Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs. Crystal Palace: Emirates Stadium 17:30 Sky sports 1 - Mod note in OP

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

If you listen closely you can hear pulis turning in his managerial grave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

No foul on Chesney on that corner, lucky to get away with it.

Not really, ball was cleared anyway

greendom wrote: »
    Not really, ball was cleared anyway

Two separate points really. A 'keeper flapping like that a yard from his line is lucky if the ball doesn't end up in the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Thought Debuchy had a very good game.

Two separate points really. A 'keeper flapping like that a yard from his line is lucky if the ball doesn't end up in the net.

If Palace still had possession or the ball was in the back of the net you can talk about luck. The defence did its job so there was no need for luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Phew ....
    That was hard.
    We played very poorly but got a result.
    We can only improve :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Get the fúck in!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Surprised they're not taking selfies out on the pitch already.

If Palace still had possession or the ball was in the back of the net you can talk about luck. The defence did its job so there was no need for luck.

So if the ball ends up in the net it's bad luck but if it doesn't it's good defending?

So if the ball ends up in the net it's bad luck but if it doesn't it's good defending?

No if the ball ends up in the back of the net its lucky if we got a free kick

• Advertisement

No if the ball ends up in the back of the net its lucky if we got a free kick

1. Shouldn't have been a free kick.
    2. Did the way Chesney handled the cross inspire you with confidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont think it was a free kick at on Scyzensy at all but 9/10 a goalkeeper gets those decision because the ball doesnt end up in the net i dont theirs anything more you can say really.

Ideally youd want your goalkeeper to be in charge and command his 6yard box when you know whats gonna happen but the outcome, regardless of the free out was the same, ball was being cleared.

1. Shouldn't have been a free kick.
    2. Did the way Chesney handled the cross inspire you with confidence?

1. Immaterial as ball was cleared.

2. He did poorly but I still have confidence in him Defence did well to cover for him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Ugh, I know, it was just a childish joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I dont think it was a free kick at on Scyzensy at all but 9/10 a goalkeeper gets those decision because the ball doesnt end up in the net i dont theirs anything more you can say really.

Ideally youd want your goalkeeper to be in charge and command his 6yard box when you know whats gonna happen but the outcome, regardless of the free out was the same, ball was being cleared.

A noted referee (ex-EPL) told me that they give a freekick for jumping with the keeper in the 6 yard box so was not surprised that the free was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Arsenal looked seriously undercooked for this game - pre-season not what it should have been? They never looked like getting of 2nd gear and made up a truly awful game of football.

Very fortunate to get a win. Surely will have to improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Arsenal looked seriously undercooked for this game - pre-season not what it should have been? They never looked like getting of 2nd gear and made up a truly awful game of football.

Any kind if build up/big occasion/pressure game and we suck.

I'm convinced that if you drugged and blindfolded the Arsenal team and revived them on the pitch at kick off in the CL final against Real, they'd be fine.

Wenger himself said that the season started a week to early what with it being a World Cup year. Players joining up in dribs and drabs can't be good for preparation.

Advertisement