Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rescued 2 week old kitten

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

:):):)

Your call d!....:)

Who are God Parents? - just to get the family/boardie row started!!!....:D:p

Oh god..................:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just a wild guess, could it be that he's eating too quickly? Another wild guess, could it be that "all" the blood rushes to his stomach to make him digest the food, and leaves him cold? I think this might be one for SillyMango...

By the way, did your friend call last night? What did she say about little Freddie?

(hint hint, nudge nudge)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭taytobreath

damagegt wrote: »
    Nope,there all just over room temp.Iv done a little research and it seems to be quite common but I couldn't find any straight answers to what it was or is it just something some kittens do.

yeah i did a quick google there myself and it seems to be a thing they do. One poster thinks it could be because the kittens energy is been used up by the feeding and digesting of the formula and its body temperature goes a bit cold.

how long does it last?
    Keep him warm anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

My kitty was always cold and shivering for a long time after we got her from the sanctuary - I always thought she was a bit nervous on her own ....she is still a bit like that 8 years on - ***he who shall not be named yet*** just might be a little bit clingy....missing the warmth of the neck! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Snap, Taytobreath... just amended my post to say that, but you were quicker. :)

Its only there as I'm about feed him.Its like hes getting over excited,drinks 25-30ml,have a kinda food related stroke and falls asleep.
    Yes,she called .She looked him over and said hes flying,weight,temps and feeding habits are all good and said the same as silly about the worming and couldn't see any reason to be worried at the moment.Yippie

Happy Happy days d!!.....

You're one of the best.....:)

Now that the stress is over, what colour is everyone wearing to the party?...... :)

xxx GSW :)

Happy Happy days d!!.....

You're one of the best.....:)

Now that the stress is over, what colour is everyone wearing to the party?...... :)

xxx GSW :)

I thought I saw someone out side my window....

BOOOOO..........:eek:

:p:p:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Paddy 1234

Be aware that if traveling for a good while in a car and have the air con on it will dehydrate the kitten or anyone.

With a kitten so young you might want to leave air con off to be on the safe side.

I swear it wasn't me, my alibi is watertight, I was washing my hair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Well those pictures were not suitable to open on the bus.

You will get to the stage of change over from mother food to kitten food.
    I would say you are best to cut down the bottle feeds at that time fast as the mother would so the kitten get hungry.

If you keep bottle feeding why would it want to move on.

But that's a few weeks away.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Its only there as I'm about feed him.Its like hes getting over excited,drinks 25-30ml,have a kinda food related stroke and falls asleep.
    Yes,she called .She looked him over and said hes flying,weight,temps and feeding habits are all good and said the same as silly about the worming and couldn't see any reason to be worried at the moment.Yippie

Glad he's doing so well, congratulations, he looks bigger and the little squeaks were adorable :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Hello, hows things going with the op and kitty. I thought this thread got locked or something because its weirdly quite today. New home are u alive

• Advertisement

Hi Taytobreath - Yes I'm here too - I wasn't worried 'cause I thought the OP, OP jnr and kitty had all gone to Dublin, but that was planned for Sunday, wasn't it? I only hope they've decided to head off earlier than planned...

(Awaiting for news with bated breath...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

New Home wrote: »
    Hi Taytobreath - Yes I'm here too - I wasn't worried 'cause I thought the OP, OP jnr and kitty had all gone to Dublin, but that was planned for Sunday, wasn't it? I only hope they've decided to head off earlier than planned...

(Awaiting for news with bated breath...)
    Hello, hows things going with the op and kitty. I thought this thread got locked or something because its weirdly quite today. New home are u alive

There is a Schrodinger's cat joke in here somewhere.

There is a Schrodinger's cat joke in here somewhere.

GENIUS ANSWER!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Sorry guys.I had to get out of the house for bit so I left him with the boy .It didn't take him long to forget about me.
    IMG_20140822_153438_zps9188ea37.jpg

I heard back from the mods too and they are just talking it over to see If I can get the go ahead on my plan so hopefully just another day or two :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭jimf

Sorry guys.I had to get out of the house for bit so I left him with the boy .It didn't take him long to forget about me.

its female so oh jesus now im in trouble

• Advertisement

jimf wrote: »

its female so oh jesus now im in trouble
    How can you tell ?

Feeding has become a real struggle "shes :)" all over the place swinging off my hand,the bottle,any thing her paws touch.My boy got a claw in the nose and that ended feeding time.

"S/He Who Must Be Obeyed"... is beginning to show her true colours...

:3

Question time:

Ill be heading to Dublin tomorrow until next Thursday.Should I be trying to move to solids in that time frame ?

Personally I wouldn't, at least not in the earlier part of the week - one traumatic experience at a time, e.g. the trip and the new environment - different smells, sounds, etc. I'd wait until you've got him back home, unless you notice that the feeds aren't enough to sustain him any more....

I don't know what anyone else thinks...?

Personally I wouldn't, at least not in the earlier part of the week - one traumatic experience at a time, e.g. the trip and the new environment - different smells, sounds, etc. I'd wait until you've got him back home, unless you notice that the feeds aren't enough to sustain him any more....

Perfect.Its like packing for the boy all over again,everything apart from a carry cot.

