Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennedy Wright

Options
  • 16-08-2014 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Heard on the dart earlier that Kennedy Wright in Charlesland has closed. Anyone know if that's the case or if they've gone out of business?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

Gina1983 wrote: »
    Heard on the dart earlier that Kennedy Wright in Charlesland has closed. Anyone know if that's the case or if they've gone out of business?

They're relocating to Newtownmountkennedy & Stillorgan...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

Gina1983 wrote: »

They're not closing. However, I overheard they will no longer be the agents for the estate from the end of September. Strange that residents haven't been notified.

caji wrote: »
    They're not closing. However, I overheard they will no longer be the agents for the estate from the end of September. Strange that residents haven't been notified.

It's only Park & Grove that will no longer have them as their management agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Honestly!

JanneG wrote: »
    It's only Park & Grove that will no longer have them as their management agents.

It's unacceptable for this to happen without an EGM. I've heard they are resigning over conflict with a director? We need to know what's going on, who will replace, who has picked their replacement and, why.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maybe if you want an EGM contact the directors to request one

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

Honestly! wrote: »
    It's unacceptable for this to happen without an EGM. I've heard they are resigning over conflict with a director? We need to know what's going on, who will replace, who has picked their replacement and, why.

You should request an EGM to get your (and I'm sure others) questions answered by the directors.

I think speculations on a public forum isn't the best way to get any sort of answers, but you appear not to be the only one feeling there's a lack of communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Aronaay

Leaflets are being delivered at the moment for the new management company

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

That's because people in the Wood are much nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Honestly!

You should request an EGM to get your (and I'm sure others) questions answered by the directors.

I think speculations on a public forum isn't the best way to get any sort of answers, but you appear not to be the only one feeling there's a lack of communication.

The latest crop of directors have no contact details. There used to be an email address but they stopped using it.

I see "Gardening" is the major focus of the new Mgmt. Co. "Petra" in their brochure. I understand that one of the directors, who was not appointed at the AGM, came on board as he was appalled at the previous landscaper being let go, even though there were cost savings. The objective now seems to have been met.

I would think that following through with the collection of outstanding fees, which Kennedy Wright were moving well on, would be the priority and not roses and daffodils.

There were some issues for a time but the maintenance etc. had picked up and I for one and not happy at the way Kennedy Wright seem to have been left no choice but to resign. Many residents are expressing the same view and are very much "out of joint".

Nice 4 page coloured brochure from Petra. I hope we are not paying for this now or going forward!

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Whats the name of the management company?

Surely you can get details of the directors through cro.ie

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement