Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flying with DE blades

• 16-08-2014 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi All
    In spain at moment due home soon, I didn't bring any blades with me on way out. Does anyone know if de blades are allowed in hand luggage these days ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I would guess not in hand luggage. I mistakenly forgot to take the blade out before my last jaunt and they pulled it after it went through the xray machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Thanks for that I'll leave the blades behind, to save any hassle at airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

You are not allowed to take safety/DE or straights razors in your carry on luggage.
    You are permitted to take cartridge razors/blades (mach 3/sensor/fusion types)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You are not allowed to take safety/DE or straights razors in your carry on luggage.
    You are permitted to take cartridge razors/blades (mach 3/sensor/fusion types)

Spot on,
    I once carried my DE razor (not blades) in my hand luggage and even this upset security people somewhat. No problems carrying a "shudder" mach 3 though.

I normally just take a Sensor if am only flying with hand luggage.
    (Although I do confess to opting for checked in luggage at times where it meant I didn't have to go without a proper DE shave for a number of nights!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭nc6000

When going on holidays this year I brought a safety razor with no blades hoping I could get some when I got there. The razor was picked up on in Dublin Airport and they took it out of my hand luggage to check it for a blade.

When on hols I picked up a Wilkinson Sword razor with 5 blades for about €5. I was really happy with the few shaves I had with the WS blades so I left them in my washbag in my hand luggage and got them home without a problem.

On the way out I just took apart the razor and put it in the clear bag with aftershave and stuff. No problem in dublin :) Hopefully the same will work in malaga on way home. Not going to worry about the blades 10 Bic cost 2.20 and sister in law took home 1 pack of 5. Got a Nivea shaving cream for 2 euro or there abouts I'll bring it home.

The Nivea cream is great value. Worth picking up La Toja, Lea and Floid if you see it on your travels.

I got the La Toja as well but think I'll have to leave it behind its a 150ml tube got 50% free so its too big for the security checks.Got a La Toja shaving soap stick like the Palmolive one to bring home don't think that should cause a problem. I'll have another look in morning and see what else I can find.

Advertisement