Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last straw with Gamestop and what not

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Not quite, the level 3 card is €16.99, which is the 10% extra on trade ins, returning your games and stuff. The level 1 card is free, and with purchases you make, you buy your way up to level 3 essentially.

And you definitely should have got a receipt, I'd go in and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

cloud493 wrote: »
    Not quite, the level 3 card is €16.99, which is the 10% extra on trade ins, returning your games and stuff. The level 1 card is free, and with purchases you make, you buy your way up to level 3 essentially.

And you definitely should have got a receipt, I'd go in and ask.

So your telling me to return a item you need a level 3 card that costs €17 euro ?. No wonder i buy all my new games online now :rolleyes: expect Fifa 15 witch i got in Super Valve as it was only €50 for next gen ....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,754 ✭✭✭lertsnim

So you must pay for a higher "loyalty" card?

I dont ever see myself buying from Gamestop again.

Basically. Either the 16.99 to buy it out right, or you pay for it with what you buy, a euro = 1 carrot, 1200 carrots to go up a level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,347 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

this Gamestop loyalty card thing sounds like a decent rental program, lol!

• Advertisement

Don't suppose anyone happens to know, if I want to return something to gamestop, and I'm not sure where my receipt is, but I have it on my loyalty card, will that be sufficient to get back credit for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭EDDIE WATERS

Don't suppose anyone happens to know, if I want to return something to gamestop, and I'm not sure where my receipt is, but I have it on my loyalty card, will that be sufficient to get back credit for it?

Depends on what it is. I bought back Killzone and your man was going on about this is`nt a rental shop.

I actually found the receipt, but its been.... 23 days since it came out (destiny) So I don't know if its worth trying to return it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I actually found the receipt, but its been.... 23 days since it came out (destiny) So I don't know if its worth trying to return it.

Over here in Canada, which I assume has much the same policies as Europe, you can return it as any level of Edge member with no questions asked within 7 days for a full refund. After 7 days, you're bang out of luck and it's a case of trading in or keeping it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Thread seems redundant imo, starts off with we hate gamestop mentality followed by nah,nah,nah,nah,nah,nah,nah Gamestop ending with WE LOVE THE LEADER, I Mean GAMESTOP...

Tomorrow morning I am going up to Lisburn to buy games in GAME as for reasons still fully unknown to me I am not allowed to shop in Gamestop, IMO they are a bunch of overpriced bullies with no knowledge of what gamers want, continue to shop with them at your own peril.

• Advertisement

Its mainly laziness on my part, to be honest. I go to Newry/belfast every 2 weeks, but by the time I've done my main shopping with a very fidgety 9 year old, I always forget or cant be bothered to go to Game, and I have a gamestop 10 minute walk from my door.

I am not allowed to shop in Gamestop

How does that work?

they are a bunch of overpriced bullies with no knowledge of what gamers want

Corporately, that's probably pretty fair. For the staff, it's a job. They're working in a shop at the end of the day, they're not going to care all that much about the customers, no more than the lady in Tesco gives a toss about whether you enjoy your bread.

However, by the same note, anyone who continues give GameStop their business forfeits the right to actually complain about them. There are no shortage of alternatives these days, whether digital downloads, online stores or whatever.

Fine if you've never had any actual experience with GameStop before, a complaint there is par for the course, but if you're familiar with who they are and how they work and still complain, then I don't buy that the problem is them.

They're a horrible company, but they're a horrible company that people continually spend money with, and for that reason they're going to continue to be a horrible company

COYVB wrote: »
    How does that work?

I don't know tbh, I had a war with them this time last year that ended with me being unpolitely told to fcuk off, they have been bullying me for years tbh and I don't ever want to give the cnuts any business ever again and would love to see them gone which will happen soon either way I will probably be taking legal action soon so I won't say anymore.

All I will say is be careful what you buy and trade with them as that loyalty card is a sneaky way to track what each customer is doing and tesco isn't really a good comparison as tesco don't buy from you.

How does a shop bully you? And why did you, seemingly, keep going back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,362 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

And why did you, seemingly, keep going back?

This. If a place mistreats you once - once is a mistake. If it happens twice, then don't bloody well go there again.

How does a shop bully you? And why did you, seemingly, keep going back?

Thats a long story, you don't wanna get into it :P

I'm genuinely super curious lol

I'm genuinely super curious lol

Amongst other things I have OCD, an Autistic Spectrum Disorder, I like being able to buy my games in a store rather than over the internet, I have a very repetitive nature I am not really sure why I kept going back i thought some of the people in the stores were nice tbh, it really is a prime example of the basis of insanity in that I do the same thing over and over and expect different results, I am 100% serious here I have/should say had been shopping in Gamestop since the place opened as Gamesworld in the mid to late 90s.

I thought some of these people were my friends, they were not, since about 1999 they have called me a very bad name which to this day almost 16 years later every staff member from former members that work in different stores now and even post on this site to their ****ing area manager I haven't even met use this name as a slur towards me, I have been singled out amongst tens of thousands of Irish customers and been barred for as far as I can tell trading in too much which in a store thats prime purpose is to except traded games it makes no sense I vow to sue the next one of them to do with this company in any way shape or form that slanders me again.

Not really an lol type story really more how some poor ****er has been abused by bullies but who really gives a ****.

Amongst other things I have OCD, an Autistic Spectrum Disorder, I like being able to buy my games in a store rather than over the internet, I have a very repetitive nature I am not really sure why I kept going back i thought some of the people in the stores were nice tbh, it really is a prime example of the basis of insanity in that I do the same thing over and over and expect different results, I am 100% serious here I have/should say had been shopping in Gamestop since the place opened as Gamesworld in the mid to late 90s.

I thought some of these people were my friends, they were not, since about 1999 they have called me a very bad name which to this day almost 16 years later every staff member from former members that work in different stores now and even post on this site to their ****ing area manager I haven't even met use this name as a slur towards me, I have been singled out amongst tens of thousands of Irish customers and been barred for as far as I can tell trading in too much which in a store thats prime purpose is to except traded games it makes no sense I vow to sue the next one of them to do with this company in any way shape or form that slanders me again.

Not really an lol type story really more how some poor ****er has been abused by bullies but who really gives a ****.

I wouldn't be waiting for them to do it again to be taking action over it! That's shocking carry on and they should be taken to task over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

On Boards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

2632609-4885097212-pc-ga.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I was barred from gamestop recently too.

I have been buying games accessories consoles there for years. in the November headset sale I bought a tango headset for 129 euro I rang head office and said I wanna change order to astro a 50 and they said no problem and debited my card. package arrived my wife checked inside box and headset was in there but it wasn't the headset I ordered and she knew no better. she put headset away as was for Christmas and first week in December we were wrapping presents and I spotted the headset was the original one I ordered and not the astro headset. so I rang gamestop head office explained that was the wrong headset and said I need it for Christmas. so they said we cant take it back prior to Christmas as too busy and risk of it being mislaid. I then said can I return it to local gamestop and head office said that's a good idea. so I went to gamestop newbridge and was told no way would they return without an email from head office. I again rang head office and they told store staff to return it for exchange or refund because of mixup etc.

so when I called into gamestop following day I was greeted with hi ray and store manager took headset from me cut all seals on box and searched box for content and to see was it opened before even though box was sealed. after he did what he had to he said to me by the way in future you are no longer allowed to trade in gamestop in Ireland I was like wtf.... infront of several customers he made utter **** of me and when I asked why I was barred he said take it up with head office I am not talking to you about it now leave please. so I am walking out raging carrying my daughter and I was utterly embarrassed.

I rang head office and they said yes you indeed have been barred by the manager, I was like what do you mean by that why am I barred?? they said the manager told the area manager I was an unimportant trader customer and I had threatened staff... I am a big guy but I am a soft soul I would never threaten anyone.........

so I asked to speak to senior management and eventually got talking to area manager and he went through what happened and spoke to manager and basically he said I traded too often and only really bought stuff on special so I was a nuisance customer basically.

eventually the area manager said that I was not barred and apologised stressing that the manager was obviously under a lot of stress with his job and not to take any notice of him.

I have not bought there since and I will never darken the door again unless I absolutely have to and it suits me....

sorry this post is badly put together btw but I am rushing

btw all those shops have a returns policy where managers are punished for taking faulty stock back so know your rights lads as the companies set managers task of pawning you off or trying to get you to not return faulty goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Wow, that's pretty OTT for a simple headset return

Cormac... wrote: »
    Wow, that's pretty OTT for a simple headset return
    yes the manager didn't like the fact that I went to head office tbh. on a power trip imo

its actually shocking to see the way some gamestop staff treat people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was barred from gamestop recently too.

I have been buying games accessories consoles there for years. in the November headset sale I bought a tango headset for 129 euro I rang head office and said I wanna change order to astro a 50 and they said no problem and debited my card. package arrived my wife checked inside box and headset was in there but it wasn't the headset I ordered and she knew no better. she put headset away as was for Christmas and first week in December we were wrapping presents and I spotted the headset was the original one I ordered and not the astro headset. so I rang gamestop head office explained that was the wrong headset and said I need it for Christmas. so they said we cant take it back prior to Christmas as too busy and risk of it being mislaid. I then said can I return it to local gamestop and head office said that's a good idea. so I went to gamestop newbridge and was told no way would they return without an email from head office. I again rang head office and they told store staff to return it for exchange or refund because of mixup etc.

so when I called into gamestop following day I was greeted with hi ray and store manager took headset from me cut all seals on box and searched box for content and to see was it opened before even though box was sealed. after he did what he had to he said to me by the way in future you are no longer allowed to trade in gamestop in Ireland I was like wtf.... infront of several customers he made utter **** of me and when I asked why I was barred he said take it up with head office I am not talking to you about it now leave please. so I am walking out raging carrying my daughter and I was utterly embarrassed.

I rang head office and they said yes you indeed have been barred by the manager, I was like what do you mean by that why am I barred?? they said the manager told the area manager I was an unimportant trader customer and I had threatened staff... I am a big guy but I am a soft soul I would never threaten anyone.........

so I asked to speak to senior management and eventually got talking to area manager and he went through what happened and spoke to manager and basically he said I traded too often and only really bought stuff on special so I was a nuisance customer basically.

eventually the area manager said that I was not barred and apologised stressing that the manager was obviously under a lot of stress with his job and not to take any notice of him.

I have not bought there since and I will never darken the door again unless I absolutely have to and it suits me....

sorry this post is badly put together btw but I am rushing

What a bunch of **** heads!

What a bunch of **** heads!
    tbh I was more than a loyal customer for years on end I wouldn't go anywhere else. I was actually hurt and upset by the whole experience. now I gameshare on xbox one and save a fortune.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was actually hurt and upset by the whole experience. now

I would be too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

tbh I was more than a loyal customer for years on end I wouldn't go anywhere else. I was actually hurt and upset by the whole experience. now I gameshare on xbox one and save a fortune.

Werent you the dude, who bough a game in Gamestop, then ordered same game on Amazon, then you brought it for full refund amazon version to gamestop? So you would play game on launch, but not pay Gamestop price?

Advertisement