I would agree I have no experience of cats but plenty with pups so unless you notice an excessive appetite not being satisfied with liquids I would hold back as advised above

Don't forget the Calpol and the baby monitor... :D

Perfect.Its like packing for the boy all over again,everything apart from a carry cot.

sure you don't mean carry cat:D:D

Sustain him! I was thinking of getting a funnel today hes drinking so much.

Sustain him! I was thinking of getting a funnel today hes drinking so much.

maybe we should name him father jack he seems to be constantly on the bottle

keep him away from the toilet duck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Okay so I've been lurking here, OP you are a fantastic person!! and your new family member is very adorable! Good job on all the care you're giving her, she seems to be perfect now :)

Funnel indeed... :D

I was just thinking you could also try feeding the little Pioneer some baby food, you know the one I mean, the little glass jars with meat reduced to a cream... maybe blend a little bit of it with the formula and the water, it should give him more calories...

Anyway, safe trip to all of you - DO. KEEP. US. POSTED. We live vicariously, here. :)

With all these night feeds I'm sleeping earlier and earlier each night.I'm throw up some pictures of the road trip tomorrow.Hopefully the mods will get back to me soon and Ill reveal the plan :) Night all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ah first family road trip!

With all these night feeds I'm sleeping earlier and earlier each night.I'm throw up some pictures of the road trip tomorrow.Hopefully the mods will get back to me soon and Ill reveal the plan :) Night all

hope u have a baby seat

jimf wrote: »
    hope u have a baby seat

No, I think he has a cat's cradle... ;)

How can you tell ?

Feeding has become a real struggle "shes :)" all over the place swinging off my hand,the bottle,any thing her paws touch.My boy got a claw in the nose and that ended feeding time.

When you think about it this a kitten that is fighting to live while the others died.

Your kid got a scratch and feeding was over.?
    Tell your kid to cop on.......a scratch.!

No one in a pet forum has not got scratched or bites.

It is what young do until they learn not to particulary with a strange person who might not be feeding them like you did.

Also be sure to have the air con off while traveling with the kitten.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Paddy 1234 wrote: »

Paddy1234, please mind your tone. The young lad got a scratch on the face. I'm sure that hurt.
    Regardless, take into account the feelgood factor in this thread, and keep it at that. This is neither the time nor place for the indignation.
    Do not reply to this post on thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

^^^^^

Why do some people (not DBB by the way lol) keep trying to bring down the love that is going on in this thread?

I'm a doggy person first and foremost and cat person......way down the list. But have been locked hard on this thread. And as soon as I can get the OPs exact address, I am stealing the wee kitty. Have been so changed to the "dark side" over the last few days and can feel the love in every post :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,192 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I agree FanadMan, I actually have a fear of cats and am still glued to this thread. Boardsie is so cute!!

Paddy 1234 wrote: »
    When you think about it this a kitten that is fighting to live while the others died.

No one in a pet forum has not got scratched or bites.

It is what young do until they learn not to particulary with a strange person who might not be feeding them like you did.
    Lol,this thread has it all.

But I think we might be ok.I pushed him down the stairs this morning and when he asked why,I told him the man on the internet was disappointed in him.We picked up some top shelf mags too and were booked in to get a tattoo on his face,I think he picked a flaming skull with a rose in its mouth.Hopefully this will be enough to turn him into a man but if not maybe I could get some more pointers from you ?

Thanks guys .We're off now so I might not get back to here for day or two but Ill post some picks and stuff as soon I can.:D

kitten_k wrote: »
    I agree FanadMan, I actually have a fear of cats and am still glued to this thread. Boardsie is so cute!!

Strange choice of name :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

Lol,this thread has it all.

But I think we might be ok.I pushed him down the stairs this morning and when he asked why,I told him the man on the internet was disappointed in him.We picked up some top shelf mags too and were booked in to get a tattoo on his face,I think he picked a flaming skull with a rose in its mouth.Hopefully this will be enough to turn him into a man but if not maybe I could get some more pointers from you ?

An interested parent would make sure it was a gang related tattoo. That way others will be afraid of him and his "homies".

http://www.crimelibrary.com/photogallery/prison-tattoo-field-guide.html

We're off now so I might not get back to here for day or two but Ill post some picks and stuff as soon I can.:D
    We'll miss you lot! :pac:

• Advertisement

An interested parent would make sure it was a gang related tattoo. That way others will be afraid of him and his "homies".

http://www.crimelibrary.com/photogallery/prison-tattoo-field-guide.html

WOW! There fantastic.I wanted him to get this http://www.crimelibrary.com/photogallery/prison-tattoo-field-guide.html?curPhoto=12

But in the end he went for this http://www.crimelibrary.com/photogallery/prison-tattoo-field-guide.html?curPhoto=13 Euch

Ill stop now :) BYEEEE

have a safe journey now I can cut the lawn if I don't I could be moving to kinsale for lodgings

1 once heard a saying which I think very much applies here it went

the smallest things take up the most room in your heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

^^^ Love it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

OP you are a star. All the best with your new best friend. I am in Cork myself with two (soon to be 3) cats of my own so if you ever need a catminder for a few days give me a shout.

Sam

• Advertisement
Advertisement