Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Explosive start and idling RPM

• 16-08-2014 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,
    I started my FZS600 earlier and there was a loud bang out of the exhaust, some debris blown out and it died. Started it again and it ran fine, rode it about 80miles and not a bother. I thought maybe a small bird had gotten up under the bike cover and camped out in my exhaust! But no sign of a barbequed feathered friend on the ground. Any ideas?

Also, I hadn't noticed before as I'm still getting a feel for the bike but after I start it with the choke open, let it idle high and then close the choke, it idles funnily with the revs fluctuating between 1100 and 1300 without any throttle interference. Even sitting at the lights once it's warmed up and it still bounces up and down the revs by itself. Is this normal?!

Took a nice spin earlier from Naas out to Blessington, up through Brittas to Tallaght and over to Cotters in Ballymount. Came back via red cow and Naas Road, fookin blustery on that N7 I tell ya!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

what year fzs? my mates 2005 model does it when he takes the baffles out of the exhaust, you got a backfire from unburnt fuel i'd reckon when you were starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Mine do a bit of rev hunting but I don't know exactly how much.

You could possibly service it if it hasn't had one in a while and also look into balancing the carbs.

Any flat spots when you open it up? Like hesitations as it moves through the revs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 chiplad

02 fzs, I reckon it prob was just a backfire, no hassle out of it today :)

No, no flat spots when opening up, goes pretty much like a bullet! Ill keep an eye on it and get it serviced if it keeps up, cheers lads.

Advertisement