Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads partly blocking text

Options
  • 16-08-2014 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I have an issue when browsing boards from an iPad using Chrome as the browser. Ads on the right hand side overlap and block text in people's posts by about 4 or 5 characters e.g. there's an ad for enable ireland currently on the site that does this. It makes posts harder to comprehend and is annoying! Photo attached.

Edit - The issue doesn't appear in Safari

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

I have the same issue but with safari on the ipad. Advert on the rhs of the page is overlaying the forum, cutting off the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Spook80

I've been having this as well using safari and is really annoying. Hope there's a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭palmcut

I'm getting the same problem on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Damer

Ditto here with safari on ipad, its frustrating!!
    When is there likely to be a fix?

I haven't had this problem since making that post. I wondered whether it was to do with not posting for a while and noticed all other posters in this thread hadn't posted in at least a month, and now again, poster above 1st post in 7 months.
    Coincidence?

• Advertisement

Strangely you might be right! The ads have now disappeared on Safari (though still there on chrome!) very odd!!

Just logged in via chrome and ads have vanished! Whoop!

Damer wrote: »
    Just logged in via chrome and ads have vanished! Whoop!

Nice one. Ah well I guess as long as it's working. If it happens again we can pop in say hello. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭IT-Guy

I think you might be correct, I haven't had the problem since posting. Must be a script to deliver ads to users who prefer to browse and are infrequent posters

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bassets

This is driving me mad while trying to browse the site, is there any fix in the pipeline?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭BJohnson

Same here, using Safari on the iPad.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement