Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rescued 2 week old kitten

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I miss obsessively checking this thread.

Hope your trip is going well :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Come on damage.....there are a lot of surrogate parents waiting for an update......and lots of pics/vids of our wee guy on his hols :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

FanadMan wrote: »
    Come on damage.....there are a lot of surrogate parents waiting for an update......and lots of pics/vids of our wee guy on his hols :):)

Hey all :).Sorry I haven't had much time but I have a day off today.The journey went fine.He didn't even wake up.Hes doing really well,350g :eek: and sleeping through the night now as well.

You can see the "shake" he has.He only gets it after eating.I don't think its anything to be worried about ???He sleeps,eat,mauls my hands,bite me for a bit and falls asleep on my neck.
    http://vimeo.com/104501908
    Enjoy:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Last poster: damagegt

"YAY, KITTEN!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Awww, he's so tiny :) BTW I haven't closely followed the discussions on what sex 'boardsie' is, but going by what is on display in the first video, I'd say he's a boy!

Alun wrote: »
    Awww, he's so tiny :) BTW I haven't closely followed the discussions on what sex 'boardsie' is, but going by what is on display in the first video, I'd say he's a boy!

I have no idea!I contacted the mods a few days ago with an idea of naming him/her but they havent gave me the go ahead yet.But let it be known I'm leaving it up to ye fine people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭StevieNicksFan

Love that you are watching Jeremy Kyle!

Love that you are watching Jeremy Kyle!

lol I was wondering who would hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

I am absolutely thrilled that the little kitten has thrived. He/she looks so well. Definitely a keeper! :)

damagegt wrote: »
    lol I was wondering who would hear it.

OT but They should give a newborn kitten to half the wasters on that show and see how they get on after a week - before they are allowed to have children

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭Wossack

OT but They should give a newborn kitten to half the wasters on that show and see how they get on after a week - before they are allowed to have children

wont get many supporters of such blatant animal cruelty around here! :)

Wossack wrote: »
    wont get many supporters of such blatant animal cruelty around here! :)

True! I take that back!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

WHY CAN'T I SEE THE PICTURES????????

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

snoopy84 wrote: »
    WHY CAN'T I SEE THE PICTURES????????
    Try copying the links and pasting them in a new tab/window, as opposed to just clicking on them - that's what worked for me.

HE -he's definitely a boy - is adorabubbles... :)

sorry guys my photobucket has reached its limit.Ill sort that out now

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Yeah im having no fun with the vids either.. but I'll be patient!..... *waits*

Sorry again guys ,ill sort this out now.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

okay- he is the most adorable thing in the world! and seems to be doing so well! good job OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭jimf

Sorry again guys ,ill sort this out now.:confused:

I think that poor cat looks neglected he needs to come to limerick asap :P

what a little guy he/she looks brilliant well done damaged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I've missed the catch up on kitty the last few days lads - I've been away this weekend, I see d's still "mam and dad of the year" combined!!......

Lovely to see all is well and the little lad/lass is growing stronger by the week now - even lovelier to say "week" as opposed to "day"....... :)...

:) xxx GSW

I've missed the catch up on kitty the last few days lads - I've been away this weekend, I see d's still "mam and dad of the year" combined!!......

Lovely to see all is well and the little lad/lass is growing stronger by the week now - even lovelier to say "week" as opposed to "day"....... :)...

:) xxx GSW

I think we have solved the riddle that he is indeed a he after all.

I think we have solved the riddle that he is indeed a he after all.

:D:D:D

There is a time when you can tell I suppose!!.....:P

And the name??.......Spill the beans?.......:):):)

I had a plan for the naming but I needed the go ahead from the mods but I haven't heard anything in a few days so I want all of ye to decide that :).Ill edit the first post and write down all the suggestions and draw it out of a hat at the weekend.Could some one tell me is there a way to add some kind of poll or "suggestion box" to the front page ?

I had a plan for the naming but I needed the go ahead from the mods but I haven't heard anything in a few days so I want all of ye to decide that :).Ill edit the first post and write down all the suggestions and draw it out of a hat at the weekend.Could some one tell me is there a way to add some kind of poll or "suggestion box" to the front page ?

:o I'm afraid I'm not the one to ask d, I'm terrible at that sort of thing....:o

Hope all is well and you are getting some sleep at last!!....:)

How is the feeding going?...ye both are a pair of troopers!...:) xxx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's too late for you to edit the first post to add a poll. You'll need a local mod to do it for you.

• Advertisement

:o I'm afraid I'm not the one to ask d, I'm terrible at that sort of thing....:o

Hope all is well and you are getting some sleep at last!!....:)

How is the feeding going?...ye both are a pair of troopers!...:) xxx
    Feeds are a bit mad now.He tears the hands off me,hogs down 10-15ml ,burps,rolls over and eats my hands then comes back and finishes the bottle.Ill get a video of it late.But on the plus side,he gets a late feed and then one at 7-8 in the morning.Soooo much better.

Unless you create a poll on another website e.g. survey monkey, pollcode.com or a similar free poll maker and just provide a link to it from here? Not sure if it is allowed, maybe someone can clarify if it's an option for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Ya, an Animal & Pet mod can add a poll (if you ask nicely!):p

Feeds are a bit mad now.He tears the hands off me,hogs down 10-15ml ,burps,rolls over and eats my hands then comes back and finishes the bottle.Ill get a video of it late.But on the plus side,he gets a late feed and then one at 7-8 in the morning.Soooo much better.

For sure!!.....:D

He sounds like a right little guzzler!.....:D

Looking forward to the naming thingie when you get it sorted!....:)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Awww what great news :)

Well done to you!

• Advertisement

.Kovu. wrote: »
    Ya, an Animal & Pet mod can add a poll (if you ask nicely!):p

Am...Can I please have a poll or something similar so the fine people of Boards.ie may name my cat ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭jimf

Unless you create a poll on another website e.g. survey monkey, pollcode.com or a similar free poll maker and just provide a link to it from here? Not sure if it is allowed, maybe someone can clarify if it's an option for you

and no you cant call him Fleetwood mac :eek:

big fan as well showing my age aren't I

jimf wrote: »

You can call him what ever you want if it gets enough votes

I only started listening to them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Am...Can I please have a poll or something similar so the fine people of Boards.ie may name my cat ?

I'm the farming mod, no use to you here! I'm sure one of the others will be along soon to help you out:P

Unless you want us farmers to name it.....

Sure stick to Fleetwood Mac and call him Tusk :D young fan alert

Or Albatross for us oldies........we could call him Batty for short!!...:D;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

As long as it's not Flea-full Cat... :rolleyes:

I think FREDDY would suit him - as in FREDDY KRUEGER - seeing the claws on him... He's much cuter than that, though...:D

.Kovu. wrote: »
    I'm the farming mod, no use to you here! I'm sure one of the others will be along soon to help you out:P

Unless you want us farmers to name it.....
    The more the merrier.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Rocky. He's a little survivor/fighter.

Ok,all these are going on the list.Ill have a look through all the posts and ill leave it open till the weekend and then add the poll with all the names in before then,sound good ?

• Advertisement

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Rocky. He's a little fighter.

I can hear the music now!!.....

....and all the Boardies jumping up and down on the steps of Philly's Museum of Art! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Have to admit looking at the pics of the little kitten and reading how he had a tough start in life turned me into an ould softie.

It reminds me of a cat we had over 30 years ago, she lost her mother as a kitten and we hand reared her, then she got caught in one of those horrible traps that snapped shut on her leg and was in it for 6 days.

I think it will be the same for you OP, you will always remember this little pal of yours and it's nice to see so many good people who care about our little furry friends.

Have to admit looking at the pics of the little kitten and reading how he had a tough start in life turned me into an ould softie.

It reminds me of a cat we had over 30 years ago, she lost her mother as a kitten and we hand reared her, then she got caught in one of those horrible traps that snapped shut on her leg and was in it for 6 days.

I think it will be the same for you OP, you will always remember this little pal of yours and it's nice to see so many good people who care about our little furry friends.
    feel free to throw a suggestion for a name into the pot.I think ill try send everyone that posted on the thread a message and see what they want to name him.it will give a good mix and some more names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Fair play, love the vids (when they were up earlier).

BTW Secret Life of Cats is on the ITV channels right now (and +1 from 2100h). Seen it before, but it's class.

http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week23/secret-life-cats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Rocky. He's a little survivor/fighter.
    And he has the eye of the tiger, sort of.

If I get another kitten I'm calling it Spud :pac:
    I like Tusk/Rocky/ Krueger :D

Stevie is a unisex name so it covers all unexpected eventualities! ;) Tusk is actually pretty cool too...or Albatross ;) lol

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Hi all,
    There is a plan in motion for a naming competition type thing, we just need to finalise some details.
    When we have it all thrashed out, we'll be back onto you all to let you know what the plan is.
    I'd hope to update by tomorrow night (Thurs night), so sit tight!
    Thanks,
    DBB

DBB wrote: »
    Hi all,
    There is a plan in motion for a naming competition type thing, we just need to finalise some details.
    When we have it all thrashed out, we'll be back onto you all to let you know what the plan is.
    I'd hope to update by tomorrow night (Thurs night), so sit tight!
    Thanks,
    DBB

Nice one :) Come on little Tusk :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Nice one :) Come on little Tusk :)

Canvassing will disqualify :P

Advertisement