Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rescued 2 week old kitten

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

damagegt wrote: »
    Is it ok to force the ice bucket challenge on someone/thing ?
    :mad: BOLD! NO!
    RainyDay wrote: »
    I'm not sure how you could get around that, but have you ever licked a cat?
    :mad: BOLD! If ever there was a reason to wash someone's mouth out with soap...

SANTA WILL PUT YOU BOTH ON HIS NAUGHTY LIST... YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

New Home wrote: »

SANTA WILL PUT YOU BOTH ON HIS NAUGHTY LIST... YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

:eek: I've been on the naughty list for years........:D:D:D

Hasn't done me any harm!!...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

:eek: I've been on the naughty list for years........:D:D:D

Hasn't done me any harm!!...;)

But was it from licking or throwing buckets of ice on kittens ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Have you tried him with some food yet? Theres a royal canin kitten food you could place a small bit on your finger and see how that goes.
    Its so nice to see in that last video how well he is thriving. A real little bundle of fur. He's gonna be a character and a handful

Have you tried him with some food yet? Theres a royal canin kitten food you could place a small bit on your finger and see how that goes.
    Its so nice to see in that last video how well he is thriving. A real little bundle of fur. He's gonna be a character and a handful
    No not yet,we did just try the litter box .Does weaning and litter box come at the same time?.I have about a week of kitten formula left should I start now or wait till its finished ?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'd start now, a bit at a time, so if he doesn't take to the solid food quickly enough you still have some formula for top-ups, so to speak. Also, watch out if you are using wet food, his teeth are still small and it's still difficult for him to chew properly, so the food might get stuck on his palate - just make sure that the chunks are absolutely tiny and proportionate to his mouth... He might still be a tad young for dry food, so if that's what you're using just dampen the crunchies with a bit of formula - I'm afraid I can't remember if that Royal Canin kitten food is wet or dry...

I don't think there's anything that should stop you from "kittylittertraining" him at the same time as weaning him, just be veeeeery patient... And if he has any spills outside his tray, by all mean do disinfect but do not use bleach, the smell attracts them and you'd find yourself with another piddle in the same place before you know it...

Also, be very careful with trigger-spray non-rinse disinfectant, some of them are toxic for cats, but it's usually written in the small print on the label at the back.

I'd start now, a bit at a time, so if he doesn't take to the solid food quickly enough you still have some formula for top-ups, so to speak. Also, watch out if you are using wet food, his teeth are still small and it's still difficult for him to chew properly, so the food might get stuck on his palate - just make sure that the chunks are absolutely tiny and proportionate to his mouth... He might still be a tad young for dry food, so if that's what you're using just dampen the crunchies with a bit of formula - I'm afraid I can't remember if that Royal Canin kitten food is wet or dry...

I don't think there's anything that should stop you from "kittylittertraining" him at the same time as weaning him, just be veeeeery patient... And if he has any spills outside his tray, by all mean do disinfect but do not use bleach, the smell attracts them and you'd find yourself with another piddle in the same place before you know it...

Also, be very careful with trigger-spray non-rinse disinfectant, some of them are toxic for cats, but it's usually written in the small print on the label at the back.

The more I have to do the more I feel like this is where my life is going to end up.
    320187.jpg

No not yet,we did just try the litter box .Does weaning and litter box come at the same time?.I have about a week of kitten formula left should I start now or wait till its finished ?

You will need to get more royal canin kitten milk. Its too early to ween him off his bottles yet. Stick to the same type but you'll need to adjust the formula accordingly. But there shouldnt be any harm in introducing him to some wet kitten food.
    From what i remember there's a royal canin kitten moose which would be easy on his tummy but have plenty of the extra ingrediants he is gonna need more as he develops.

There's no major panic in getting this food today or tomorrow but definitly in the next week. Keep an eye on him though. If it gives him the scutters you might need to stop.

edit: this is the stuff u should try him on.

http://www.royalcanin.us/products/products/cat-products/feline-health-nutrition-wet/babycat-instinctive

when you say adjust the formula.Its 20ml to one scoop and hes drinking on average one of those a feed. Should I start offering him more or increase the mixture?

• Advertisement

when you say adjust the formula.Its 20ml to one scoop and hes drinking on average one of those a feed. Should I start offering him more or increase the mixture?

Sorry I meant to say adjust the amount of times you feed him as he gets older.

So he is nearly on week 4 now so that means 5 x 10-15ml per 24 hours he should be getting. He's on this amount already I'd say judging by his fat little belly:D

But Dont do anything sudden or drastic like change the type of formula from royal canin to another company, kittens are very sensitive,they can get the runs very easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Our guy had to be weened off and onto poached salmon! (Seriously, it was the only thing he'd eat... annoyingly posh cat!)
    We added a little chicken to the diet, just really small flakes of chicken breast cooked.

Then little by little introduced more and more meat until eventually he was eating like a normal cat ... although with a major attitude about anything that wasn't chef-prepared.

If you feed him cat food he tries to burry it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Heroditas

If you want to clean him, rub him down with a damp facecloth. By all means, don't bathe him. The cloth will simulate his mother licking him and he'll pick it up fairly quickly.
    It's also instinctive for them to clean themselves so he will end up licking himself after a short while anyway.

Salmon today, caviar tomorrow... and then... I'LL TAKE OVER THE WORRRRLLLLDDD! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

He's getting on so well and is as adorable as ever, I had a cat called chairman meow (my boyfriend wants to name the next one Kim Jong Purr :D )he was a stray but a lovely one who'd climb in the window & hang out with us. I like the name Fievel Meiwskewitz though as he is like a kitty version if Fievel from an American Tail (a tough little scrapper)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Okay all, I'm going to close down this thread for now until I get myself organised for the Great Kitten Naming Competition!
    Bear with me!
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Advertisement

Okay all,
    Can I now declare the Great Name-The-Kitten Thread...

OPEN!

Here it is:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057279396

Do not make ANY nominations on this thread, all nominations must be made through the special thread in order that it'll be counted. Any nominations made so far in this thread will not be counted: re-post them in the new thread please!

Enjoy!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Eh DBB, I'm presuming that you meant the c end date was 3rd September?

I've fixed it now... I knew I'd make a boo-boo :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭jimf

DBB wrote: »
    I've fixed it now... I knew I'd make a boo-boo :rolleyes:

boo boo not a bad name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

I think this thread should be renamed
    "Saved 2 week old kitten" seems more appropriate :)
    Poor little guy wouldn't have made it without the OP
    You saved him

• Advertisement

Ambi Purr

That's hilarious... can you imagine calling him in the middle of the night? AMBIIIIIPURRRRRRRR... AAAAAAMBIIIIIPURRRRRRRR... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭RoadhouseBlues

:D
    That's hilarious... can you imagine calling him in the middle of the night? AMBIIIIIPURRRRRRRR... AAAAAAMBIIIIIPURRRRRRRR... :D

I know:D It sounds foreign or something. A moggy of mystery:D:D

...with a lovely scent to boost! :D

jaysus its sounds like an air freshener

snap:D

And it would probably smell a rat and all:D

I think this thread should be renamed
    "Saved 2 week old kitten" seems more appropriate :)
    Poor little guy wouldn't have made it without the OP
    You saved him

lets ask dbb for another poll to see how many are for and against and really feck up her weekend :P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭is mise spartacus

jimf wrote: »
    lets ask dbb for another poll to see how many are for and against and really feck up her weekend :P:P

Down with this sort of thing

Careful now!
    :mad:

best of luck with naming puss guys I just got banned over on the
    cats predicting problems thread

• Advertisement

DBB wrote: »
    Careful now!
    :mad:

I believe that's an ecumenical matter... :D

best of luck with naming puss guys I just got banned over on the
    cats predicting problems thread

Lol, had I seen your suggestion to start another poll before your CAT scan joke, I'd have REALLY banned you :p

I believe that's an ecumenical matter... :D

lets call the cat dougal or maybe father jack

lets call the cat dougal or maybe father jack

Or feckarsegirlsdrink?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭janmaree

Ah,there not still upside down, are they ?
    I thought i had all that sorted.
    OK,question time.He kinda smells a bit now and hes taking to only falling asleep on my neck after he eats my face for a bit,which I wouldn't mind if he didnt smell.Iv tried my hardest to avoid accidents at toilet time but.....so what i want to know is it ok to wash/bath him ?

Sorry, meant to say I didn't see any of your videos upside down, just reading your posts put me in my mind of my little lad.

Also meant to say that my little guy got sick as a kitten, so congested that he was breathing with his mouth open and then he had the "squirts" as my Dad put it and his long coat was in bits. I bathed him in the utility room sink, belly-button deep in warm water, a little baby shampoo that wouldn't hurt his eyes and I gently bathed him until he was all cleaned up. I dried him off in a big towel and kept him warm by the furnace until he was completely dry and he was grand! I always thought that the bath gave him his total obsession with taps and running water until I read Ticklebelly's (?) thread and started to wonder if it's in the nature of some of them in the first placd! Anyway, if your baby's coat doesn't respond to the wet wipe advice of the others, I just wanted to say that they will survive the "bath" if it's absolutely necessary, so long as you can make it comfy and fun and no big frights, it's OK. I'm not saying bathing a cat is easy, in fact it's difficult to imagine something harder to do but with patience and lots of time, it's doable. My guy turned from a tiny sick muck-ridden scrap of fur into a huge, loving opinionated joy to know, chatty, adorable and very hard to live without. You're doing so well and he's obviously a trooper, if you're careful it shouldn't be a problem at all. Good luck, still "rootin!" for you. J.

