Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIT to UL

Options
  • 16-08-2014 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Is it possible after completing year one of applied computing in WIT to transfer to year 2 of computer systems in UL? Assuming you have the correct number of leaving cert points?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Without knowing what that course in WIT involves, it's hard to give a direct answer.

Typically transfers like this depend on the content you've covered being similar enough to what first year in the course you're transferring to has covered that you won't be struggling with it.

You will need to contact the course director for Computer Systems here in UL and see what they can advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 michel1234

The course content is basically the same in year 1, If the content is very similar would you say there is a good chance I could transfer if my grades in year 1 of applied computer were good?

Only the course director could tell you that for sure, but if it's as close as you say the chances are reasonable. But you need to get in touch with the UL people ASAP to get this done.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 michel1234

Chimaera wrote: »
    Only the course director could tell you that for sure, but if it's as close as you say the chances are reasonable. But you need to get in touch with the UL people ASAP to get this done.

But If I want to transfer next year into year 2 should I not wait till like march to enquire about it :)?

Your query suggested you'd just completed first year in WIT and are waiting to go into second year. If you're just done with leaving cert and have the points for UL why not just apply there directly?

• Advertisement
Advertisement