Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Notes missing/iCloud question

• 16-08-2014 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Hi, noticed this evening all my notes are missing (iPhone 5s)
    When I log into iCloud on laptop ,they are all there.
    How do I get them back onto my phone?
    Also while I was googling the problem , one of the causes I found was that yahoo will sync them to one of it's own folders, I recently opened my yahoo mail, that I haven't used in years, and not on any iOS device.
    However I can't see them in there, I've since logged out of yahoo.
    Can anyone help??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Ok, just noticed that all my contacts have disappeared too, what is going on can anyone tell me??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

First of all, get onto iCloud.com and make a backup of your contacts to keep offline. Don't skip this step.

Then try toggling the contacts and notes off and then on again on your iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Zcott wrote: »
    First of all, get onto iCloud.com and make a backup of your contacts to keep offline. Don't skip this step.

Then try toggling the contacts and notes off and then on again on your iPhone.

Tried the toggling on and off, and it reinstated the contacts! :)
    But no joy with the notes.
    But... I discovered a fix by accident.
    Swipe down the home screen to reveal the search bar.
    I Typed in part of something that i knew Is stored in my notes.
    iOS will display a preview, click to view the note.
    Then when I went back into notes, they were all there!

Strange but it worked!

Advertisement