DARN IT! I LOOOOVE so many of the names people come up with, I end up voting for almost every second one...

I'm only glad nobody suggested WD40.... :pac:

DARN IT! I LOOOOVE so many of the names people come up with, I end up voting for almost every second one...

I'm only glad nobody suggested WD40.... :pac:

I know.Im going to wait till near the end to cast my vote.Ill get some more videos and pics up later too.
    But in the mean time......

You should see what happened to Calvin when he tried that with Hobbes...

SMALL PRINT: Not every cat is Huff-friendly... And SOMEONE needs a trip to a psychiatry ward, methinks...

Just to be clear...

tumblr_lxioalIyvM1qdl7ho.gif

but also...

tumblr_ld3xrku2Sz1qbw6b9o1_500.gif

Ah, every time I go away this thread goes bananas.........

Have we a name yet and how is kitty??.... xxx GSW :)

• Advertisement

GSW, you still haven't submitted your entry!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057279396&page=2

:)

GSW, you still haven't submitted your entry!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057279396&page=2

:)

Ah, you're as good NH!.....

I've been moving the last few weeks, so I've missed a few days here and there!...Thanks for that!....:) xxxx:) GSW...

Great to see the thread still flying!....

My own kitties have air miles in the car at this stage - it's only when you travel you realise how many people don't like cats at all!!....:eek:

I've been moving the last few weeks, so I've missed a few days here and there!...Thanks for that!....:) xxxx:) GSW...

My own kitties have air miles in the car at this stage - it's only when you travel you realise how many people don't like cats at all!!....:eek:

I KNOW! There must be something wrong with them... Or maybe it's just because they never bothered getting to know them... :)

Hope the move is going well, GSW - I've been through it myself more times than I care to remember, but heck were my arms strong from lifting all those boxes... :cool:

Now, back to the serious business of Kitty-boo - Damagegt, where are ya? We want demand pictures and videos of our little ward!!

I KNOW! There must be something wrong with them... Or maybe it's just because they never bothered getting to know them... :)

So many derogatory comments on kitties in transits??....:(

Hope the move is going well, GSW - I've been through it myself more times than I care to remember, but heck were my arms strong from lifting all those boxes... :cool

It's now time to seriously reflect on the age you think you are to the age you actually are.....:eek::o

Now, back to the serious business of Kitty-boo - Damagegt, where are ya? We want pictures and videos of our little ward!!

And so say all of us!!!.....:D:D:D

Hugs NH xxx:) Thanks for that, wrecked this evening, came home wet and soggy and everyone was was wearing sun clothes!

I have a feeling that New Home is my alter ego :eek:
    First, Father Ted quotes.
    Then, Smack the Pony.
    And now Calvin and Hobbes! :o
    Me loves Calvin and Hobbes :o

New Home rocks!..... :) xxx

• Advertisement

NH BLUSHES AND DISAPPEARS FOR A FEW MINUTES... Thanks people... but then again, great minds and all that, eh?

(GSW, talking about moves, guess why I picked this User ID... :D)
    (DBB, we must've used a transmogrifier... or was it a duplicator... :D)

Would it be ok if I leap in here and say that I love the moggies and I don't understand why people have a hatred of them. I grew up with them and the affection they give is like no other. I can't have one now cos I'm in an apt. But I miss them. We had one at home and he used to sit on the window and watch the planes go across the sky. Honestly. His head would move from one side to the other. Awful funny. Plenty of stories:-):-). Hope ye didn't mind me putting forth my paw like that. Carry on folks.

Would it be ok if I leap in here and say that I love the moggies and I don't understand why people have a hatred of them. I grew up with them and the affection they give is like no other. I can't have one now cos I'm in an apt. But I miss them. We had one at home and he used to sit on the window and watch the planes go across the sky. Honestly. His head would move from one side to the other. Awful funny. Plenty of stories:-):-). Hope ye didn't mind me putting forth my paw like that. Carry on folks.

I hear you bro/sis :cool: You're one of us now. Go moggies!

(What am I still doing up??)

I hear you bro/sis :cool: You're one of us now. Go moggies!

(What am I still doing up??)

Aye I'm a fella. I know its not the macho thing to like cats but I don't give two fecks:D Moggies will rule whether the people that hate them like it or not. And I will be cheering them on. Go moggies. Go and strike fear into the hearts of men.

Hello again.Iv been a tad busy the last few days but Im all done now.Well be making the return journey home today so all the hullabaloo can start.
    The naming comp is going great,Finbarr Cobblepot...........Please people:)
    https://vimeo.com/104885619
    20140830_233706.jpg
    20140830_234205.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement