mannone
    Clyne
    Puncheon
    Oscar
    Ideye