Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planetary Annihilation

Options
  • 16-08-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone been playing the beta? Do you think it is at a point worth playing yet? I grabbed it in a Steam sale but I don't want to start playing if it's going to be a buggy headache.

Recent gameplay vid here looks quite polished:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgAX-YI7e60

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Bumping an old thread to say that they did the official launch, I bought it and it's terrible. There's a whole bunch of things I could talk about, like how the 3D spherical maps are just an annoying gimmick, or how the gameplay favours spamming over anything else, or how the UI has no tooltips for ambiguous buttons, but the main gripe is that the single-player mode, with you vs the AI, still has to use the online servers, cannot be saved, and is completely lost if there is a disconnect.

They're still talking about the game on their own forums as if it wasn't released yet, saying they want to do X, Y and Z to fix problems in the future, as if that wasn't a ludicrous attitude to have for a game that is supposed to be a full release.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's a huge thread in PC Gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 7,374 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

There's a PC gaming board?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yes

Advertisement